Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss cold butter page

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member

I miss cold butter

You know, like sweet cream butter smeared on bread. And here is the part I'd never expect to say... I really don't miss the bread at all - but I miss a carrier for the butter. I've been giving in to rice cakes just to have some sort of butter carrier that won't melt it (like cooked veggies). Any ideas?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I make piklets out of buckwheat flour, although I have them warm because I love melted butter - yum. You let them cool down though.

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    I know exactly what you mean.

Without having tried it myself, just brainstorming, maybe lettuce or baby spinach--wrap the butter in it, or put it on top of a leaf. Or endive.

I can also imagine a crock of chilled butter and chives, or fresh herbs, served with any kind of crudite. A little old-fashioned, kind of James Beard-ish, but could work.

Oooooo--how about par-boiled and room temp or chilled new potato quarters or thick slices?

And to think, in the name of consuming fewer calories, I didn't have butter on my shopping list this week...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There are couple of coconut flour muffin recipes floating around here that look like they might be good slathered with butter.

I love cold butter too. I like to smear it on a hunk of dark chocolate and eat it that way....yummy!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I've been known to nibble on it straight from the butter dish.

I also spread it on a Larabar once. YUM.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Pork rinds. The big ones. And I love to gross out cw types by telling them.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan of rice cakes for almond butter spreading, but I've also seen many gluten-free crackers in my grocery store. Even in non-health oriented grocery stores, you can find at least a couple selections.

Why don't you also look into gluten-free bread like rice flour bread?
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. My carb intake has been creeping up due to this recent insatiable craving for butter... I'm trying to get it back down by not eating a sleeve of rice cakes per day...

I may try it on raw veggies - for some reason cauliflower seems like it might work. Never would have thought to try chocolate - that would be a nice little fat bomb

Hedonist - What type of pork rinds do you buy? I tried some random brand in our regular grocery store and just couldn't eat them - which amazed me since bacon is something I could eat all day.

Gabel1234 is offline Junior Member
    Interesting thread. I'm learning lots!
    Last edited by Gabel1234; 03-16-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I put cold butter on cold bacon, or just eat it by itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast