Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning a fast~ anyone interested? page 11

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Thank You Thank You!! I'm very pleased~ I proved two important things to myself~ One, I'm not so old after all, and two, I DON'T NEED BOOZE!

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Weight loss would be nice - I won't deny that I'm hoping to see that as a result. However, I'm hoping to 'break it up' so to speak. I don't want to fall into the trap of seeing the clock and wanting to eat... I want to re-learn what hungry feels like... I want to gain control of me. I want to break that calling of sugar over me... (Heck, saving money on food would sure be nice too)
    That could've been me who said that. The clock has always been my problem, I grew up on the clock. Being woken up a certain time as a toddler (6 a.m. and 4 years old) to get dressed and walk myself in the pitch dark, ice cold winter to Kindergarten with a lunch box in my hand. Just cruel. My mother didn't have a drivers license and was too fat for proper winter clothing, so she never left the house (Germany). I dressed by the clock, I ate by the clock, I played by the clock, I took baths by the clock, etc...it sure is hard to break that after 40 years of life.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    "imho i wuoldnt go much past 2 days, u risk more muscle than fat being eaten away"

THAT...and bone mass...

Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    "imho i wuoldnt go much past 2 days, u risk more muscle than fat being eaten away"

THAT...and bone mass...
    I wasn't doing the fast to lose weight. I wanted to clear my system of food residues and booze. I feel I did that. I can now start with a 'clean slate' and test foods as I add them back. This is how I discovered I had grain intolerances when the medical community just wanted to push pills for the symptoms instead of looking for the cause!

For someone only wanting weight loss, I think Fast-5 or IF would be a better choice.
    Last edited by Nady; 03-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.

never mind~ I found out
    Last edited by Nady; 03-25-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Morning all~ Day 7. Well, I really tried yesterday~ still had no hunger/appetite but ate a few things, hoping to at least trigger limbic hunger. No such luck. I guess my body isn't done with this fast yet I'm kind of bummed~ I have a beautiful rack of beef back ribs (cut from the rib roast) just waiting to be roasted, I was really looking forward to eating them tonight.

So, here's the dilemma~ do I bow to CW (OMG you're starving yourself) and force myself to eat, or do I follow my instincts/experience and listen to my body? The patch of eczema on hand my is better today, maybe that's the measure of healing~ when it's gone, my fast will end?
    Last edited by Nady; 03-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I would say listen to your body, but after 7 days I think id try to eat something. Hard to say really.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I did fast for about 22 hours on Friday. I was amazed at how good I felt, although I did start to get a headache and a little cranky at about 17-18 hours. But the fact that I could go that long without food was incredible to me. And it did knock out that cold (yay)!

primal-dan is offline Member
    Cool thread, count me in. Longest I've gone before was 36 hours and had no problems with energy. I'm going to try a "failed hunt" approach.

Mon - Thu: Prepare with a low cal Keto diet, start fast on Thu 8 PM.
    Fri - Failed hunt day. Wait until I feel hungry then go trail running for a few hours until I am drained.
    Sat - Successful hunt day! More trail running in the morning, finish with hard intervals, feast on the last of my grass fed beef until sated.

This is going to be fun. I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday which will double as my "tribal celebration of a successful hunt" :-)

primal-dan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday was big carb day and I started a week long keto diet this morning, so this is just a twist.

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast