Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canned Sardines in Olive Oil page

Canned Sardines in Olive Oil

Would canned sardines packed in olive oil be a great source of O-3? I just ate a can for the first time and I actually liked them. I thought they would have been really fishy tasting.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I eat a tonnnnn of sardines, think they are a GREAT food to stock.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they are very nutritious and cheap with it. Another plus point is that they are relatively low in toxins as they are not a top-feeding fish (cf tuna for example).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    they are a super food when you eat them with skin and bones. Just avoid the soybean oil ones. They taste so good because your body recognizes all of the awesome things in them I think.
    ad astra per aspera

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Another great thing is you're eating the whole animal....skin, bones, cartilage and all. I like mine straight or with spicy mustard...Mmmmmmm

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Another great thing is you're eating the whole animal....skin, bones, cartilage and all. I like mine straight or with spicy mustard...Mmmmmmm
    For sure those bones and thin skin slip down very easily.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

otzi Guest
    I have been eating 1-2 cans a day of either boneless, skinless or bone-in sardines in olive oil. HDL went from 23 to 49 in 6 months!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ok.. been thinking of trying these.. I see them, I just need to get up the guts to do it.hahah
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ok.. been thinking of trying these.. I see them, I just need to get up the guts to do it.hahah
    Me to. I had them once in my life. After a night of heavy drinking. I was as pickled as they were.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

PrimalSexyCat is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I tried sardines for the first time 2 months ago and I like them very much. I think they are less fishy tasting then tuna. I havent touched tuna since I started eating them. I think once you get past the look of them...yummmy! The first time I ate them I really did not look at the tin because of the whole mental thing that I am eating a fish with skin and bones. so far my favorite is the ones in olive oil!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast