Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 95

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol, sabine. Sounds like my train of thought at times.

I did actually use red palm oil for the first time and that was yesterday. It doesn't smell as bad, or at least to me it doesn't, as some people say.

I had another good day at work I love when that happens! I think the best part was that my coworker hooked me up today by taking on something extra so that I wouldn't have to. That made me smile a bit and I'm so grateful for that.

Running with Roxy went just a hair smoother today. She's slowly learning to not pull me when she gets distracted. I know this will take time and hard work, but I think that we can get there. Thank God for running leashes!

Small group was at my place tonight so I got to cook for all of us. The homemade mayo is always a crowd pleaser
    Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon, grain free porridge, and 1 whole small head of broccoli that was steamed along with spinach and red bell pepper.
    Meal 2: 6 oz leftover Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Cups with shredded cucs and carrots. Still managed the usual salad and dressing
    Snack: Pecans with butter and savory seasoning
    Meal 3: Thanksgiving style paleo meatballs, cucs, carrots, and red bell pepper matchsticks with homemade mayo ( YES, THE RETURN OF THE HOMEMADE MAYO!) that had a bit of a seasoning mix added to it.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Man, I think I had a severe case of the Friday's at work. We actually had a good day at work, but I guess these things happen at times. Today is my rest day from running/sprint training and other workouts and I'm glad that it is. I think my body was relieved a little bit too

I've discovered something about the running/sprint training that's been helpful. It's diminished my problem with what seems like period induced asthma. What I mean by that is that I only seem to have this issue close to my period. Any other time I'm fine. This time around it hasn't bothered me much. Even when I do get it, it only shows up when I'm walking fast up the stairs or walking briskly at work.

I did try something new tonight with my leftovers from this week. For the first time, I made paleo pizza crust. I used some of the leftover chicken from earlier this week along with some spinach and 4 cheese Italian blend. I might need to mess with the crust recipe, but it wasn't too bad for my first time.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon (I wasn't completely hungry this morning)
    Snack: 1.5 cups mixed berries W/sliced almonds and chopped pecans with some chia seeds
    Meal 2: 6 oz leftover paleo meatloaf and salad w/dressing (with 1/2 tsp chia seeds)
    Meal 3: 3 slices paleo pizza (homemade).
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

This day is almost over with and it seems to feel like a long Saturday for some reason. I added one more sprint during the training this morning with Roxy because I had more time. I think that we both did pretty good I also managed to IF for about 18 hours today! I even managed to not eat out today. That's normally hard for me on the weekends because it's more convenient when we are out running around. Sort of proud of that one today

Meal 1: Leftover paleo meat loaf (6 oz) and one slice of paleo pizza with some butter sauce. Oh yeah, like 5 pieces of pepperoni.
    Meal 2: Two slices leftover paleo pizza with homemade butter sauce.
    Drinks: Water and iced tea with chia seeds.

What a great day today! I got to go see "God's Not Dead" with some people from my small group and with Gabi. I LOVED IT! GOD's NOT DEAD!

Now that I got that out of the way This week marks one full week of sprint training/running for myself and Roxy. I think that I definitely like running with merrell's better than regular "running" shoes. There doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with my knees afterwards. I consider that a plus!

I managed to IF for another 19 hours!!!!!! I also did something this week that I wasn't sure that I wanted to try again. I had gluten free bread with my lunch at Jason's Deli. I did the same thing last week, but I had a full sandwich that time. This time I only went with a half one. It wasn't that bad, but I don't think that it will become a permanent thing.

I have gone back and reviewed some of my earliest posts to see if I could find some more motivation. The funny thing is that I found I was still having some issues then, lol, with certain things. I did notice that I was more upbeat in those journals. At least the ones in the beginning. I haven't been like that in a while. So I'm opting to try some changes, again, to see what happens.

Meal 1: Jason's Deli half of a hot pastrami sandwich on gluten free bread with a slice of provolone and mayo, side salad, and my own concocted lemonade (they have lemons, honey, hot water, and ice so this works)
    Snack: I ate the rest of the tzatziki sauce that was in my fridge and Dibbs ice cream at the movies
    Meal 3: Oven Roasted chicken with a salad and some rice. Mom made some sort of cookie sandwich, so she gave me one to try. Gluten-free
    Drinks: Water and the Jason's Deli blended lemonade.

We finally have new internet/wifi at the apartment. I've been testing out how the new wifi works with multiple devices. It seems to be working so far! I know that's a silly thing to be happy about, but we almost didn't have this work out for us today.

I wasn't really that good today. Gabi had her Spring Choir Concert tonight. We usually go get fro yo afterwards. I had A LOT less than what I normally get. The pistachio was pretty tasty though.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon, steamed spinach w/ground chia and mashed turnips with ground chia. Both had some bacon grease added to them.
    Snack: Handful of almonds and 3 large strawberries
    Meal 2: 6 oz leftover meat loaf
    Snack: Some almond butter with honey
    Meal 3: Last two slices of the paleo pizza with some butter sauce
    Dessert: Pistachio fro yo (about 3/4 cup) with a few cherries, a little bit of coconut flakes, and about 1 tsp chocolate sprinkles

Today wasn't too shabby for a Tuesday. I even busted out my Lilo & Stitch CD since I have a radio that doesn't eat my CD's anymore It's been quite some time since I've enjoyed that one!

I also managed three outdoor workouts today! My morning dog walk, our afternoon run, and some cone-to-cone workouts using my medicine ball. I'm sort of proud of that one because I made that medicine ball myself. This is my first time using it outdoors. I did overhead throws and lunged to where the ball landed going one way. Then on the way back, I did single arm throws and did the spiderman on the way back. I did two rounds of those after doing legs at the gym.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and one small head of broccoli that was steamed. I poured a little bacon grease on it and added some chia
    Snack: Handful of cashews with 2 strawberries and some blueberries
    Meal 2: The last of the meat loaf! A salad with some dressing and chia
    Snack: Some almond butter with a bit of honey
    Meal 3: 6 Thanksgiving style meatballs

I missed posting about yesterday because I was a bit tired after single moms group at church. We've been going through this study called Choose Joy. I think this study came at just the right time in my life because I have certainly felt that my joy has been sapped out of me lately. I know where my mistakes with this are and am just going to have to make a daily effort to change that

I slept like a rock last night! The same thing happened the night before and I was so glad that my alarm clock actually annoyed the snot out of me because lately I've been waking up before it goes off.

I didn't get my run in yesterday or even our dog walk because the weather was a bit odd both in the morning and in the mid afternoon, but I'm not sweating it too much.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and oven roasted asparagus. I used the bacon grease from the bacon to cook the asparagus, then added a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice, some garlic powder, some sea salt, and some italian seasoning. SOOOO GOOOOD!
    Snack: 2 strawberries, some blueberries, and a handful of pecans
    Meal 2: 6 leftover T-Day style meatballs and salad with salad dressing
    Snack: Beareded Bros Ginger Peach and 5 tbsps of Nancy's sour cream. If you have a chance to buy this stuff, do it. It's so freaking good!)
    Meal 3: 3 Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Cups

I had a great night last night Jud Wilhite came to our church to do a talk based on his book "The God of Yes" I think that came at just the right time for me, spiritually wise. The affirmation that I felt when it comes to finding my true delight and joy is just what I needed last night.

I went ahead and did sprint training yesterday instead of running. I missed sprints on Wednesday because of the funky weather. I think I can miss a day with regular running and be okay with it.

Meal 1: 3 pcs bacon, steamed spinach with butter and chia
    Snack: 3 sliced strawberries, blueberries, and a handful of cashews
    Meal 2: 6 oz leftover Chinese 5 spice lettuce cups
    Snack that turned into meal 3: Rest of the Nancy's Sour Cream, my lunch salad with the dressing and 3 tbsp almond butter with a little bit of honey added.

I think that I had a bit of a crazy day yesterday. Drama got sandwiched in between a good morning and a peaceful afternoon, but it's been dealt with so far.

Now, onto my rest day, which was Friday. I started out on a pretty good note because I gave my body a break yesterday. When lunch time crept around, I sort of fell back. The supervisor for this area (he's not my boss) had bought pizza for the guys and even got some gluten free cupcakes for a few of us. He got the mini kind. You know, the kind that if you don't think about it, you've eaten more than one whole one? I think I ate like 3. The frosting was actually pretty dang good and that might have been my downfall.....................

Ecks, I also had an Epic bar yesterday. They have the turkey ones here too. Those are pretty darn yummy.

Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon. Sauteed green bell peppers and onions. One chocolate crave bar.
    Snack: Strawberries, blueberries, & raspberries w/chopped pecans and chia seeds
    Meal 2: 6 T-Day style meatballs, salad w/dressing and chia seeds. 3 gluten free mini cupcakes. Cheese and pepperoni from a slice of pizza (I didn't eat the dough)
    Meal 3: 1 epic bar, 1 glutinos spinach & feta pizza, 1 ctr of tzakziki sauce (that stuff is addicting at times)

So, I think that I need to rethink my afternoons on rest day when it comes to food. I'm IF'ing right now even though I'm at work. Since I'm not doing anything to strenous, I'm not sweating lack of food at the moment.

Woo woo! Another IF weekend is here I'm still doing this IF both days even though I am at work. I figure that I can handle this since I'm not doing much of anything to warrant a ton of food.

I did eat an entire 12" gluten free pizza to myself last night It was so good! Gabi and I went to one of our favorite pizza joints because they carry a gluten free crust, which is really more cracker like in the texture than anything else. I don't mind it though.

Roxy and I did our sprint training in the afternoon since I had to be at work an hour earlier. That's how these guys roll on the weekends. Now what I didn't notice on our way out on the walk/sprint train was that someone had tossed their frozen custard out the window onto the sidewalk. I didn't see it because we were on the grass during the walk out. We certainly found it on the way back! Roxy decided to investigate it in the middle of one of our sprints! Not fun on a running leash, but really not fun when I almost ran over her! I think I almost tripped over her three different times. She decided to try to cross over right in front of me at the finish line. This usually doesn't happen when we run together, but occasionally it does.

Meal 1: The very last of my Chinese 5-Spice lettuce cup meat (didn't have time to pack a salad since I was short on supply)
    Meal 2: 1 whole 12" gluten free pizza called "The Drizz" (named after the owners college buddy) and some hard apple/pear cider)

I did have some tea with chia seeds yesterday too.