Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick, easy, HOT breaky page

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member

Quick, easy, HOT breaky

OK, so I saw an acupuncturist today - I've been primalling a few months, no results with weight, have thyroid issues, I thought perhaps some traditional chinese acupuncture may help. Anyway, the guy told me I should start eating breakfast, and I should eat hot food rather than cold/raw food. I figure, what they hey, I'll give this a go, why go consult someone then ignore what they say? I know that breakfast isn't necessary (my daily IF till lunch has shown me this), but I am happy to trial his advice for a month or so.

My problem is, since I've been IF, I have gotten used to getting out the door quickly in the morning, and also my old breakfast isn't really suitable anymore. I can think of cold foods - e.g. yoghurt or smoothies, that are fast, but not hot.

I made a batch of mini sweet potato, ricotta and spinach quiches today, which I can defrost overnight and have warmed up each morning...but, well, they're not the greatest.

So - can anyone help me out with a fast, hot paleo breaky? Preferably not dripping in fat as I am trying to keep my calories at a weight loss level.

Cheers,
    Lucy

lordgrover is offline Member
    Sorry, no help on the recipe front, but your final comment is odd.
    Maybe it might help if you reread PB? Fat is important, maybe even vital to losing fat following PB.

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgrover View Post
    Sorry, no help on the recipe front, but your final comment is odd.
    Maybe it might help if you reread PB? Fat is important, maybe even vital to losing fat following PB.
    Fat is important for good health, but calories still do add up.

Anyways, I'd say just try a hot smoothie. One day I was mixing up a fruit smoothie with some protein powder, I had been having problems getting the whey powder to mix smoothly, so I tried hot water instead of cold.
    It was pretty darn good!
    I mean, fruit is often served hot, in cobblers and pies and stuff, why not a hot fruit smoothie?
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    If it's not too fatty for you, try hot coconut milk (maybe mix it with some fruit, or spice it)

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    It takes only a few minutes to scramble up a few eggs and down 'em. V quick and easy to make and eat. You can vary the taste by adding different herbs or other little additions now and then (can prepare them the night before if you're cutting it fine with time in the mornings).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I would do a hot coffee and coconut shake - like a latte. Coconut milk does have a lot of fat though, so that may not be something you would want to try.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am kind of tempted to try Merlyn Monroe's breakfast: steamed milk with a couple of eggs slipped into it.
    You can try a mug of hot broth with some seaweed if you think you might like the taste, or lightly browned ground meat, like turkey & some spinach with broth.
    Any baked root veggie, not just sweet potato whipped in a magic bullet or similar 1 serving blender with egg whites bakes into a great souffle really quick in the micro, or it can be chopped, broiled in a skillet and poured over with egg white for a quick hash.
    Crab meat with eggs make a wonderful quickie souffle as well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Regarding the fat comments, I know they're healthy and I do eat a little coconut oil, but the book also
    says calories count, and if I stuck to my 1200 calories a day eating just fats, I'd have very little to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    Anyways, I'd say just try a hot smoothie. One day I was mixing up a fruit smoothie with some protein powder, I had been having problems getting the whey powder to mix smoothly, so I tried hot water instead of cold.
    It was pretty darn good!
    I mean, fruit is often served hot, in cobblers and pies and stuff, why not a hot fruit smoothie?
    I like the sound of this!
    Thanks for all the tips.
    I do scrambled eggs sometimes, but also like them for dinner and didn't want to over-do it.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Calories count, yes, but 1200 calories seems too low for me. If you don't eat enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and you won't loose any weight at all!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like cubed sweet potatoes stewed in coconut milk with cinnamon and nutmeg sometimes. But my favorite hot breakfast is reheated homemade soup. It is fast, nutritious (made from scratch) and warm.

I also sometimes eat ground beef (only takes a couple minutes) over lettuce.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast