Thread: Summer clothes change out! page

Tigger is offline Member

Summer clothes change out!

Primal Fuel
    I just had an amazing success! I've been working on my health since the usual January 1st, starting with Taubes' GCBC. After a few other books, I found PB, just in time for Lent. So far I'm down 15 in about 2 months. Here in Missouri the temps are hitting the 80's all week, so my kids wanted the summer clothes boxes hauled out a little early. Since my box was out too, I tried on a few things, even though I didn't think the numbers on the scale had moved enough to make the clothes comfortable. HOWEVER . . . THEY FIT!! The baby roll area is still a little tight, but the buttons don't pull across the bustline, the zippers zip without doing weird contortions, and the sleeves don't feel like tourniquets. Time to set the next goal of another 15 by Memorial Day.

And like so many others have said, the FEELING of health is even better. I sleep soundly. I have stopped taking my estrogen cream. I have no heartburn, no rapid heartbeat, no gas, no acne, no swollen feet, no aching knees, no joint stiffness (Boy, I really sound like I was a mess!). Once I have me firmly on the straight and narrow, I'm going to push a bit harder with my family. Could make for a very good summer, or a very l-o-n-g one.

Wishing equal success to everyone else on their Primal journey!

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    That's great! And no, you don't sound like a mess. When I rattle off all my pre-primal ills it's pretty overwhelming really. And blows my mind how some really simple changes can make such a big difference overall.

So glad you're feeling great!
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling!

I was at my local Costco and noticed capri pants on a nice sale. I used to shop at plus sized womens' stores, at my max, a size 18 was really snug.
    Buying the capris, I had no idea what pant size I was (my current jeans MUST be held up by a tight belt). I'd never worn a 12 in recent memory, and I decided, what the hell, I'll take a chance, and if they are too small, I can return them.
    Wrong. They were too big!
    Now I'm rocking a size 10 pair of capris, and I honestly can not tell you when I ever was a 10. It's really surreal and exciting!
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealia View Post
    Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling!

I was at my local Costco and noticed capri pants on a nice sale. I used to shop at plus sized womens' stores, at my max, a size 18 was really snug.
    Buying the capris, I had no idea what pant size I was (my current jeans MUST be held up by a tight belt). I'd never worn a 12 in recent memory, and I decided, what the hell, I'll take a chance, and if they are too small, I can return them.
    Wrong. They were too big!
    Now I'm rocking a size 10 pair of capris, and I honestly can not tell you when I ever was a 10. It's really surreal and exciting!
    At my pace, I need a personal tailor, because possibly too small for mens, and not sure if I'm too big for boys.... I think I'm shrinking out of 28W (5'1 -2" 135).

Tigger is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aliophile, Nice to hear you've seen and felt an improvement too. The straw that finally pushed me over at New Year's was that I made a list of everything that hurt, ached, was swollen, or felt old. Would you believe it was almost three pages?? I haven't looked at my list since, but I'm going to dig it out again at the end of March, the quarter year mark. I know some things will never change, like my early gray hair (I blame my mom's side of the family for that one!), but I can't wait to re-do it and see how short it has become.
    Last edited by Tigger; 03-15-2012 at 07:34 AM.