Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page 29

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have found that eating in the late evening doesn't work well for me i.e. about two-three hours before bed. I wake up bloated, gassy, and normally up a few lbs on the scale, I would much rather eat a late, large lunch. As far as the current fast my tummy is less bloated and I'm feeling great at 27 hours. Longest I've ever gone! WOOT!

Paleobird Guest
    I'm at about 43 hours and feeling awesome. I wasn't hungry at all this morning as I fixed breakfast for my Dad. Now at 1pm I've got a little bit of a tummy growl going on.

It's a hot day here and I'm trying to stay hydrated with iced tea and mineral water.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't hungry at lunch and skipped it, which is no big deal as I do that fairly often. But you guys have inspired me to keep this fast up for a bit longer than 24 hours I would normally go. I finished dinner last night around 8, so I'm at hour 20 now. I'll plan to continue this until dinner tomorrow, for a 48 hour fast. If I'm feeling up to if, I may go longer, but I'm going to play it by ear. It would be really lovely if this helps my skin clear up before the weekend....
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I did the 24h fast that I talked about in the thread, however it turned out to be more of a 30h fast actually.
    Felt very good, kind of a good "reset" before being as primal as ever
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

kittenasacat is offline Junior Member
    Well, I hate to report that I broke my fast under a stressful situation. However, I'd like to hop right back into it, in a better state of mind. Starting 5:30 pm central time, here's to a better go of it this time

Paleobird Guest
    OK. Two days down and one to go. I'm not really hungry but I am having this intense craving for butter.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I once did a four day long fast, and that was before I was primal. Felt great!

Now I basically eat on the warrior diet paradigm, but I skip the small snacks advocated by it and go cold turkey until mealtime minus a bit of tea or yerba mate.

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    I got pretty hungry right around 32 hours but that was also bedtime so there was no way I was breaking my fast. (Eating before bed makes me bloated and cranky in the morning) Woke up with no hunger and going to break at 48 hours. Really happy that I lasted longer than 24 and down 4 lbs this morning!

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Coming up on 60 hours and feeling good. Last night I was walking home from the train station at 10:00pm- most definitely past my bedtime and 50 hours into my fast. I noticed how good I felt, relaxed and full of energy.
    I did start getting hungry in the afternoon yesterday, right about the 44 hour mark. This seems to be the pattern for me- hunger late on the second day. It was relatively easy to ignore, even though peanut m&ms were offered to me, moments after I had mentioned how that was my movie-time temptation. Managed to say no (as my desire for them was strictly mental), but what an awful coincidence!
    Good to hear from so many of you that it is going well. Sorry about stress interrupting your fast, Kittenascat. Sometimes life just intervenes, though! Good luck on starting over. Are you going to wait a few days, or plunge right in? I have recently read about alternate day fasts, eat normally one day, eat nothing the next, which sounds intriguing, and after realizing how long it takes me to get truly hungry, very doable. But I want to stick with my plan (monthly fasts for a year) before I do much switching up. Also, I have only heard about it as a weight-loss tool, which is not my primary (fasting) goal right now. Although, being human, I have to say how pleased I am that the weight I released during my last fast, seems to have stayed away.
    Got lots of plans to keep me busy again today. Among them, making that quiche! So much was going on yesterday that i didn't get to it, and my family had to forage for themselves. They survived.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Collegeprimalgirl, yay! Good job on going the whole 48 hours. Have a good break-fast.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast