Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starvation vs Eating non-paleo page

dottjt is offline Junior Member

Starvation vs Eating non-paleo

Shop Now
    Here's my query, what's worse for your body/i.e. What would you recommend?

1. Skipping a meal OR eating a non-paleo alternative? So for example instead of skipping breakfast, eating cereal.

2. Skipping Breakfast, Lunch or non-paleo? etc.

3. Skipping Breakfast, Lunch and dinner or non paleo? etc.

What's more important, energy with the potential of damaging your body, or perhaps the very sake of the body itself?

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Let me ask a question in response — are you joking?
    If you're not, search for "Intermittent Fasting" on the main site for your answer.

I am most certainly not.

I ask this because often when you go out there may not be paleo foods to eat for lunch, so is it better to just starve it out and wait till you get home to cook something healthier.

What's your perspective?

Or I may not have enough time to cook a steak for breakfast, so would it be wiser to buy a quick sandwhich for energy and suffer the negative consequences of the food? Or is it better to go without energy until you can get something paleo?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Concentrate on adapting to the lifestyle instead of finding reasons not to observe it. I rarely find myself in a position where there isn't acceptable food. I'll fast if I do

There is never an excuse for not having made provision for good food for yourself. If you don't have time to cook then make sure you have food that you can eat cold or reheat. Pretty basic
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I understand your position, however that's not the question I'm asking. I guess fasting looks like the option to take.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Starvation - this makes me laugh.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Hard boiled eggs are a something portable, quick to eat and which you can prepare in advance.

Once you've been eating in a Primal or Paleo way for a while you'll likely find that skipping a meal does not starve you. A lot of people do this very often (some every day). You may feel a few waves of hunger in that time, but they usually pass, especially if you keep busy and hydrated. Try it a few times and you might find it a lot easier than you think.

So I'd definitely recommend skipping a meal when you don't have time over staying in old eating habits.

The other option to a full fast, is to consume fat only until your first meal. If you like coffee, blending some grass fed, unsalted butter in coffee is worth trying (see Bulletproof Coffee)

scjohnson243 is offline Junior Member
    Dot,

If you are coming from a "regular" diet, this will be completely different. With "Old" diets I would always have that hungry feeling all the time - and skipping a meal was torture because I always seemed to WANT to eat. When you start with this one, you will realize your eating most of the time and not really hungry - I was just looking at another diet that is talking about eating 6x a day (the normal diet) and I just dont see how people do it. I had my omelet this morning and I brought a big hamburger patty for lunch, and its about 50/50 if I'll eat it or not because I just wont be hungry.

For the simple answer, Fasting is the way to go if you cant eat primal/paleo. But I think you will be surprised on how easy that is to do once you get going on this.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dottjt View Post
    Here's my query, what's worse for your body/i.e. What would you recommend?

1. Skipping a meal OR eating a non-paleo alternative? So for example instead of skipping breakfast, eating cereal.

2. Skipping Breakfast, Lunch or non-paleo? etc.

3. Skipping Breakfast, Lunch and dinner or non paleo? etc.

What's more important, energy with the potential of damaging your body, or perhaps the very sake of the body itself?
    I would say skipping would be better. It all depends though. Skipping meals is not necessarily starvation. Starvation mode kicks in if you've skipped many meals, sorry, I don't remember exactly how many meals though. Does that answer your question?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast