Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee makes me tired page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

Coffee makes me tired

Primal Fuel
    Coffee makes me tired. I understand it works by stimulating your adrenal glands is that right?
    If so could this mean I have adrenal fatigue? Or is that a made up thing?
    I am incredibly tired all the time, I've yet to crack this diet, fatigue and better skin are my two main aims
    Could adrenal fatigue be holding me back?
    If man made it, don't eat it

Comma is offline Senior Member
    No, it's just this diet. Honestly, I haven't been properly awake since I started. I don't think this works for me. :P

evertastica is offline Member
    There are all types of revelations out there about coffee and all sorts of research on adrenal fatigue. I'd do a little more searching and compare your symptoms.

Honestly, if you think its the coffee drop it for a few weeks/months. See how you feel (after initial withdraw).
    Being tired all the time can be any number of things.
    Maybe try a whole30? Follow a strict, clean plan and maybe its what you need to reboost yourself.
    Good luck!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    No, it's just this diet. Honestly, I haven't been properly awake since I started. I don't think this works for me. :P
    It's a template, adjust as necessary until you feel good. Understand that the beginning your body is in shock to the chagne.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

asourceofhappiness is offline Junior Member
    i think adrenal fatigue would be the wrong word here, more like glucose exhaustion. sounds like you need some more carbs, your serotonin is down so your depressed which means your melatonin production is down so your not sleeping well. the brain and body runs on glucose unless your in ketosis in which case you have bigger problems than fatigue to worry about. btw i support paleo living and am not against a primal diet but i think some people take it to far with the low carb idea. try to include some more healthy carbs i personally recommend fruit.

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    I eat a sweet potato and an apple every day, as well as sprouts and spinach and the occasional seaweed
    My main concern here is the coffee making me feel tired, not perking me up like it's supposed to
    I spent a good many years very stressed and eating poorly so im worried i've messed up my adrenal system or whatever it is
    If man made it, don't eat it

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    I eat a sweet potato and an apple every day, as well as sprouts and spinach and the occasional seaweed
    My main concern here is the coffee making me feel tired, not perking me up like it's supposed to
    I spent a good many years very stressed and eating poorly so im worried i've messed up my adrenal system or whatever it is
    Sad to say the coffee could be making it worse. I have an adrenal condition but can't give it up yet. I agree with evertastica that you may just need to cut it out for at least 30 days to see. I did and felt much better--replaced it with herbal tea. But now I've backslid into drinking it again. And I feel more tired. Sigh. Makes me want a coffee. . . .

evertastica is offline Member
    My situtation is a bit different from yours but may help. I was experiencing hairloss, mood swings, afternoon crashing so I gave up coffee last weekend. I noticed some hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue symptoms and was suspicious of stress/cortisol and all that science stuff that is floating around about coffee and possible effects of low carb lifestyles. After a week I have noticed some improvements. Also eating more starches has helped. Moving my average carb intake from 30-75g to 100-150g.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I just today read a post by Chris Kresser suggesting the people with wheat intolerance (which is apparently a LOT of us) will often react to coffee and a number of other food items as well. Do you have an known issue with wheat?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I just today read a post by Chris Kresser suggesting the people with wheat intolerance (which is apparently a LOT of us) will often react to coffee and a number of other food items as well. Do you have an known issue with wheat?
    Im coeliac and havent eaten wheat, or other glutens for over 20 years, but coffee still makes me tired, so Im not sure that wheat could be the problem here. But as has been said before, everyone is different. Be so much easier if everyone reacted the same way to everything! lol
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast