Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page 39

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, Sabine. I might be up for this. I am eating through all the remaining stuff in my pantry and seeing how long I can NOT go to the grocery store in anticipation of moving some time early next year. (Downsizing from a huge house to an apartment). By Jan 1 there will be very little left around to be tempting. I'm not putting my house on the market until Feb 1 so January will be a bit of a "limbo" month for me. May as well get something productive done.

How many days were you thinking of going for?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I would be game also. I had wanted to incorporate a 3-day per month. And I also wanted to do a 7-10 day each season. And I havent done anything long term for a number of months, so I am due
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

middlemist camelia is offline Junior Member
    On this topic of fasting, is it recommended if you have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue? I'm concerned about added cortisol...

Cossycarrick is offline Member
    4.5 Days is my longest fast and it was ok. Only water and one cup of tea a day. Its amazing how cold you get.
    Think i may go a 5day next week:-)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by middlemist camelia View Post
    On this topic of fasting, is it recommended if you have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue? I'm concerned about added cortisol...
    Please talk to your doctor about this. A bunch of folks on the internet can't really do anything but speculate.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm planning on at least two, up to four.

Paleobird Guest
    We did four last time. I was thinking about maybe going for a longer one.

I'll cheer you on, but I'm thinking I'll start slow this time.

I'm reviving this thread, because I am starting a five-day fast. Anyone interested in chatting?

My fasting history has changed. For those who are interested in a brief recap: I stopped doing the monthly fasts(just enjoying eating too much, I guess! ) and then after getting hit with a digestive issue at the end of February 2013, I sort of fell into Alternate Day Fasting. It has worked very well for controlling my weight, but I still have the (as yet to be figured out) digestive issue. I have tried various things( FODMAPS, food eliminations, diaries, relaxation techniques,etc). The issue is a little better than when it began, but still bugging me.

The next thing I am trying, is a five-day fast, to give my digestive tract a complete rest while it grows a new lining(based on the intestinal lining renewing itself every three to five days).

That's just for an understanding of where I am coming from. I don't particularly want to talk about my issue, except in the sense of my motivation for doing the fast.

Yesterday was my first Fasting Day after Thanksgiving, in my normal ADF rotation, and I am now debating plunging ahead and making it the first of my five days, or maybe doing an ADF rotation or two before going for five days.

The longest I have done before was four days.

Yesterday was a little hard, I am assuming because I was coming off the high-carb delights of Thanksgiving. (I am usually low to moderate carb.) But I made it through.

So, enough about me! Anyone want to join in?

I plunged in. I am approaching the end of my third day. I'm a little hungry, but it is not bad. Doing ADF has really helped me be more detached from hunger as an emergency situation.

A friend was somewhat astonished that I didn't get headaches from not eating Being mostly low-carb/fat-adapted has helped with that, I think. No shakiness, either.

I am regretting that I can't(choose not to) eat the rest of the yummy Thanksgiving leftovers. The pie is standing neglected. And the ham, the beautiful ham!

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast