Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 90

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you have a recipe? I'd love to give it a go!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to get back to you on that one Ecks

I've found a volunteer area that I really enjoy doing and it's outdoors!!!!!!!!!! I think that I really like going over to Wildcat Bluff and helping them spruce the place up. There's a new lady running things out there and she set up a volunteer day about two weekends ago. I went in that Saturday and helped with weed wacking, but I went back this past Saturday to do some more work. The second time I went back, I was better prepared for getting dried up grass all over me. I used my bandana and remembered my safety glasses this time, lol. Vivien has been having me clear up the areas around the benches and picnic tables so that people can sit. It occured to me, after hearing the story of how this happened for a friend, that maybe one blessed woman might get proposed to out there at one of those stone benches, so I kind of smiled a little bit and made sure that it looked extra nice. I'm not a pro, but I would have been happy with it. Yep, the slightly romantic side of me kicked in and that was my motivation

The past few days have been a little non primal for me, but that was yesterday. I've forgiven it (even if that bread pudding was the best stuff EVER!!!!!) and have moved on. I've got some beef short ribs (standing in for shanks since I couldn't run around looking for them) in the slow cooker using a recipe from Practical Paleo and I've got some home mixed sausage patties for lunch with my daily salad. It's going to be a good day. I even got in a good brisk walk with Roxy this morning. WOW for me is Bringing Home The Kill this week I'm liking this one. I might just go get a bag of sand and tape it up for a heavier weight. Now if I add walking Roxy on the running leash to that, I'm set to go!

Oh yea! IT'S APPLE CIDER SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick for the straw (note to self, be careful not to make yourself light headed by doing this).
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I've always had funny images of what bread pudding is... I should look it up one day because honestly I'm imagining chunks of bread and milk like someone was out of cereal one morning or something (and that sounds a little crazy to me!)

Mmm... I love hot apple cider! Had my first of the season 2 weekends back. The coffee shop that I went to actually heated the apple cider using the milk frother on an espresso machine... I don't think it affected the taste but damn was that ever a cool idea!!!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Hmm. Mark's post yesterday was interesting to read. I don't normally like the idea of New Years Resolutions becaue of the stigma and simply because you shouldn't wait until then for that kind of stuff (it makes sense in my head). However, on New Years Day, I found myself thinking about some things that need to change. The major thing that kept running through my head, when it came to Primal, is that I need to just not eat unless I'm hungry. I also need to eat to the point of only being full.

The other thing, Primal wise, that I kept hearing is GET OUTDOORS MORE! Sheesh! You would think this was a no brainer for me because I like being outside, but I've been slacking off the past few months. I've noticed that by not being outside more, I've lost touch spiritually. My relationship with God has suffered a little due to this. There's plenty of other stuff going on there, but I know that by not being outside and enjoying His creation, I'm not recharging myself in the area that I need to.

Even if I'm just going for a walk with Roxy, and/or Gabi, or maybe only myself, I need to get out there. I've begun volunteering at this place called Wildcat Bluff. Most of my volunteer work will be outdoors and I couldn't be happier about that right now.

I've been a bit under the weather these past few weeks, but I think it's more of a blessing than a curse. It's brought my appetite down by quite a bit. So hopefully I'll only eat what I need and stop. I know I can make this happen. There's quite a bit going on in my head about this lately. Enough so that it might finally do the trick.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you back, Alessandra. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you as well Sabine!

I think we might take Roxy to the dog part while it's still a little nice outside. It's rare that the panhandle of Texas gets this kind of nice weather in the winter so we might as well take advantage of it!

Gabi and I have been trying out ear wax candles. She went first, which is a first in and of itself, and liked how it worked. So I thought that I would give it a shot. It's not bad once you get past the scary aspect of fire near your hair, lol.

Yesterday was a good day as far as food is considered. I managed to stick to my guns with eating only when I was hungry. I even did the same thing this morning. I sort of IF'd for 17 hours without thinking about it too much. What a relief!

Time to get washed up for the day and get outdoors while it's still nice outside I hope that you all have a blessed day!

Gabi and I took Roxy to the dog park yesterday so that she could play outdoors for a bit and we learned something new about her. She will actually run into freezing cold, also stinky, water to chase after ducks! I wish that I could have caught that on video because it made me laugh so hard! She has generally shied away from jumping into the water in the past. I guess we found her motivation, lol. We made her sit in the back seat on the way home and she finally got that bath that we've been meaning to give her.

I managed to only eat two meals yesterday, even if I did sneak in a Chocolate Secret Coconut Macaroon bar in there. I don't think that I'll have those anymore because that one had a bit of a soapy taste to it. That may have ruined it for me and I'm fine with it.

All in all, yesterday was a good day. I can't wait to see what this one holds! God bless

Woooooooooooooooo! It was a tad bit cold outside this morning on the dog walk! I didn't know that we were supposed to get more snow until I went downstairs with Roxy. It's a good thing that I was bundled up and I even made her wear her sweater. I know, I know. She's a dog, she shouldn't need one. However, she's also a short haired dog who is not a fan of completely cold weather. Mental note to self: If the dog looks like she almost slid on some ice, you will most likely do the same, lol. Thank goodness I had my overalls on!

Yesterday was a great day of rest and relaxation. The sermon at church was a good one that I enjoy hearing. "Come as you are" since that's how Jesus invites to come along. I like it for so many reasons and I am hoping to apply this to other areas of my life. Not just for myself but for everyone who enters into my life or is already there.

I stuck to my eat only when hungry deal again! Woo woo! I also brought my own salad dressing to lunch yesterday. I knew that we were going to eat somewhere that wouldn't really have the best selection. Thankfully I have a purse that looks more like an over the chest type book bag. I never would have thought that I'd be the person to do this, but I've got to do what I've got to do.

Time's up on break so time for more work. I hope that you all have a blessed day!

Another brrr cold winter day. What a surprise, right?

I almost made it through yesterday with only eating when I was hungry, but hunger got the better of me before dinner time. So I had an Epic Bar. Ecks, the turkey ones are rather delicious and our Natural Grocers carries them I didn't snack between that and dinner time, but I was still a little hungry at dinner. Nathan came over and ate with us. I made some lettuce cup things from the paleo cookbook that I have and he seemed to like them. Good news cause I'm cooking up one of the chicken recipes before going to my financial class tonight.

I'm looking forward to this 7 week financial course because that's one area of my life that I get a little stressed over and then angry with myself about! I make enough to take care of us, but I need to do better with what I have. So I'm taking the class in hopes to get myself a little more organized with this are of my life so that it will be one less thing to stress over.

I'm slowly changing some other areas of my life and reflecting on some things that I need to get back to. Well, I hope that you all have a blessed day today

Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast