Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who all feels depressed eating like this? page

Comma is offline Senior Member

Who all feels depressed eating like this?

Primal Fuel
    I have been only doing this for two weeks, but I feel so depressed, I'm not sure what's going on and whether I can do this. I do not think it is carb flu. I haven't had any other carb flu symptoms (headaches) for a while, besides of being a bit tired and always sad. No cravings, no hunger. Blood sugar is well regulated, but since starting this I have felt mostly depressed, with one weird euphoric day where I was all jittery. I upped my carbs today with a piece of toast with honey because I have to keep it together for the kids. Not sure that will make a difference. Anyway, I just wanted to know:

Does anybody else feel persistently depressed on Paleo?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I did for years till I switched to intermittent fasting and started carb cycling- some days I eat up to 2,000 calories and others 1,000 or less & no carbs, just vegetables, butter and a little protein.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to add in more carbs and get some extra vitamin D and get some sunshine.

I get plenty of light. I was definitely not depressed before Paleo. I did somehting called Good Mood Diet and was just so happy every day. I really miss that. :P

activia is offline Senior Member
    This is a low carb symptom. I had this too even after months of eating low carb. I would up your carbs, but not with toast, use good healthy carbs (sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin, fruit, root veggies). Have some higher carb days and some lower carb days. I'm happy all the time now. I eat between 75-100 most days, and one or two days a week even higher and occasionally lower.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

activia is offline Senior Member
    You could also be dealing with the fact that you are feeling deprived of the old foods you loved. This can be handled by finding primal foods that you love, try new recipes!! Keep experimenting and make sure you indulge a little in primal stuff that you love. I can tell you over time you no longer will crave these old foods and feel this way about them.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

I don't feel deprived one bit, I love the new foods much more than the old! That's the only reason I'm still sticking for this, in fact.

OlyDogo is offline Junior Member
    I been on it for almost a month and couldn’t be any happier ---energy off the roof--- my walks are the highlight of my days--- not only do I get to exercise I also get to meditate and do a little soul searching and strengthening my character--- I do not see myself ever going back to that cluster mess of a lifestyle I was living before---
    "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I feel very much up and down. There are days when I am just sad and hopeless, and then I feel really good. I don't think I feel deprived per se, but when I feel sad, I start poking the wound of not being able to eat fruit & make myself feel more unhappy because of it. I don't think for me it is starch or carb, it is sugar. Once I was sugar-free for a few weeks, my mood was very even. Then I had a big crash and ate fruit and honey, and now I am trying to clean up again, and keep getting the 'spells'. I figure another week or two of staying off sugars and sweeteners should do it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I will up the carbs. Thank you so much for the advise.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast