Thread: Yoghurt alternative page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

Yoghurt alternative

Shop Now
    Morning brothers and sisters

I'm cooking for someone very special tomorrow night and pasanda is on the menu, it's pretty much primal to start with but the recipe is calling for 5 tablespoons full fat greek style yoghurt. I wouldn't normally question it but I am 100% committed to my Whole 30 and don't want any exceptions. Would extra clarified butter do the job or is there something else I can throw in?

Thanks
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... full fat greek yogurt is pretty darn healthy. I'm thinking extra butter would work, plus something to give it the tangy taste normally found in yogurt, like lemon juice.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Indeed it is, but no dairy being consumed so I guess it's ruled out! The recipe already has 3 tablespoons clarified butter included so I don't want overkill, I guess th ebest thing to do is make it and see. I can always make a seperate portion for myself without it I suppose.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Could you not use coconut milk instead of the yogurt?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Ahhhhh yes, can't believe I didn't think about that, thanks!

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Ahhhhh yes, can't believe I didn't think about that, thanks!
    If in doubt, use coconut milk! I use it for everything. Drink it hot, drink it cold, cook with it, even use it as a face mask! LOL
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!