Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 96

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I decided to read through "The Primal Blueprint" again. I feel like I've lost touch with what I started out doing almost 3 years ago. It's like I've taken all these twists and turns and really I just want to get back to the basics. So maybe that's what I need to do?

We've been enjoying some warmer days lately. Do you know what that means? Yep, HAMMOCK TIME! I think I really needed it after the mental day that I had. It was so nice to just relax and read while listening to nature

I did try out some roasted marrow bones this evening YUM! I should cook those more often. They pretty much cook themselves. Roxy was eyeballing me while I was eating them.

Sunday:
    IF'd till 12 P.M. That was a good 18 hours.
    Meal 1: Hot pastrami with provolone, no bread. Salad with oil/vinegar. I made some lemonade with the honey, lemons, and hot water they had at Jason's Deli. 1 XOXO Dark Chocolate W/Almonds & Cherries single serve bar
    Meal 2: 6 oz fajita meat, some beet berry jello and 2 tbsps almond butter w/honey.

Today
    Meal 1: Bacon and one small head of broccoli that was steamed. Added butter and some chia seeds
    Snack: 3/4 cup of berries and a handful of cashews
    Meal 2: 6 oz leftover paleo chicken and salad with dressing
    Snack: Almond butter w/honey
    Meal 3: Handful of pecans w/butter and salt. Some beet berry cherry jello. Roasted beef marrow bones.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

It looks like it's been a couple of days since the last time I was here. This is mostly because I'm trying to wean myself off of computer useage at night. Now if I could just get there in the morning time!

I had a crappy day at work yesterday. So what did this girl do? She had fro yo after work. That essentially became my dinner. The shooting at Fort Hood affected one of my family members, so my appetite was not there for me when I found out. I did cook my lunch for today, so I ate the skins off the chicken thighs and had a few bites of the beet berry jello. Family member is okay and finally got to go home this morning.

4/1/4
    Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and some roasted asparagus (used the leftover bacon grease, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic, & italian seasoning) with some chia seeds
    Snack: Handful blackberries, strawberries, and handful of almonds
    Meal 2: 2 chicken, roasted mater, & spinach sausages. Salad with dressing
    Snack: Beet Berry Jello and almond butter w/honey
    Meal 3: 8 oz hamburger w/homemade mayo

4/2/14
    Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and steamed spinach with ground up chia seed.
    Snack: Blackberries, strawberries, & handful pecans
    Meal 2: 6 oz burger meat with homemade mayo and salad with dressing
    Meal 3: Pistachio nut and cheesecake fro yo w/some cherries, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips
    SnackL Chicken skin and beet berry jello.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Cripes. It looks like I've been sticking to my not screwing around so much on the internet at home that I've forgotten to post! OK, I'll try to cover the past few days. I did get a bit carried away a couple of days. Don't think that this will be happening again any time soon though! Prebiotics might be telling me something about my stomach and I think that maybe I should listen.

4/3/14
    Meal 1: 3 pcs baon, about .5 cup red bell pepper sauteed in bacon grease topped w/ground chia seed and sea salt
    Snack: Sliced strawberries, blackberries, & 1 handful cashews
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken thights & salad with dressing
    Snack: 4 oz burger patty with the last of the mayo
    Meal 3: Ladies night out for the small group ladies. Corn tortillas w/guac. Steak fajitas and sauteed onions. Frozen margheritta.

4/4/14
    Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon. 1 chocolate crave bar
    Meal 2: 2 pcs mustard glazed chicken, salad w/dressing. Blackberries, other berries, and handful almonds
    Snack: Cashews roasted in butter
    Meal 3: Roasted Marrow bones (easily my new favorite dish)
    Snack: Banana Strawberry greek yogurt

4/5/14
    IF'd for 18 hours
    Meal 1: 1/2 hot pastrami sandwich on gluten free bread (which basically turns to soup bread with hot pastrami) and a side salad from Jason's Deli salad bar. My own mixed lemonade with a dash of sea salt since I'd been doing some help with our church's new campus.
    Snack: Tall of Starbucks frap. That's a snack as far as I'm concerned because it's got more calories than most drinks.

4/6/14
    IF'd for 18 hours
    Meal 1: Corn Tortilla chips and chicken fajita salad with guac and sour cream
    Snack: Homemade lemon lime jello! (that was my first time)
    Meal 2: Mom's meatloaf (she used pesto sauce in it. nom nom nom nom), mashed taters, and some green peas. I also had some cooked then chilled white rice with some FOS on top

Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's time to write about the new stuff that I learned this weekend and also the mishap that I had on sprint train day.

Alessandra's most important lesson for this week: Don't be stupid. Pay attention to your surroundings, including by your feet when you're wearing merrell's to run in. Roxy and I were doing one leg of the sprints when I slammed the ball of my heel on this section of the sidewalk that I think is meant to slow wheel chairs down so they don't run off. I looks like brick and has bumps on it. I've run this leg many times before, but this was the first time I did that.

I made my first batch of homemade lemon lime jello. I also made a huge mess in the kitchen doing so. A while back, I broke the glass portion of my hand juicer. So now I use it over bowls or measuring cups. But the measuring cup that I was trying to use this time isn't really wide enough. You would think that after the first time I sent the cup flying with fresh juice and maple syrup (the last of it mind you) against the front door that I would use a bowl. No, not me. I went for the cup a second time around and added honey. Thankfully the cup only flew onto the kitchen floor this time. I decided to go with a bowl this time. Anyway, I did finally get to try it yesterday. A bit tart, but I do love tart food. Tart food to me is like spicey food to my daughter.

I also gave a go to cooked and chilled rice. I added some NOW Foods FOS mix. I'm not sure if this is what is causing some battle going on in my belly or not. I'll try for three full days and see what happens. If not, one of these two has to go.

I have to say that I like the NOW foods Naturalflora FOS so far. It's slightly sweet, but it's completely keeping the sugar cravings at bay. I was surprised by this. I'm a few days into using the stuff and on the days when I'm completely eating good, it's awesome. I go to bed tired and get a good nights rest. On the days when I might make a mistake, like yesterday, I pay for it the next day. My gut does NOT want that stuff to stick around for too long. I've also stopped using chia seeds twice a day. I decided to grind them up today and see what happens.

I did try some of Nancy's Greek Yogurt with honey in it. WOW! My tastebuds were not ready for the taste of the honey in there. Not the sometimes obnoxious sweetness that happens with honey, but the difference in taste between organic and regular. Good stuff though.

Here's my food journal for the last few days:

4/7/14
    Meal 1 4 pcs bacon, 1/2 c.c. rice with 2 tsps FOS, 1/4 cup of lemon lime jello, 1 small head of steamed broccoli w/butter.
    Snack: Raspberries, sliced strawberries, & handful of cashews
    Meal 2: Mom's meatloaf and salad dressing with chia
    Snack: 8 oz c.c. rice w/1 tsp FOS
    Meal 3: 6 oz pecan crusted chicken.

4/8/14
    Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon, 2 cups spinach that was steamed w/water. Added butter. 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2 tsp FOS
    Snack: Raspberries, sliced strawberries, and handful almonds
    Meal 2: 6 oz pecan crusted chicken. Salad w/dressing & chia
    Snack: 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2 tsp and butter
    Meal 3: Paleo meatloaf

4/9/14
    Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon and 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2tsp FOS
    Snack: Strawberries, Raspberries, & handful cashews
    Meal 2: 6 oz paleo meatloaf. Salad w/dressing and chia seeds. 4 hot tamales
    Snack: C.C. Rice w/2tsp FOS. Nancy's Yogurt
    Meal 3: 2 Chicken/Spinach/Tomato sausages with spaghetti squash.

Man, it's been a few days again! I don't have my physical journal with me so I can't input what I've been eating the last few days. I will say that something odd happened to me yesterday. Maybe I had to much RS? I ate about 2 cups of rice and olive salad (homemade recipe using cold rice) then I took a nap. Now, since it's that time of the month, I usually get a little bit of discomfort in my vericose veins on the first day. When I got up from my nap, I hurt bad this time around, even my lower abdomen hurt. I had already taken some FOS in the morning. I'm wondering if I just over did it. I don't normally eat the much of the salad, but I was a bit hungry yesterday afternoon. I'm thinking I won't be trying that again.

Man, I'm getting better a the homemade jello recipes. I even ventured into coconut whipped cream. The combo of those two is rather nice! The last jello I made was lemon raspberry. Tart, but perfect

Well, while I haven't been posting on here on a daily basis, I have mostly remembered to log in my physical food journal.

I have discovered a new food to be obsessed with making properly: coconut crepes. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I feel FABULOUS when I don't tear one upon trying to flip it. I've found a recipe that works and made like 10 of them last night. I ate like 5 this morning with some chopped strawberries and honey. They were small ones and they were good.

Gabi has decided that she likes cooking when the food actually tastes good, lol. It's been fun to let her get into the kitchen and do her thing.

Well then, it's been quite some time since the last time I posted. A lot has happened since then. I left my job working on and with helicopters out there in Amarillo, TX. We are now in Goose Creek, SC. I'm still working the civilian side of military contracts in the manufacturing area, but just not 100% aviation anymore.

I have to say that I am loving the area out here. I really just want to hug the trees because I have missed them SO MUCH! Plus, there's plenty of fresh foods at local stands and farmers markets. Le sigh. I think that this is just what we needed. I'll post more when I can. I did gain some weight back during the months leading up to the move and the move itself because I wasn't eating correctly or really even working out properly. Now that we have a place to live and area somewhat settled in (still have quite a bit of unpacking to do) I think that I can spend more time on doing the right thing. Oh yeah, raw milk is not a rare thing around here. Smiles!

Oh Farmers Markets! Man do I love living out here! There are so many things available to do here. I don't think I have any excuses anymore

Sent from my Z796C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Does anyone have suggestion as to how to get rid of a Twizzlers addiction?

Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast