Thread: A comment on red meat page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

A comment on red meat

I know it's been done to death but I just wanted to say that since I've started eating red meat every day, as well as cutting out grains, i may not yet feel the purported boundless energy (though I've not given up hope!) but my skin is looking much clearer, and as many even in CW circles would say skin is a reflection of health, particularly gut health
    I think I'll let how I look and feel be the indicator of how healthy I'm eating more than some vague study pining for a bogey man to blame
    Also I wonder what aspect of red meat it is that's most unhealthy, is it all the vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed? is it the fact that it's an excellent source of complete protein, that thing our eyes, hair, nails, cartilage, collagen, skin, muscles, parts of bones etc are made up of? Is it the saturated fat content which is actually been proven to be good for you? Is it the fact that it's easily absorbed? or the myth that it stays in your gut?
    Who knows
    (Sorry about this post, I had a half-argument with someone I live with about this and she annoyed the hell out of me haha)
    If man made it, don't eat it

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think what gives it the perception of being unhealthy is that CW folks get preoccupied with the fact that red meat came from something that once had a face, maybe even a cute little face. So it gives them the creeps to think about it, and if it gives them the creeps, then it must be bad for you, right? Personally, I think they should stop hugging trees, get in their electric cars and drive off into the warming ocean waters. More meat for me.