Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page

Nady is offline Senior Member

Planning a fast~ anyone interested?

Primal Fuel
    Mark's blog post How Fasting Aids Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple couldn't have come at a better time, I really need to do some 'Spring Cleaning'! I have some habits I want to break and I know from experience (quit smoking) that fasting is the easiest way to make that happen~ but also, I think my body could just use the break. And the weight loss would be a nice bonus.

Would like to discuss, but please, read the blog first~ can't have a meaningful exchange of ideas if the same old CW 'starvation' garbage keeps getting regurgitated, KWIM?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    How long of one are you planning?

I think maybe 5 days~ keep the carbs below 30 for the next 3 days so I'll be in ketosis and then start the water fast on Tuesday. If it's going well and no signs of hunger, maybe take it a couple of extra days.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    LOVE fasting. I find drinking lots of water, hot caffeine free tea helps with those hunger growls. I drink a cup of black coffee in the morning too. I do 24hr fast once a week and feel amazing when I do so.

I remember my first time fasting, I felt light headed and nauseous but after laying on the couch for 1/2 hr, it went away and I just kept fasting.

If it stresses you out, avoid fasting. Keep yourself as busy as you can all day so that you don't have time to realize that you are even fasting. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I think maybe 5 days~ keep the carbs below 30 for the next 3 days so I'll be in ketosis and then start the water fast on Tuesday. If it's going well and no signs of hunger, maybe take it a couple of extra days.
    So 5 days straight with no food?

It's a working number~ I once did 10 days water only, but I really think I can get my system cleared in 5. Besides, I'm not as young as I used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    It's a working number~ I once did 10 days water only, but I really think I can get my system cleared in 5. Besides, I'm not as young as I used to be!
    Oh yeah, weren't you the one that cleared up some issues by doing that? I've never done more than a 27 hr fast, I would like to do a 40 hr fast one day but can't seem to get past that 27th hour. ah well, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by JoPaleo View Post
    Oh yeah, weren't you the one that cleared up some issues by doing that? I've never done more than a 27 hr fast, I would like to do a 40 hr fast one day but can't seem to get past that 27th hour. ah well, one day.
    Yes, I had chronic eczema. I often do IF~ eating once a day~ but I find it easier to do longer fasts if I'm in ketosis first. Usually, I don't go so low with my carbs when IFing.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    imho i wuoldnt go much past 2 days, u risk more muscle than fat being eaten away

i realize yuore trying to "clense" but why not just go to daily IFing after say a 24-48hour fast?

5 days is just extreme ...
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    imho i wuoldnt go much past 2 days, u risk more muscle than fat being eaten away

i realize yuore trying to "clense" but why not just go to daily IFing after say a 24-48hour fast?

5 days is just extreme ...
    Please read Mark's blog post on fasting~ the link is on my first post

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast