Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yo-yo is OVER!!! page 3

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If it helps any, I used to think it would be impossible to enjoy food without dairy. But it's really an afterthought for me now. I keep myself from freaking out or feeling guilty if a menu doesn't offer a non-dairy primal option (paleo), but I'm better without it. I didn't get cravings under control until it was gone because it spikes your insulin worse than anything - far worse than the crappiest candy bar or most processed piece of bread you can think of! My acne is now gone for the first time in more than a decade and I notice it's completely connected to dairy consumption.

Other creamy things you can enjoy in dairy's place include avocado and full-fat coconut milk (the kind that separates into solids and water - yom, yom!). Come to think of it, I think those two things are really what helped me wean off dairy. Now I don't need to eat coconut milk or avocado that often either (definitely did in the beginning!).
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    great post CJ!!! I always try to have an "attitude of gratitude" every day!!! Its hard to be kind & gentle to ourselves sometime...especially if you're one of those folks that have no patience & want to be skinny RIGHT NOW! lol Like me!

I have to remind myself constantly that slow & steady wins the race!! But its hard! But then no one said the path to health & fitness was gonna be an easy one! Thankfully we have such great support! This is the first time I've ever tried to lose weight with this much support to draw from! I think it makes all the difference, especially when you get discouraged.

have an wonderful wednesday!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    These two ingredients are used often in recpes for gluten free products and I have seen guar gum listed for years on commercial products. So what is the primal stance on them?

A question I am seeking advice on from the main forum but wanted to also ask here

"Guar gum comes from the endosperm of the seed of the legume plant Cyamopsis tetragonolobus. Cyamopsis tetragonolobus is an annual plant, grown in arid regions of India as a food crop for animals."

"Xanthun Gum comes from corn and it is a slimy gel produced by the bacterium Xanthomonas campestris, which causes black rot on cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli. The slime protects the bacterium from viruses, and prevents it from drying out."

those are excellent affirmations CJ!!! I love 'em. Will have to think about some for me! And Thankful Thursdays!! I really love that!!! So let's all try to post something we're thankful for on our first post to our journals on Thursday mornings!!! K?

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I love that idea so much~ I hope others will give it a go also

So I am making a quick entry to take some notes firstly I checked my blood sugar out of curiousity and found it an 84. I posted to ask if this seemed normal and I am thinking it is acceptable Also in googling discovered that it could also mean I do NOT have hypothyroidism

Finally starting feeling hungry about 2pm today. Not bothering me but probably not a good time to be reading the recipe forum either:|

PS apparently I am developing a smiley addiction, note to self; *must use smileys more sparingly*

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I lost track. How many days have you been fasting? Sometimes, when fasting, I found the only way to get through the boredom of no taste was exactly that -- looking at wonderfully healthy recipes. I bet you're under 200. Gosh! I hope I don't have to fast to get there by the end of the month:-( When I was thin, I often fasted and it seemed easy. I seem to rebel against it now. It is so cool that you are doing it. I may just have to in order to reach my goal this month.

I like your smileys!

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I love that idea so much~ I hope others will give it a go also

So I am making a quick entry to take some notes firstly I checked my blood sugar out of curiousity and found it an 84. I posted to ask if this seemed normal and I am thinking it is acceptable Also in googling discovered that it could also mean I do NOT have hypothyroidism

Finally starting feeling hungry about 2pm today. Not bothering me but probably not a good time to be reading the recipe forum either:|

PS apparently I am developing a smiley addiction, note to self; *must use smileys more sparingly*

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Well, next time you fast, just view my breakfasts -- tea and supplements and ignore the rest:-)

Funny, I always think I eat way more than everyone else and that lex26 (our Lex) is starving to death!

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Hi Pam, that's amazing that you can look at recipes while fasting. I almost lost the fast in here yesterday reading everyones daily meals. lol.. I have come to the conclusion that I really eat a lot more than others or at least it seems so by viewing the meals. I hope this fast helps me cut my portions down!

and sometimes I worry that I'm not eating enough!! I'm generally under 1200 calories a day...but I feel like I'm eating enough! (except of course when I'm fasting.)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    YAY! Just finished reading your journal. Great job with your fast. When I was in my early 20's I would spend weeks only eating lunch. It didn't seem weird or wrong. I just didn't eat. And of course, i was at what is now my goal weight - 140 - during that time. My body has become so conditioned to eating 3-6x a day thanks to CW. I am working on that by not snacking anymore. Then I'll cut breakfast. Cutting dinner will be a tough one since I am the cook at home... Might be forced to eat dinner and skip breakfast and lunch... we'll see when the time comes.

Good luck with the rest of the fast. Maybe you'll drop to 200 by tomorrow and be below 200 before next week?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like the idea of having an eating window like your 10-3. I already save some of the meals I make at night and put them in the fridge for the next day. But definitely on my fasting days, I'll do what you suggested and make a plate for the next day and not eat that night. Good idea.

You know, I used to worry about my kids skipping dinner (they're 5 and 2). We'd demand they sit down and eat, but they'd say "I'm not hungry" and we'd get upset that they'd be hungry later or malnourished, etc... Now I won't worry about it b/c we are trying to train ourselves not to eat when we're not hungry, so we should respect the same with our kids. Kids are so smart!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast