1. In the context of a healthy diet, carbohydrates are...? Fine for those who tolerate them in great amounts. Vary seasonally.
2. In the context of a healthy diet, protein is...? Necessary. A day or two fasting makes sense, but most days a pound of protein will be just breaking even. I lost more weight and gained more strength when I scooted up to a pound of meat a day.
3. In the context of a healthy diet, fats are...? Best taken in saturated form, with just a little omega 3 and omega 6. Fine for up to 75% of total caloric intake.
4. Is there an ideal macro-nutrient ratio for human beings? Varies by genetic population, medical history, age and goals. I do believe fat should outweigh carbohydrate.
5. In the context of weight loss, calories are...? Units of energy.
6. Grains are...? Best avoided in general. We do not need them.
7. Nuts are...? Occasional snack or meal. Maybe once a week. Inflammatory and can cause weight gain, but also good source of many vitamins and minerals.
8. Fruit is...? Not necessary, fine in moderation and best taken seasonally.
9. Dairy is...? Absolutely not necessary and probably why half the people here can't seem to lose weight.
10. Coffee is...? Fine taken black.
11. Alcohol is...? Poison. Avoid at all costs. Eat a grape instead.
12. Supplementing with vitamins and so on is...? Fine if your food sucks.
13. Exercise is...? Really fun, important to muscle growth and immune strength, and keeps the ants out of your pants.
14. How many hours of sleep is optimal for you? 10 per day
15. How many meals do you eat a day? One
16. Fasting is...? Daily IF for me, rarely do I skip a whole day. 3 to 5 hour eating window.
Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.