Thread: Holy #$&%*#& !!!!!! page

robby is offline Junior Member

Holy #$&%*#& !!!!!!

Shop Now
    Real Story,
    This past Sunday night I stumbled onto the Daily Apple website.

I am a 48 y.o. man, 6'2" and on Sunday I weighed 238.6 lbs. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, except for my HDL with is laughably low and type 2 diabetes. I also have suffered from Gout for years. By trade I am a Chef!!!!

I have tried to exercise myself out of this seven year rut but after a few weeks of 2 hours a day with minimal results I always end up not sticking with my routine. This has happened at least four times a year for years.

After reading Mark's ebooks Sunday , I decided to start documenting my weight and blood sugar 3 times a day and knocked out the sugar, grains, dairy, beans, and really all the things not recommended by Marks site and other pages I had read.

It reminded me of the day I decided I wouldn't smoke cigarettes anymore. After 27 years of cigs I felt horrible. I knew for years I had to quit and tried to quit several times a year for years. Suddenly one day, I knew I wasn't going to smoke anymore and started the very painful process of quitting. Cold Turkey is as much fun as it sounds!

I've been smoke free almost 8 years and know I will never have one again.
    I've been sugar, grain, and dairy free for five days and I think I'm done with these too!

It's absolutely crazy, but since Monday morning, my weight has dropped to 231.2 lbs. and my blood glucose levels went from 157 Sunday night ( with 2/day metformin ) to 93 this afternoon. It has now been as low as 84.

On Tuesday evening, I moved my diabetes medications to a drawer and haven't touched it since!
    I put on a pair of jeans that were 2 sizes smaller ( 38" down to 36") on Friday morning.

It's remarkable that any change in diet could yield results this dramatic this fast!
    I'm Flabbergasted!

If there is anyone else new to these forums who hasn't fully committed to changing their lifestyle, I say " Get Going " It's easily the best thing , along with quitting smoking that I've ever done for myself! Ever!

Look forward to reading others posts as I go thru the Forum

Thanks for taking the time, Robby

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    Welcome! It sound sounds like you're off to a great start!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, and wow what great results so far. Good on you!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Great!

Here's the trick though - don't get discouraged when things start to slow down a bit. It's kind of weird, but sometimes your body will shift its focus from weight loss to healing the stuff you can't see. You're still getting healthier, just not lighter for a while. People always get frustrated, but if they stick with it, the weight loss starts up again. And if you look back, you're usually feeling much better anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Super! Go have an egg fried in coconut oil to celebrate.

robby is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Great!

Here's the trick though - don't get discouraged when things start to slow down a bit. It's kind of weird, but sometimes your body will shift its focus from weight loss to healing the stuff you can't see. You're still getting healthier, just not lighter for a while. People always get frustrated, but if they stick with it, the weight loss starts up again. And if you look back, you're usually feeling much better anyway.
    Thanks for the info. I'll take that into account when (if) I hit a wall soon.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm glad it is going well for you. Maybe I'll see you in Mark's Success Story series.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Hey that's awesome! Hope you continue to get healthy... you must be stoked to put that medication away.

Keep on going, ok?