Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page 38

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nady - Sabine just clued me into this thread, as she's following my fasting journal. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread yet, but I'll come back to it in the next day or two. I did catch a couple of your posts - one referencing alcohol, so I immediately felt a kin-ship. I do love to drink. Anyway, I'm wrapping up day 13 as I type - thinking of going for 21, but am going for a weight loss, or fat-loss goal, so if that happens before 21 days all the better.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Nady - Sabine just clued me into this thread, as she's following my fasting journal. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread yet, but I'll come back to it in the next day or two. I did catch a couple of your posts - one referencing alcohol, so I immediately felt a kin-ship. I do love to drink. Anyway, I'm wrapping up day 13 as I type - thinking of going for 21, but am going for a weight loss, or fat-loss goal, so if that happens before 21 days all the better.
    Hello and welcome! Please post your experiences here too! You're at 13 days? Would you mind sharing your objectives?

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    The short version: I've been primal for a little over 2 years. Lost about 20 pounds, gained back 5 and have held that for a while. Due to primal, I've kicked all asthma meds, which was a huge relief. Still wasn't happy about my weight though and find the weekend binging (food/beer/wine) wouldn't allow any more weight loss. I tend toward extreme solutions anyway, so after reading an article in Harper's plus Mark's recent fasting series, thought I'd give it a go... So here I am giving my wife more fodder for her assumption that I am mad.

Interesting~ reminds me of my first (deliberate) fast. But I tend to see fasting less as extreme, and more like reminding the body just how resilient and adaptable it is. After all, if Grok was incapacitated by hunger, how could he hunt and correct the problem?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    OMG 13 days! Don't know if I should shake your hand or have your head examined I am good with 24s but my goal is 48 but my ultimate goal is more days, like the BP rapid fat loss protocol. I have been finding it tough this month though, since we have had more company this month than the last 3 years. I am always cooking or getting snacks for someone else. ugggh.

And so this past weekend, I can relate to your weekend comment. I had things I normally dont, like a pancake, a sandwich, etc. So come Monday morning, my scale showed 4 extra pounds. Started Fasting this week but only able to do about 20 at a time, due to aforementioned reasons (excuses) but anyways my scale dropped 1.1 of those yesterday morning, and 1.8 of those this morning.

I so wanted to be in a better place come the first of August but I am learning & that is good progress.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Morning all~
    Slept like a log last night (much needed) and woke raring to go (unusual for me) But I'll take it!! This morning, I made a small (8) batch of pickled eggs~ tasty snacking next week Thinking they might be good in Scotch Eggs instead of regular HB eggs, maybe use gr. beef instead of sausage?

Why does it seem I have so much more energy when I fast? Or maybe it's just a 'primal' leftover~ Grok can't catch the beast if he's lethargic from lack of food~

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Just came off of a 20 hour fast. Was going to go longer but I didn't feel like it was going to be good any longer. Broke the fast with a lot of steak, and a cup of vegetables, as well as a tall glass of milk.

I haven't felt this good in a long time. I guess I am in the Fast-5 mode. I did feel really tired right after eating, but a quick 5-minute laying down on my bed and I felt a burst of energy. I'm going to try this Fast-5 throughout this week and maybe do a longer fast on the weekend.
    "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome! The week before, I was able to do several 24's.

I was on vacation last week, and we shared a cabin with my brother and his wife, both breakfast eaters. DH usually leaves early so I am able to skip breakfast easy at home. Well on vacation, I did got off my normal routine a couple of days, but then there were other days that I was still able to IF until lunch time. Most nights, we ate at the cabin so I was able to eat Primal most nights.

But I had a margarita on two of the nights that we went back out after dinner. I had a bun a couple of times for lunch I think. I did resist all desserts even on the buffet. We had to stay at a hotel to and from our destination (Sturgis) so I resisted the donuts and waffles with the free breakfast and opted for the boiled eggs. So I tried to be good when I could, but didnt stress it when I was not so good. It resulted in a 2.2 gain over 9 days, but I am not tripping. I had steak last night and Friday night and it tends to stick around a bit longer. I also had the time of my life!

Will see where the week takes me. DH is home for a couple more days, and the kids will be back in school come Thursday. It is easier for me to do the longer fasts when there are not so many ppl around (ppl I have to cook for)
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Bumping this thread.

I'm starting to think about fasting again. The outside stress (money and job related) that I was going through are over (yay!) and not only do I have control over what I can eat again, but I feel mentally able to do a fast. I got back on primal after some very NON-primal eating during our difficult times, and it has been great. Feeling better physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I am planning to do some casual IF through the end of the year, and then get back on my schedule of one longer (2-4 days) fast each month. Given the very traditional 'time-to-start-over' time of year coming up, I thought I would do my first fast beginning January 1, 2013.

My main interest in fasting is autophagy, but I'll happily take any weight loss that goes along with it.

Anyone interested in joining in?

Char Aznable is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If my current fast goes according to plan, then I likely won't be in any position to fast again come January 1st, but I wish you the best of luck and hope to read some updates!

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast