Thread: Would this almond butter be good to eat everyday? page

Would this almond butter be good to eat everyday?

Primal Fuel
    Justins Maple Almond Butter.

Ingredients: Dry Roasted Almonds, Maple Sugar, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Sea Salt.

I'm highly active so a little bit more sugar a day isnt a problem there is only 5 carbs per serving anyway so not to much more sugar than almond butter without maple sugar in it and it tastes fantastic. though i was wondering about palm fruit oil. Is that the same as palm oil, and thus safe to use, or something different?

activia is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a huge fan of nut consumption on a regular basis due to the omega6 and lectins (which can be negated by soaking), and its easy to eat a lot of nuts when in the form of "butter" or "flour".
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I think the palm oil is the same, but you should be more concerned about the high heats used to heat the almonds to dry roast them.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No nut butter is good to eat every day.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I only eat a serving a day and rarely if ever go beyond that. I love almond butter on hardboiled eggs.

Why should i be worried about the fact that they are roasted? does heat rbing out the nasty in almonds? If so why do people cook with almond flour like its not problem?

activia is offline Senior Member
    Generally the fats contained are nuts is easily oxidized under high heats. Which is why some of us don't use almond flour to cook with. Not everyone agrees on this fact.. but its clear that nuts are pretty high in O6.

How about some homemade mayo or vinegar on your hard boiled eggs? Maybe just change it up and not eating it everyday. It seems like you are being fairly sensible with it.. but its not a bad idea to experiment with some different ways to due up your eggs.. Not that having a little nut butter every once in awhile is going to be that detrimental.. If its one of the few things that keeps you on track, its much better to eat that then a devil dog.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    No nut butter is good to eat every day.
    Exactly.

If you're going to use nut butters, the best IMO are macadamia, hazelnut and cashew butter. In that order. Reasoning: lowest concentration of omega 6.

Simply put one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil in a blender along with 16oz of nuts. First, start with 4oz of nuts and the tablespoon of coconut oil to get the puree started. Once it's pureed, add another 4 oz and puree. Then add the rest. Store in the fridge - you should store all nut products in the fridge and remove 30-60 minutes before use so they warm up and become fluid.

In addition, buy RAW nuts, not roasted nuts. Heat damages nuts.

Even with these nuts, I wouldn't eat more than 2-3 servings a week. For almond butter, I wouldn't eat it more than once a week. Ideal nut consumption is zero nut consumption, but if you're going to have a vice, it's better than just about anything on the SAD. If you're going to indulge, indulge smartly and use better nuts than almonds IMO.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You can also try tomato paste or eggplant caviar as a substitute for almond butter on your eggs. Liver pate is another possibility.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Almond butter on hardboiled eggs is interesting. I've never heard of that combination.

I also think it's bizarre that Americans eat eggs with ketchup. That sounds super gross....

Anyway, you could also try eggs with salt, vinegar, or temari soy sauce.