Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yo-yo is OVER!!! page

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member

The Yo-yo is OVER!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last edited by longing2bfit; 07-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Dairy could be the problem. I gained since starting primal, and I think that is why. I am nearly 2 weeks without, and my waist has gone down 6 cm so far, good luck with it

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ayla I am cutting dairy as of now. How much did you gain? (if you don't mind saying)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Dairy -- Well, I tried putting it back in on primal and gained 4 pounds in about 4 days -- and I wasn't eating tons of it. I went off the dairy, lost the weight in two days and am still losing. So dairy seems to affect me, for sure. I also cut out eggs. Salads without orange as part of the dressing are hard for me. I may have to add them back in! Adding the dairy was the first time since I started primal (1/16/12) that I had a big weight change like that. Up until then it was slow and regular.

One idea:

If you cut out all dairy except the cream and coffee, who but knows that they might chemically react in a nice way and not store themselves in unwanted areas! Maybe just one cup of coffee and cream for breakfast?

I'm thinking of adding one orange and some raisins back in for my salad dressing because I can go so primal it's not longer worth eating! I seem to be having meat issues (I suddenly do NOT like meat). Keep yo-yoing around to try to make meat palatable. Bizarre.

Yep. It's called "Primal Journal - Pam."

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I really feel you on this one because I feel thats what happening to me. I did not think I would have to eliminate EVERYTHING!I am not sure what to for dressings anymore either. I hate the oil/vinagar that I use. Do you have a journal? I will go look. Maybe we can encourage each other!

Going over to your journal -- so cool you have one. Did driver training with Ruby, a walk, and 3 sprints, so I'm going to cozify and read your journal. I found it. Nice to meet you, CJ.

Are you going to keep this thread as your journal or your old journal? Wasn't sure which one to post on!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-18-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Dairy could be the problem. I gained since starting primal, and I think that is why. I am nearly 2 weeks without, and my waist has gone down 6 cm so far, good luck with it
    about 6 kg
    I dont think it was all the dairy, I have also been working out pretty hard, so think ive gained muscle too, but it is going down now :

Even cutting dairy right down to one coffee with cream a day could help. I hope to be able to have it again. But I also wonder if coffee was a reason too.
    I did gain in the first couple of months I think, but stayed the same for the next 2 and a bit.
    I cut things right down to basics, so meat and veg (also leaving out eggs now just in case). I eat a fairly large breakfast with a good amount of protein, ie a large steak or chicken breast, or preservative free sausage (just meat and herbs). With veg. Then I eat again around 2-4 pm and I have a similar meal. I sometimes make my own mayo, then use it to make coleslaw. The main veg I eat is steamed broc/cauli though. Occasionally will have a small sweet potato, I am not eating fruit currently.
    If hungry in between that time, I have a few mac nuts, but its rare that I need to.
    I then go to CrossFit at 6.30 pm, and rarely need to eat after. If I do its a little protein leftover from dinner.

I hope something helps you

I also found i need to be careful with IFing and only do it while I am home as it can be a dangerous situation if out and I get hungry.

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast