Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page

Alessandra is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Primal Fuel
    So, I guess I'll start one of these journal deals today. After reading the post on red meats and the questionares, I hope I get my log a little bit more accurate.

B: Three egg omelet with yellow squash, one leaf of red chard, diced up yellow onion, and diced green bell pepper. Hmm, looks like I almost forgot the bacon! Two pieces of Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon.

S: No clue the actual measurement, but about 2 handfuls of blueberries, XOXOX Dark Chocolate 77%, about 10 macadamia nuts (that's about how many were left in the bag)

L: Two 1/4 grilled burgers (seasoned with salt, garlic powder, and some parm cheese), baby cut carrots, diced cucumbers, lettuce, and more yellow squash. Homemade salad dressing (mix of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, herbs de provence, garlic, and sea salt) Small avacado

D: Blue Sky burger! Much juicier than my somewhat dried burgers from the night before. No bun, with lettuce, pickle chips, two slices tomato, mayo, and mustard. Yes, fries, boo on my sudden desire to use Lowry's Seasoned Salt, but it happened. Iced Tea, unsweet.

Any other drinks during the day were water. It's pretty dry out here in Amarillo, so water is my friend.
    Today we had a somewhat active day at work, if not a little stressful in the morning, but nothing that couldn't be handled as a team. Very fast paced, but I sort of like when that happens, the day goes by quicker.

Played about 40 minutes of sand volleyball with my kid, Gabi. We stopped when I realized she's completely lost interest, like staring down at her feet and having more fun playing with her toes in the sand.

It's been a good day, especially hunger wise. I was actually ready to attack lunch when it finally rolled around. Plus, I wasn't really hunger until dinner hit, which was about 6 hours later. Not bad.
    Last edited by Alessandra; 03-15-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Okay, so here's the latest picture I have, from Jan of this year.
    dscn3295.jpg

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Alessandra! Best of luck on your primal journey.

Siouxzee is offline Member
    Hi Alessandra, I'm new this month, too, but have a lot more weight to lose than you.
    Good luck on your journey!

Thank you Adam! Hello Souixzee Nice to meet a fellow newbie!

Phew! What a day today I was busy pretty much all day today and it was a nice enough day to leave our hangar doors open. I love when that happens. Plus, I got to eat dinner with a friend whom I don't get to see much anymore. Eating sort of fell by the wayside tonight, but I'm not mad at myself for it.

B: 2 slices of thick bacon, some brisket, sauteed green bell peppers, and onions

S: Cup of mixed berries, handful and a half of mixed nuts, no peanuts though

L: Cup chicken breast meat, 2 hard boiled eggs, 6 thick slices of cucumbers, 6-7 cherry tomatoes, some shredded carrots, and a balsamic/olive oil mix. 1 small red delicious apple

S: not sure how much, but thick slice of organic colby jack cheese to tie me over till dinner.

D: One 10 oz Ruby Tequilla's house margarita, frozen. Half rack of ribs and half the dinner salad. Yes, I had the tortilla chips and salsa. I couldn't stay away.

Drinks, other than that rita at dinner, water as usual.

Workout this morning:
    Pushups:1st set 14 2nd set 12
    Squats:1st set 50 2nd set 50
    Pullups:1st set 2 A 2nd set 2 A
    Plank: 1st 1 min 2nd 1:10 min

My daughter and I played around with our Jai Alai set and the frisbee for about 30 mins total today, then went for about a 1/2 mile walk to the ATM and back. Overall, today was pretty decent. The weather was warm and not windy, a feat all on it's own out here. It's that time of the year for the wind to be a buzzkill, but we shall work around that

Yikes, last night was not a good night for me after going to bed. I think Ruby's ribs and my stomach got into a battle of some sorts. That's a first for me, I don't usually have any problems with food from restaurants.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

At the end of the day, I didn't eat much. Part of me was scared to try to eat too much because I didn't know if I'd keep it down, the other part thought, maybe eating less would be good for today anyway.

B: 3 pieces thick slice bacon
    S: Cup of mixed berries
    L: Two hard boiled eggs
    S: 2 handful of mixed nuts (no peanute)
    D: (this was more like a snack than anything else) Dark chocolate almond bar and one butter knife's worth of almond butter

Drinks: Mostly water, but I had a vanilla cappuccino from the vending machine to help rid me of a headache.

While I was just as busy today at work, my body seemed to be okay without as much food today. The afternoon sort became stressful at work, but I was able to handle it. It was this morning at work that I was out of it. Splitting headache which was made worse when I was trying to get some work done while laying down on the ground. Not fun, I finally just got up and stood for a while. It only got worse once I had to put my work goggles and headset on. However, the ibuprofen did start to kick in and was made better by a form of drinkable coffee. I don't normally drink coffee or cappuccino's, but if I have a headache, I'll down a cup to help. On the occasion, I'll drink a frappe. I actually almost did that tonight when I was at B&N, but ended up stopping myself when I realized I didn't want that much sugar cause I had a dark chocolate almond bar waiting on me at home. The neighbor girl downstairs is selling them for a fundraiser, which means they are probably completely all sorts of wrong for me, but I really wasn't too concerned about that this evening. I think my low calorie intake and low carb intake sort of takes care of it.

I didn't really workout today either because I had like zero motivation to move this morning, so just getting out of bed after the night I had was a push. This is very unusual for me as I am a morning person. Oh well, upset and karate chop you up stomach problems happen. It'll be okay in the long run. May IF tomorrow, but I'll make sure to take my vitamins and thyroid stuff. I almost bought some Kefir today, but I realized I already take a probiotic in the mornings. So, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend extra money on more. I did pick up some selenium to aid with the thyroid cap I'm currently taking. Ahhh, Natural Grocers, I think I spend more time there than I do my other grocery store!

Well, it's Friday night without my daughter cause she's spending the night downstairs. So, I'm watching a little Dateline NBC. Yeap, tonight's show is the same case as 20/20! I was hoping to channel hop and get two different cases, but no dice. Maybe next time?

Tomorrow we don't have work, so I'm going to get some Saturday apt cleaning, and maybe hit up the outdoors for some hiking or whatever the kid and I can find to do.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

So, I thought I might post some fun pictures for the night before I think about hitting the pillow up for some sleep.
    cannibal pumpkin.jpg
    My pumpkin ate your pumpkins for Halloween, 2011

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some pictures from our vacation back home in Virginia Beach.

toes in the water.jpg
    at the beach on my 32 birthday.jpg
    under the pier.jpg
    Last edited by Alessandra; 03-17-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast