Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with Nuts page

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member

Experience with Nuts

Primal Fuel
    So my experience with nuts is a love hate one. I love the nutrition they provide, I love their taste, I love their portability; I love everything about them. The only problem is they don't seem to love me! It's hard to only eat a portion of these little guys, and when I eat even a bit too many, I blow up! It's pretty upsetting but not enough to make me stop .

What experience do you all have with nuts? Do you eat them everyday? Once a week? Never? Why? What do you do with them? I pretty much want to know everything there is to know about them because they rock!

activia is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much avoid them unless I'm going on a hike or something similar. With the exception of eating one brazil nut a day for my selenium at the moment... they aren't my fav so its easy to just eat one or two.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I love em and have started eating a half a jar of almond butter in one sitting. I eat them a few days a week and other days I do no carb Atkins Fat Fast- lower calorie, no carbs and high fat. I refuse to give up my almonds- whatever it takes.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    When I first started primal they were a very helpful "fast-food" to grab when I didn't plan well or was running late. Plus they are yummy

Over time though, I found they were giving me stomach pain and I had to give them up. Interestingly - my scalp psoriasis/dermatitis almost completely disappeared once I got rid of them. Once in a while I will indulge, but not regularly.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Early on in Primal, I needed them to cope with the loss of all the junk food I stopped eating. I eventually gave them up; I couldn't stop eating them, and they're so good...and so salty...they just had to go. I miss them but it's been many months since I had them. I focus on making every meal count now as opposed to using the nuts to snack on.

Still, fond times with those nuts. I shan't forget the many college football Saturday's we had together.

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    I'm now sick from eating too many..... bittersweeeeeeeettttt. I should probably cut them as I'm trying to lose weight... but they're sooo good and I agree, they are definitely a comfort food which kind of reminds me of the old SAD days...

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I find a sale and then stock up on walnuts, pecans, and sometimes macadamias or cashews so I can rotate them. A handful a day is the rule and occasionally I skip a day. I've made cashew butter, macadamia butter, and even walnut butter with a little cinnamon and maple syrup-I dipped carrots in the walnut butter. So I keep 3 diff. nuts around at any given time.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    basically, they're for hiking or camping, or for pairing with really lean grilled meat. i only really eat macadamia nuts at this point, cause they're low in phytic acid, and have the best fatty acid profile.

by the way, if you don't believe in the food-reward concept floating around in the blogosphere, i argue: NUT BUTTER.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I like nuts okay, but I find that they are not satisfying to me AT ALL when I eat them alone, and if I try to eat enough for me to feel like I've eaten anything, then they make me feel sick. So when I do eat nuts or nut butters, they are strictly a topping or condiment.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I only allow myself nuts as a part of a recipe, because I binge on them. I am trying to cut out a tbsp of almond butter with my tea I got re-addicted to last week. Coconut milk with coarse salt is less addictive to me than nut butters, so I try to stick to that.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast