Thread: Please help, I'm in a tight position page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Please help, I'm in a tight position

Shop Now
    I'm a teenager on paleo. Before I started I was skinny (healthy skinny). And now I'm on paleo for a while and I think I lost a pound or 2. This was not my intention. However, I'm not feeling worse. As a matter of fact I stopped having heartburns. I used to have a heavy heartburn which lasted the entire night about twice a month but this just all stoppd since I went paleo . But apparantly, I lost face-fat. 1 teacher noticed that my face has become skinnier. And today another teacher had a conversation about with me. I never knew my face changed so much. But I'm worried that they might phone my parents or something and then everybody is going to think I've got anorexia or something.
    What am I supposed to do? I feel fine. Is it bad I might have lost some some fat?
    And if I should gain weight, how should I do this?

Thanks
    Last edited by Gadsie; 03-15-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    I can understand your teachers concern, with so much annorexia affecting teenage girls (and boys but less so). Im assuming your female?
    They are simply looking our for you. It was my face and neck that lost its fat first and many people commented even though at that stage I hadnt lost a single pound! Your body changes shape before there is any sign of that on the scales.
    They only need to see what you eat to know your eating plenty! Also, why would it be such a bad thing if they contacted your parents? I assume they know you've "gone Paleo?" If so, they know the amount of fatty meat you eat!
    I wouldnt worry. You feel better and thats the main thing!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    I can understand your teachers concern, with so much annorexia affecting teenage girls (and boys but less so). Im assuming your female?
    They are simply looking our for you. It was my face and neck that lost its fat first and many people commented even though at that stage I hadnt lost a single pound! Your body changes shape before there is any sign of that on the scales.
    They only need to see what you eat to know your eating plenty! Also, why would it be such a bad thing if they contacted your parents? I assume they know you've "gone Paleo?" If so, they know the amount of fatty meat you eat!
    I wouldnt worry. You feel better and thats the main thing!
    No I'm a guy

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    No I'm a guy
    My apologies for assuming wrong. The same applies though for male or female.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Yeah thanks

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    You mentioned on another thread that you want to build muscle, to do this you need to be eating plenty and as you are still developing/growing you need to be eating for that too.

Go to a website that has a calculator that works out your daily requirements for BMR plus activity levels.

Work out your protein requirements..about 1gm per pound of lean body weight, factor in your carb requirements 100 to 150gms (or more for gain or activity level if required) ...the remainder of your calories should come from fat.

Have you been tracking your food intake, do you know your current calorie intake or macronutrient breakdown?
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You're young and male - if you're even moderately active, your calorie requirement is probably quite high. Track your intake. Add (more) sweet potatoes, bananas, and other starchy, calorie dense foods. You probably need more carbs than us older, heavier folks.