Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge Weight Gain, need advice or direction :( page

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member

Huge Weight Gain, need advice or direction :(

Primal Fuel
    I have been following this site since june of '11 and faithfully followed the book and PBF to the letter, I started out needing to lose about 40 pounds and have gained 35!!!! So now I need to lose 75!! I am disgusted with myself and can barely function.
    Background info:
    age 51, F, 5'5, CW 203lbs (up from 168lbs)

Daily food: B-eggs boiled or fried in CO, avocado, coffee(sometimes with HWC) L-salad, leftover meat, olive oil/vinagar dressing, D-meat, low gi veggies.
    I drink bonebroth almost everyday- i eat offal 2 times per week, grassfed meat, wild seafood.

I have done this several ways: I went extremely high fat and was gorging on home-made mayo, and avocados, and macadamia oils and nuts, along with raw milk dairy and tons of Kerrygold. Then tried IF from 6pm until noon each day, then tried leptin reset, then tried upping carbs then lowering carbs then no carbs. I have added iodine and selenium and mag, and calcium. I live where the sun shines every day, I hike 3 times per week. I lift heavy things 2 times per week, I sprint 2 times per week, I walk every day. I have eaten 1400 calories per day and 2000 calories per day. I have read Paleobirds calories threads and tried to log everything. I have tried everything I see suggested and for several weeks each time and my weight just keeps going higher. I am at my wits end.

I stopped grains and sugar and processed food before I ever found this website because I had severe IBS and it ended when I changed my diet. I was losing steadily just by doing that and before I ever knew about coconut oil or products, or eating higher fat etc. I was led here by someone else originally and I thought I had found the perfect fit for a new lifestyle but now my I feel my life has spiraled out of control.

And my last piece's of anguish! I am always starving-always!! Even after I eat a whole avocado and chunk of meat I never feel full anymore.I just had a cup of fresh bone-broth and plateful of liver and I am starving What is wrong with me? Also I have lost over half of my hair and now have acne which I was hoping would reverse eventually. I will take any and all advice and you can believe I will do whatever is suggested. Please help me figure this out.

(I have had tests and supposably my thyroid is excellent, and all of my hormones are normal, I take 0 medications)

THank You for anything you offer!

I did just start a journal also so I can track my foods and exercise everday, hope that will help.
    Last edited by longing2bfit; 03-17-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    First question, do you have your gallbladder? If not, eating high fat just isn't going to work. And if you aren't taking any, you need to add a good enzyme supplement to help with digestion of protein and fats. It made a huge difference for me when I did.
    Even with a gallbladder, I don't think most women do well with the extreme high fat ultra low carb.

Hair falling out and acne could definitely be signs of something wrong or that your hormones are out of balance.

Since you were doing well on just no grains, processed, etc., I'd go back to what you were doing then in terms of calories and ratios but keeping the grass fed, wild, etc.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    All I can think of is that you're allergic to something you've added to your diet. Try an elimination diet? Or do a coca pulse test on foods you weren't eating before and have added since going primal.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Alaska Ang;
    I do have my gallbladder and have never had any issues with it. I will see about getting an enzyme for digestion starting today. Thanks for the advice.

I had my hormones tested and they were all normal I was told. I added the bone broth because I read that could help with hair loss.

trwdag;
    what is a coca pulse test? thanks for your reply.

Cricket is offline Member
    I don't have my gallbladder and I don't have any trouble eating fat. I HAD trouble when I had my gallbladder. I am so glad I finally was able to have mine out. I only wish I would have had it out SOONER!

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    All I can think of is that you're allergic to something you've added to your diet.
    This could definitely be an issue, especially if you weren't eating much dairy before or the coconut products and are now consuming high quantities of them.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I replied in your journal but dairy could have been the issue. It was for me, and I wasn't having alot. Or coffee. But I have cut both and now in the last almost 2 weeks without, my waist has gone down 6 cm

I have eliminated dairy and never ate coconut products before the last 6-8 months! Then of course went a little overboard with CO and raw coconut and milk, have since stopped all coconut products excpet oil. Maybe I should stop using it and see what happens? Thanks.

Cricket;
    awesome that worked for you like that.

Ayla thanks! I am cutting dairy and coffee. I am willing to try anything at this point.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast