Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat for BREAKFAST today? page 51

Frank is offline Junior Member
    Mmmmm, thanks all for some alternatives to add to my breakfast regiment!

In the past I usually cycled through greek yogurt/berries/nuts, eggs/meat/veggies, or home-made power bars through the work week and always looking for variety. Another addition I've added was finally finding a tweak for the coconut pancakes, a thinner version like a crepe, to be used as a wrap. It's so versatile with a number of herbs or spices that'll work in the batter, to compliment what ever I have on hand for the week to fill it and what I love most about it is the portability.

Those Larabars sound good to try also.

Bukawww is offline Senior Member
    5-6 deviled egg halves, a pc of breakfast sausage, 40 oz of water

Planning on finishing up my Groentesoep and having a BAS w/HB egg for lunch. Garlic broiled Tilapia drenched in butter with a heaping pile of broccoli/cauliflower fauxtatoes (butter, cream, s/p, maybe some creamcheese too) for dinner. I'm excited about my menu for the day

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    A couple of strips of bacon, eggs scrambled with butter, double cream and cheese, and a dollop of tomato purée on the side.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Adapted Nutty Kitchen's recipe for canned mackerel, and had with 1/2 plantain fried in coconut oil.

http://nuttykitchen.com/2010/09/13/d...azed-sea-bass/

Sauteed ginger, garlic and Thai red chillies in coconut oil to soften.
    Added water, splash fish sauce, coconut vinegar and tamarind paste that I picked up from Asian store.
    Mixed to get saucy, added fish to heat.

Really good! This will be a new regular for me. Have to agree with Josephine's comment on her blog: "We thought it appropriate and important to share this most amazing dish. Lately, we’ve been making dishes that make us laugh at the dinner table, because they taste so ridiculously delicious!"

gini is offline Senior Member
    Had a couple of slices of FlyNavyWife's gluten free banana bread with butter.

kojo147 is offline Junior Member
    Ready for this, 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with a couple of tablespoons of coconut butter mixed in, a bowl of frozen raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries with a lot (like over a cup) of coconut cream and a small handful of macadamias and almonds toasted in butter plus a spoonful of coconut butter on top. Then, still feeling peckish, I made 2 more scrambled eggs with some sauteed onions, a few baby tomatoes, and a slice of bacon. I feel like there was more but I can't think of it. And this was regular sized compared to yesterday's breakfast! I just love eating!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    The one time I still have grains is breakfast. I used to have a very large bowl of McCann oatmeal, and that's been the hardest thing to give up. I've cut it down to 1/4 cup of oatmeal (so that's about 2 tbs of raw grain...I cook up a batch at the beginning of the week and leave it in the fridge.) I add an egg or two and some water, and microwave it till set. I top it with some flaxseed, some cream, and frozen raspberries. Just not quite ready to kiss goodbye to this last shred of oatmeal!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Bane is offline Senior Member
    BUMP!

(fasting today, black coffee goodness for breakfast)

Actually, I'm having the same for lunch, too!

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had... nothing.

Is this a pointless response?
    Or is it a response making a point?
    Answers on a primal postcard.

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast