Thread: Wow, I totally messed myself up page

Wow, I totally messed myself up

I used to follow the primal (type of eating). I worked out hard with kettle bells, muscle confusion, you name it. I looked and felt great! For years I lived this lifestyle.....it came easily.

Then over a course of 6 months or so, after an event of family, financial crisis, low hypothyroid and stuff. My simple life became hectic and stress was on top of me like never before. So I had this brilliant plan (I thought then) to go on the "Master Cleanse" and whip out this body fat that found me......oh boy did I lose weight!! But I lost so much more and really messed up my body!! My muscle mass was eattin away and I suddenly had saggy yucky old lady arms ...ick!! Needless to say, I gained back all that weight too and my skin and body had lost it's beautiful muscle mass and now I am Miss Frumpy.. . I lost my primal ways and instinct and so here I am...trying to start over again of a life that is in many ways, new to me....(house, family, home, money, etc...)

Today, I have been working all day on my ass...my feet feel swollen and firm. Yea, I am going to get my butt downstairs and pick up my dusty kettle balls and throw them around forsure because I know I need too. Add a few hard core lunges, grab my kettles and hike them up and down my stairs, jump rope, , stomachs, ballistic ball and ok, so good for me, right? But geeze, hard to feel so excited about this when I realize, it's ground zero again....that's what is beating me up now and I hate it!

Trust me I do care and I do want to look good in my bathing suit this year. I hid behind close doors for the last few years and I hated every minute of it. While the world seem to be enjoying life I was fearful of showing my skin considering I had nothing to wear nor would I buy fat clothes...NOT ME!

I need to lose at least 15 or 20 pounds...but for me, that's a closet full of clothes I that are screaming at me to pick up again.....I have tried fad diets in the worst of many of ways and today I realize, I got to do this slow and the right way......it's a life time thing..and I know this even more now....

I really hope I can get those "sweet" tight arms again. I am concern I really messed myself up now...

I want to be happy about who I am and what I see...I need this and I just can't take another failed attempt and I don't want to hurt my body ever again, either.

So here I am and time to scoot...gotta get to those kettle bells and do this the primal way!!

Thanks for reading.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    At least you know how you got there and how to get back! Everything that's worth doing requires work, and it's hard - but doable. Cheering for you!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back. You can do it - one primal meal and workout at a time!!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Thanks....im on track. Well nor perfect.. still nibbling. Tiny bites and each day I say I wont nipple on a chip or bite into a cookie. I am trying. Hope tomorrow I find that willpower all day. I find myself craving carbs...the bad ones.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! stay positive
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The only place you can begin is at the beginning. Good luck to you!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

The prodigal sister returns. Welcome back to the cave life, now go forth and primalize.

Well, it's workin...I mean I haven't been 100% primal. I already confessed that above.

I am working out each day even though my mind and body have wanted to be a little lazy. I feel a lot better when I do it regardless and that's motivating me...

The only drag is I want to fix my hunger and haven't found that "really good" thing to tie me over...Yesterday I ate eggs/veggies for breakfast, snacked on turkey meat/slice of cheese, tuna salad, small apple, spaghetti meat over salad, few table spoons of hemp seed and then nippled on those chocolate chip cookies...prob. ate 2. I read they each contain about 8 carbs but even so, it's the sugar and I just know better...but shoot I caved in.

I just wish they had meat cookies or something out there...Well, today is a new day and going to keep at this thing. I have noticed that my waist feels a tad bit slimmer..I got a bit of ways to go but I am staying on track. I just need to find some good food combo's so I can reach for them when I feel like nippling. I like to nipple. Some of it is stress and yea, I try to reach for water when I feel it.

I work at home and there are moments my business can be very stressful but I am working on solutions to fix that. Like walk away from my desk and drinkinh water, go outside and grab some fresh air, make sure I exercise, etc...

anyways, thanks for the support here. I'm also working out my arms too and trying to gain that muscle back..

Yhe protein part of this diet and dropping the water feels the best. I really like to be in shorts running around this summer and feel good, tight, etc........that's my goal!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Hiya - i know your pain/joy of working at home and I guess we have a bit of a step up from the others who have to go and work in the office. Take time to make some snacks like meatballs and have them in the fridge for when you feel like a snack. Perfect with some hot sauce or even just on their own - very easy to make too! If you make them in advance and have them in the fridge you'll be less tempted to have other stuff. I also sometimes serve them crumbled over a salad with some grilled onions, tomato and even a slice of cheese for a "burger" salad.

If you want something sweet ,some paleo pancakes (i have a recipe on my website: Paleo Banana & Blueberry Pancakes they are great as a cold snack and are 100% paleo

Good luck!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hiya - i know your pain/joy of working at home and I guess we have a bit of a step up from the others who have to go and work in the office. Take time to make some snacks like meatballs and have them in the fridge for when you feel like a snack. Perfect with some hot sauce or even just on their own - very easy to make too! If you make them in advance and have them in the fridge you'll be less tempted to have other stuff. I also sometimes serve them crumbled over a salad with some grilled onions, tomato and even a slice of cheese for a "burger" salad.

If you want something sweet ,some paleo pancakes (i have a recipe on my website: Paleo Banana & Blueberry Pancakes they are great as a cold snack and are 100% paleo

Good luck!