Thread: Sushi maniac page

Chrisf12 is offline Member

Sushi maniac

Primal Fuel
    Hey all

Loce the primal diet - anyhow, anyone like sushi like me ? I love it. Thoughts on imitation crab and soyY paper for handrolls

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I once checked out the nutrition facts on imitation crab, it has more carbs than protein! And the ingredient list was PHENOMENALLY long.

Shell out the little extra for rolls with real crab. The taste is way better too! I've never heard of soy paper, I've always been familiar with hand-rolls being wrapped in dark nori sheets. Regardless, soy really should be avoided. It's okay to have it once in a blue moon, but do try to limit intake.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

SGRhapsodos is offline Junior Member
    Mmmmm sushi!!!! I just ask the guys at the restaurant to make me my rolls without rice (they call them atkins rolls or sashimi rolls). I can't eat imitation crab b/c one of the ingredients is gluten. I don't eat the soy sauce either. I ask for spicy mayo ( I don't really sweat it if it's made of soybean oil) and I order an extra order of sashimi, edamame, and seaweed salad.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    I once checked out the nutrition facts on imitation crab, it has more carbs than protein! And the ingredient list was PHENOMENALLY long.

Shell out the little extra for rolls with real crab. The taste is way better too! I've never heard of soy paper, I've always been familiar with hand-rolls being wrapped in dark nori sheets. Regardless, soy really should be avoided. It's okay to have it once in a blue moon, but do try to limit intake.
    whenever i shell out for the real crab it's always hella bland :C

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Nigiri or sashimi is where it's at. Try the saba, any kind of roe and uni. California rolls are for suckers.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

I also avoid the fake crabmeat. But when I do sushi I will make it a splurge for the small amount of white rice with the rolls/ngiri, and use some organic tamari when at home. Emphasis should be on the fish anyway, so more sashimi is a good idea.

+1 on saba, roe, and uni.

Also, if your sushi joint offers seaweed salad, make sure it's not sickly sweet, you'll negate the benefits of good seaweed. But MOST DEFINITELY get grilled hamachi kama if they offer, fatty goodness of the gods. When I take that home, the cat and dog vulture me mercilessly.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I'll cut a bitch for dragon rolls. Even though it has battered prawn in the middle, it's only 1 and I don't sweat the small stuff. I haven't had any in forever, because the rice is like a glucose bomb. I hadn't thought about asking if they'd be willing to make it without the rice.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All you can eat unagi and hamachi handrolls...mmmmmmm : ))))))