Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page 3

wren is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I won't be able to do it, but would love to follow along and learn! I'm still new enough (and, let's face it, if I tried a multi-day fast, my family would give me heck!) I can do the dinner to dinner and may even be able to eek out a 48 hour fast.
    That said, only ever done some IF, so this will be new...
    (But I do think I need to do some - especially to kick the weightloss into gear)

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I won't lie and pretend that the weight loss isn't one of the reasons, but before I got fed up with the allergies, I wasn't willing to do more than IF for the weight. Now I have a window and feel like it's a good time to do a 'reboot'~ get things back on track.

If you've never done a fast longer than 24hrs, maybe try a 36 hr. first and see how it goes~

wren is offline Member
    I will. I hadn't realized it, but I do have a 'window' of opportunity too. Couldn't go too long, but 36-48 hours might be do-able (and how do you know until you try?)
    Most of my IFs have just sort of happened. Anything special I should be aiming to do before hand?

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely looking to shed some weight with this as well. The only exercise I currently do are wall push ups, squats, and taking a flight of stairs at work four or five times a day. I plan to continue during the fast. Will definitely post updates.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    i fast and like fasting, but i think people are seeing it as a magic bullet. its not.

simply its a tool to reduce calories over the course of a week or month etc.

be careful not to binge on lots of food when you end the fast either.

hunger for me comes in waves and dissapears in waves, 16+ hours its gone, back around 24hrs and goes away again, you might get hungrier quicker if your work is manual.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Anything special I should be aiming to do before hand?
    For me, I cut the carbs and get into ketosis first~ really helps with hunger. I think there is a personal touch to fasting though~ being hungry (stomach) doesn't bother me, it's the brain nagging that makes me cave~ ketosis seems to turn off my thinking about food .

Quote Originally Posted by badly_dubbed View Post
    i fast and like fasting, but i think people are seeing it as a magic bullet. its not.

simply its a tool to reduce calories over the course of a week or month etc.

be careful not to binge on lots of food when you end the fast either.

hunger for me comes in waves and dissapears in waves, 16+ hours its gone, back around 24hrs and goes away again, you might get hungrier quicker if your work is manual.
    If your only reason for fasting is to lose weight, then yes~ but it also gives your body a chance to heal and as odd as it sounds, fasting helps me 'hear' my body better~ like what foods work well, and what foods don't. There are plenty of people that fast only for the cleansing benefit.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    but most on here will be using it for fat loss. i dont and possibly you dont either

48hr fasts allow me to save tons of cash on a weeks shopping for one lol
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

wren is offline Member
    Weight loss would be nice - I won't deny that I'm hoping to see that as a result. However, I'm hoping to 'break it up' so to speak. I don't want to fall into the trap of seeing the clock and wanting to eat... I want to re-learn what hungry feels like... I want to gain control of me. I want to break that calling of sugar over me... (Heck, saving money on food would sure be nice too)

patski is offline Senior Member
    LOVE fasting. I find my body has been tolerating it well.

Although I start to trip out a little bit later in the day. And get the giggles.

I gave up pot, so it ain't that, kiddies!

FASTING IS FUN!!!

Tea helps huge.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast