Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here eats one meal a day? page

Tealia is offline Senior Member

Cool Who here eats one meal a day?

Shop Now
    I have been eating two meals a day, but I feel a change coming on.

Before I followed a pretty basic 8-hour window intermittent fasting schedule.
    After a while, I ended up shortening it to 5 hours.

Then, for the last few days, I eat, then get hungry again 3-3.5 hours later, eat my second meal, then my body is completely good for the rest of the day.
    It was really surprising, at first, I thought my body was craving a cheat when it started sending hunger signals at the 3-3.5 hour mark, but the hunger stayed away after I met my daily calories with that quick turnaround 2nd meal. (which is currently at a small deficit for weight loss)

Anyone here actually eat ONLY one meal a day or very similar? Because I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up naturally evolving to that state.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    I do. I eat one meal a day, usually midmorning, and I make that meal count; lasts me the through the day and my workout, go to bed, wake up, rinse and repeat. I work better one one meal a day than two I've discovered; it's also made it easier for me to not worry so much about balance. I found it really difficult to get a balance down between multiple meals but now I'm good.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I fast completely on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I eat a dinner on the other days. Rarely, I'll have a light lunch on eating days, but that is becoming less and less frequent. I am not trying to eat this way on the eating days, I am just not excessively hungry.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    I fast completely on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I eat a dinner on the other days. Rarely, I'll have a light lunch on eating days, but that is becoming less and less frequent. I am not trying to eat this way on the eating days, I am just not excessively hungry.
    THAT is pro-level fasting!
    I have done a 24 hour fast a few months ago, didn't quite agree with me at the time, but I should try it again sometime now that I'm slowing adapting better.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing 24 hour fasts lately, which usually ends up in eating one huge meal around dinnertime (sometimes lunch). I've noticed that if I try to stuff myself and eat a whole day's worth of food, i have a huge stomacheache that lasts for hours. My new approach is to eat a meal that's closer to a normal sized (as in 3 a day) meal, which is working much better. Eating once a day feels really good, but I don't do it everyday. My philosophy is that it's not good to do anything every day, as humans we seem to respond better to life in general when we mix it up.

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    My entire adolescence I fought with my parents about eating first thing in the morning. I was never hungry before 11am and if I was forced to eat breakfast two hours later I would be ravenous and my stomach would be growling loud enough to hear on the other side of the class room.
    Generally I have a cup of coffee once I get to work and don't eat again until I get home and then a snack a little later. It works for me, even before I ever heard about Primal I ate this way. On weekends I will eat a late brunch with my husband and then a late dinner around 8 or 9pm.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I'm trying to do it with more regularity. I was tempted to fast for another 24 hours, to see how that went. But, I had to save it for tomorrow, and possibly Friday.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    sometimes I do, but generally twice a day. Never after about 4 pm, well rarely anyway.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I would like to do a 24hr fast, but it's limited. If I fast through lunch, I'll be heavily judged by the "grain is healthy, eat often" office. I can't fast through weekends because I'm always with friends somewhere. Grr

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I would like to do a 24hr fast, but it's limited. If I fast through lunch, I'll be heavily judged by the "grain is healthy, eat often" office. I can't fast through weekends because I'm always with friends somewhere. Grr
    I hate fibbing, but I have to do it, sometimes (in a roundabout sort of way), saying I already ate. Because, technically, I already did - the day before.. But they don't need to know that last bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast