Thread: Making an even bigger primal leap! First post page

ugotllamad is offline Junior Member

Making an even bigger primal leap! First post

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! I am very excited to be here. Actually I have been here for quite a while, but to be writing words on this site is quite refreshing! My journey with nutrition and exercise has been a tumultuous one. I discovered Mark's website in 2007. He was on Doug Kaufman's show Know the Cause promoting the Master Formula. His site then was the old style. It had the caricature of Mark with a big head! The site was in its formative stages then, but I found it an incredible resource. There was no PB book yet, and living primally was really just an idea that was being discovered.

Now, we all know the status of this site now, and I couldn't be happier about that!

I had taken many the tips from Mark and have lived with them nearly constantly for the last few years. Soda, refined grains, alcohol (except red wine) and the other usuals have been eliminated. My workouts are haphazard and fun and I feel great after them. I enjoy basking in the sunlight. I deal with stress with meditation and play. As a result of all of these lifestyle choices, I am living so much happier.

So with the growth of this site, I need to grow as well. I will be 24 in May, and my goal is to be completely primal by my birthday. I need your guys help with this! There are some things I can still improve.

Vegetables and fruits in my diet are a huge opportunity for me. I need to eat a lot more of these. I've got the meat thing down perfectly. Seems to be the easiest part.

I also want to become a master chef on primal meals. This is going to be my big, big, BIG focus over the next month. I keep eating the same thing everyday: shallot and spinach omlete for breakfast, sardines for a snack, a minimal salad for lunch, and fish or steak for dinner. I want to mix things up and get in on some of these exciting meals you guys and ladies tout so openly.

I have realized also that I have been focusing on some of the less important aspects of my health and making unneccessary changes to my lifestyle to mitigate small risks. Mark's article on fluoride woke me up a little bit to this possibility, for example. I have been lugging around a gallon jug of water to work and my girlfriend's because they use filtered municipal water. The water otherwise tastes great and the content tests good too. I feel that this is a lot of unneccessary stress for such a small risk, and I would rather spend my energy focusing on larger risks that I ignored.

Anyway, I don't want to go on too long. So I will linger around and keep absorbing this great information that is going around here. Wish me luck!

Anthony

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Anthony. Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Welcome and good for you taking an interest in your health at your age, I wish I had access to this info 13 years ago!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/