Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm done page

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me great advice. Unfortunately I don't think this is for me. I just can't seem to get into a groove and am just too drained come mid-day.

I wish everyone here the best of everything. I will be lurking :^)

Steve

bcrank is offline Junior Member

hi steve i have same issues, please dont give in and leave. I ve been primal for 3 weeks . i def havent found my groove either. i def have less energy than pre-primal but i'm willing to stick it out because i think this is temporary until my body adjusts. don't quit stick it out and lets keep each other on point john

stryker902 is offline Junior Member

you dont have to give in just change things up a bit.

maybe you went to primal to fast, this happens. You have to kind of slide into it, make little changes be happy with that and when your ready make the next change.

Like, quit soda first, get used to drinking water, unsweet tea things like that. Than try and cut white bread and rice and so on.. it does not have to be all at once. It is a marathon to healthy living not a race. Good luck either way!!!

primal pete is offline Senior Member

I've quoted Mark before and I'll quote him again:

"don't let perfect be the enemy of good"

Stryker is right...any small positive change is good!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

+1 to stryker and pete.

Eliminate processed foods, or sugar, or grains, or part of a category (like just soda) or whatever. Adjust, then take another step.

There's more than one way to skin a sabre tooth tiger!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

allie Guest

"Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good" - I was really glad Mark acknowledged this. I used to stress about whether I was doing things perfectly and living up to the primal standard. Once I dropped the perfectionist mindset and realised that all I could do was my best... the stress went and things became a lot easier.

I'll also add that I think everyone can have their own interpretation/spin on the PB, so long as you follow some basic concepts (whole natural food sans processed carbs, unhealthy fats/vegetable oils and grains).

For example, I have a preference for leaner varieties of meat over the fattier cuts. I also eat some dairy (mainly plain yogurt).

I hope you find something for you. All the best.

Prowler Guest

The above posters are right. Just because you feel that the whole "primal" plan isn't for you doesn't mean you have to go back to eating sugar and other refined carbs, for one example. Unless that is the thing that you find you can't do without, in which case you have a real problem.

Also, if your carbohydrate intake is low enough you might be adjusting to ketosis. For some people that is a rough stretch, with low energy being a common complaint. It only lasts a couple of weeks, typically.

Thanks everyone. Maybe I should rephrase. I am giving up on being 100%. Yes, my wife and I did go Primal cold turkey but it was not that hard considering we already ate VERY clean having been doing multiple rounds of P90X and cut out all junk over a year ago. SInce my digestion has never been better since being Primal for about 75 days I think I am going to ease in some carbs BUT Gluten free carbs.

I do have the habit of "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good". When I do something it is all and it is hard to retrain your brain for something other than that.

I am not going any where. Maybe I will change my screen name to Semi-Primal :^)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Grok on!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Sounds to me like you're on a pretty good road, steve. Enjoy and stick around here, k?

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Thanks Barbey Girl. When I can't do something 100% it feels like a failure. I have to consider this an adjustment, not a failure. Am I still allowed to say "Grok on"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast