Thread: Hello from the Great White North page

Primal Joyce is offline Junior Member

Hello from the Great White North

Primal Fuel
    Ok, well the white stuff has almost melted, and we had our first thunderstorm of the year tonight, so spring is definitely in the air.

My husband and I have been Primal for only a week and are still learning the ropes. I bought the Primal Blueprint book on impulse just before we left on vacation to Punta Cana. I read the whole thing and talked it over with my husband and we decided to go primal together. The blueprint just made so much sense to me. We have always eaten quite healthy - lots of fresh veggies and fruit, easy on the fast food, but I could never lose weight without killing myself with workouts. I could never figure out what I was doing wrong, and I was EXTREMELY frustrated. And tired of being tired all the time.

So the day after we got home from vacation, even though we had not had a chance to grocery shop, I went Primal. I had an apple and a handful of granola and black coffee for my first primal breakfast, being the only food in the house that was quick and NOT bread or bagels or cereal.

I have been drooling over the delicious recipes and have tried a few already. I whipped up a spicy sun-dried tomato dipping sauce the other night that was a perfect match for coconut-crusted chicken strips.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the site and on the forums and I am looking forward to getting to know the community here.
    "And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!"

Siouxzee is offline Member
    Hi Joyce, I'm in Waterloo, we had severe thunderstorms this morning - it was crazy!

I started Tuesday, but have done low-carb before and found it the ONLY way I can lose weight.

I am still trying to figure out what exactly is allowed. I am used to NO fruit on other low-carb diets, so looking over the food lists. I'm already a carnivore, so that is easy, just have to stay away from alcohol and eating junky when I'm stressed.

Good luck!
    Sue
    From Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    New Member March 2012
    Height: 5'
    CW March 2012: 174lbs
    GW: 135lbs

My PB Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49705.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Primal Joyce is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Sue -

I understand about the stress eating. We actually transferred my Dad to a nursing home this week, so the stress levels were right up there. I was literally drooling when I walked past the Old Dutch Creamy Dill potato chips at the grocery store the other day. But I left them on the shelf and went home and had a small handful of pistachios instead.

I find breakfast is my biggest challenge so far, since we are so accustomed to wolfing down bread and cereal products for breakfast. This morning I made a little salad plate with greens, chopped tomato, avocado, and hard-boiled eggs. That was yummy.
    "And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!"