Thread: Two weeks primal, feeling great. page

ChrisJ is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hi, I'm Chris

I've been meaning to make a change in my diet and living patterns for some time now, and had read plenty on PB and related ideas. Two weeks ago I went straight in at the deep end - the only way I could stick to it, and cut nearly all grains and sugars from my diet. Made up the calories with more vegetables, more meat, and some dairy (creme fraiche with blueberries - the only fruit I've been eating. I also enjoy a daily glass of whole, unhomogenised milk.)

My energy levels have been much higher, I sleep better at night, and I've lost a little body fat, though I never had much to start with. I'd like to think that my concentration will improve, but I'm reserving judgement on that.

I've seen that a lot of folk here keep a blog and I'm considering doing the same to record my progress, and also share a few other things that I think about. What do people think? Does it help to keep you on track in the early months of a primal lifestyle?

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

It definitely helps, Chris!

And everyone is super supportive so if things are going wrong they can cheer you up and give you advice on what you're doing wrong.

So definitely start a journal!

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

jrherring is offline Senior Member

I do it for accountability. Otherwise, I find I slip. Plus this forum is a great 'rule keeper' for me. When I get bored and get the munchies at work, instead of heading to the vending machine, I'll hop on here and do some reading...

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

anniegebel Guest

I like the journals for a few reasons...it helps me get to know others, what they're eating and gives me ideas. Also journaling helps me keep accountable and keep track so in the future if I get stuck and I can look back and clearly see what I was doing when things were working really well.

It's different for everyone, though...so feel it out and see what works for you!

ChrisJ is offline Member

just melted my carpet in an attempt to remove candle wax. Fuck you, internet, and your recommendations of paper and hot iron. And fuck you, plastic carpet.

At least I'm now feeling better after my unplanned pizza death binge last night. No more pizza for this Grok.

Had a delicious dinner tonight. Fried some beef with red onion, garlic and tomatoes, stuffed it inside bell peppers and roasted them. adapted from recipe I saw on here, except I have no crock pot, yet, I mean to buy one soon. After I pay for a new carpet. fuck.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

ChrisJ is offline Member

Thank you all who are encouraging me to post a journal, I really think I will. After venting my anger, I am feeling a little calmer, so here's an update on my Primal life.

I've now been primal for about 23 days, and I'm still feeling great. I eat lots of eggs, and meat, and veg. I also consume a lot of dairy, which I know is frowned upon, but my tolerance for lactose seems to be awesome, and I like the taste. Lots of calories too, which I need as I'm trying to gain weight.

I dropped a couple of pounds when I started PB, I think there was fat loss, also water loss. Weight is coming back and I think i'm now just above where I was when I started: approx 140 lbs. I'm aiming for 165 lbs

I am currently involved in a rather awesome race. I have a good friend who is overweight, he's about 230 lbs and is trying to drop 36 to 196 lbs before I can gain my 25ish. The competitiveness between us has always driven us to succeed, so this can only be good for both of us. Anyone else want to race me, pound for pound?

My fresh start in London