Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yo-yo is OVER!!! page 2

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just thinking -- 3 of my grandkids just love chicken soup, so I often make homemade chicken soup for them. My other grandkid also likes chicken soup but adores meat of any kind. Maybe you could learn how to make homemade venison jerky with grandbaby:-) Then you could nosedive with impunity and be totally primal -- even grandbabies can chew and chew and chew on jerky, I imagine. Well, it does matter how little; choking is not good. If you do ever figure out how to make a really good venison jerky, it is absolutely fantastic. My grandfather hunted when I was little, and I got a box of jerky every year.

Hope you have a wonderfully primal day and nosedive into a lot of meat and vegies:-)
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    i dont track now, its the surest way to send me to a binge. It makes me stress out. Its for the same reason I took our scales to crossfit and smashed them with the sledge hammer
    Just measuring my waist is a good enough indication for me.

Fork in eye is NOT a good visual. End of tracking food. Drives one nuts fairly quickly!

Then, when I saw coffee for breakfast and lettuce for lunch, I thought you'd gone anorexic and started really panicking. Luckily, you followed it up with some good food.

Do you find eggs satisfy you? I had trouble making it to the next meal with eggs. I put some corned beef in my BAS today, and I'm still satisfied and thinking I can make it a bit longer with this one meal a day thing (at lunch). Not sure how long I can do it. Yes, primal man probably didn't eat three times a day, but once a day! Hmm! But then, he probably wasn't overweight either, so he had no need to do it by choice.

Thinking if you keep eating like today, you'll be under that 200 mark by April -- and never get to it again:-) Pretty exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Following some advice I decided to track my food intake for a week or so starting today, 10 minutes into measuring and writing down I wanted to stick a fork in my eye! I was steady flashing on my CW days and the typical SAD diet following WW etc. *groan* please fairy fatchick-mother make this a dream*groan*

B-1 coffee with spash of cream & stevia

L- 2 C boston lettuce
    stirfry: 1 T OO, 1/2 C Broc, purple cabbage,mushrooms,zucchini, 2 boiled eggs, 1 T peppercini juice, 4 small peppercinis, 1/2 tsp himalayan salt, 1/2 tsp tumeric. Feelings about this lunch: satisfaction meter 1-10: 4 satiety factor: good
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Try the Cron O Meter for tracking - it lets you set your diet as Paleo or your own ratio of fats/carbs/protein. It showed me a couple of mistakes I was making. You can enter your own recipes too, which is handy as it means you just put them on as one item instead of entering every bit of stuff that is in it.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Do you have the time to write down exactly what you've been eating? If you've cut out grains, sugars, processed oils, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, eggs, dairy (except for that one cup of coffee), and most fruit, maybe even coconut milk, it could be that time of the month, when you last went to the bathroom, a little too much salt, or something. If you weigh again tomorrow, it might go down. You could be one of those people who normally go up and down, so it could work for you to throw away the scale or go to the other extreme and weigh everyday to see if your body naturally jumps around weight-wise.

Just some thoughts. Oh, you could also surprise your body by IFing. My body seems to be responding well to the once a day at lunch meal.

Are you using table salt or Himalayan salt? Table salt does bizarre, not-nice things to water weight.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

I think you can kick this! You can be tough, I know it. If you get hungry while fasting, a spoon of coconut oil helps. Don't give up. I agree with you. It's all a pain in the butt (pun intended).

My plan for a bit is:
    Breakfast: Supplements: B12, C, D3, and cod liver oil. White-pomegranate tea with a bit of cream.
    Lunch: A BAS with lots of vegetables (raw and/or cooked), lots of fresh salad greens, some fruit, and an olive oil and orange dressing with Himilayan sea salt, pepper and some raisins and then some protein -- whatever I want, even if it's cheese.
    Dinner (late): One cup of hot organic milk with raw cacao and raw cacao nibs, turmeric, and a bit of fresh dates for sweetener.

Four days ago, I though I could never manage with just lunch, but it's getting easier. I am going to cut vitamin C as soon as I'm done with the bottle, as oranges ought to do the trick. I get muscle cramps in my legs sometimes -- thus the milk - turmeric - cacao mixture at night. I get tired of adding supplements. So, I'll end up with B12, D3, and cod liver oil.

Maybe you could try something along that line, but putting in the things you like. Maybe the body just needs a hell of a surprise.

I agree with you totally about tracking and weighing. For me, skipping the tracking but weighing everyday works. And if you work something out at lunch with a ton of vegies (maybe not potato and sweet potato:-)) and then all protein you wanted so you are happy and satisfied, it might work. You'll have made it through half of the day and get to do it again tomorrow. In the mornings you wake up and only have to make it until lunch with your coffee and cream or whatever your choice. In the evening, I think a nice drink is warming and good for sleep, but for you it might be a little of something else.

Just ideas. But yes, tomorrow is a fresh day and you can start all over. It IS the first day of the rest of your life, and you can do it. I'm thinking the evening thing should be something you'd never want to binge on, but something that tastes good. Taste is of utmost importance for me. If it doesn't taste good, it's like I haven't eaten!

Carry on. Tomorrow is a new day and, BTW, if it's okay with you to say, what is this amazing job you have where you go away and come back and don't seem to hate it. Okay, I'm thinking you go out and train a horse or feed the sheep, or brush the goats, or check on the garden (well, I'm not sure what part of the world you're in, so maybe you're like me in the NW of the US and don't have gardens yet).

Yes, I like the idea of a new day tomorrow. Eat lunch until happy -- even the gray dairy area -- but everything else primal. Just an idea, of course.

Hey, pepperoncini can have a lot of crap in them that makes one retain water. I just noticed you'd had that when I was trying to figure out where you were from. Maybe that's the issue right there. It is amazing what .... is in some stuff. I do see you use Himalayan, so we're good there.

Hang on in there. It will work.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I am almost through the day of fasting!Yay~ I actually feel better already.

I did drink some warm tea and later plan to have my own special cocktail of tumeric, cayenne, and cinnamon! Sounds terrible but is very soothing for me.

I Really like all of your suggestions Pam!! I was thinking of something along those lines already. Once in my 20's I lost a ton of weight by having all of my food before 3 pm everyday!

So my plan looks like this:
    breakfast herbal tea with lemon

lunch, veggies and protien

before bed my herb cocktail.

And continue with my walking and heavy lifting and thinking positive.If all else fails I can perhaps use the carving knife :| (J/K)

Your plan looks absolutely perfect. Yep, I like it

Question: You just mix turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne in hot water with nothing else? This I gotta try.

Well, if you and I stick to this for (how long?) and it doesn't work, instead of carving knives, let's just be GI Jane types and go on water and cut all our hair off (okay, forget the hair part).

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I am almost through the day of fasting!Yay~ I actually feel better already.

I did drink some warm tea and later plan to have my own special cocktail of tumeric, cayenne, and cinnamon! Sounds terrible but is very soothing for me.

I Really like all of your suggestions Pam!! I was thinking of something along those lines already. Once in my 20's I lost a ton of weight by having all of my food before 3 pm everyday!

So my plan looks like this:
    breakfast herbal tea with lemon

lunch, veggies and protien

before bed my herb cocktail.

And continue with my walking and heavy lifting and thinking positive.If all else fails I can perhaps use the carving knife :| (J/K)
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    hi longing...just noticed you recently started your journal so thought I'd pop in & say hi & welcome! Sounds like you are having some of the same issues that some of us are having. I did a 24 hr fast & didn't lose anything day before yesterday! I've hit a brick wall for about the last month or so & can't seem to get past it. But I know this is the right way to eat & maybe it just takes time for the body to heal. I'm not a very patient person tho!! I weigh every day & my weight goes up & down, but I try to rely more on the tape measure. Also if you're working out you could also be gaining some muscle & eventually the weight will start coming off. At least that's what I keep telling myself! lol

One thing I was thinking about while reading your posts that you & others might keep in mind. I don't know how old you are...did I read in your 40's? But you could be entering the early stages of menopause. I couldn't lose weight for the life of me while I was going thru it. Thank goodness I'm several years past it now. Just something I thought I'd throw out there.

I'll be following your journal...I like the way you write & it sounds like you have a great sense of humor!

Have a great evening!! And just stick with us!! We can do this!!! Pam & I are bound & determined to make it below the big 2-0-0 by April 1st!!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    *any male visitors may wanna just skip this post!* lol

CJ...oh you're welcome! I was done with manypaws when I was 53! I was soooo happy! I didn't have hardly any 'symptoms' (with the exception of heavy clotting etc during TOM) & just breezed right thru it. My mom & grandma didn't have any problems either & my grandma was even done in her late 40's. I wasn't so lucky!

I will probably do another fast in the next week. It wasn't all that difficult to do & I think it really gives the body time to rest.

Stick with us baby!! Who knows where we'll end up! lol
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast