Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 89

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's amazing what a good hike in the canyon with my dog will do for me. I needed that after a rough end to my weekend. It also helped to sit down with a friend to chat about what happened and how I got to my breaking point. I think she's right about God wanting me to get to that point so that I would slow down a little bit. I've been so stressed between work and home life. I've also been too busy reacting instead of being proactive.

Things that need to happen:
    Train my coworker on the stuff that I know so that we can both be profficient.
    Don't feel guilty for having to tell people no.
    Get Gabi more involved in housework.
    Quit trying to stress myself out over paleo and just be primal(I need to eat the foods that I first enjoyed with becoming primal, even if I think that I should limit due to hypothyroidism. I was doing just fine at the beginning)
    Spend more time outdoors.
    Give up the split sleep schedule unless it's the weekend. I just can't do this during the week as I have stuff to do after work.
    Do more of the stuff that Gabi likes to do outside of the house.
    Spend more time with friends outside of the house, but remember to take down time too.
    Love people the way Jesus loves me (I know, I'm not him so I will screw up with this).
    Sing more often and maybe make some time to piddle around on my musical instruments.
    Quit being so hard on myself.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Quit being so hard on myself.
    Yes!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I love that you've outlined a set of priorities for yourself. Sometimes hitting the reset button and starting fresh is the way to go.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks Hopefully these goals are more attainable than the sometimes unrealistic ones that I set myself up with.

I ended up doing my WOW after work and a nap yesterday. My morning was just a little off and I couldn't find my phone. Turns out it was on my bed the whole time. I fell asleep in my regular clothes Monday night and my phone was in my back pocket. I'm pretty certain that God was trying to tell me to quite screwing around and get my prayer time done first. I feel this way because I had looked on my bed at least one time before I called it quits and prayed for the day. Shortly afterwards, I found my phone on my bed!

I cooked up some delicious pumpkin cranberry muffins using some pureed roasted pumpkin that I made up the other night I also whipped up some cauliflower rice and some mashed parsnips for use for today. The mashed parsnips have a nice sweet flavor in the mornings Yum! I got my veggies in along with my egg muffin things.

Roxy and I had a good run this morning. I think I'm finally able to pick up the pace a little bit more. If I can find a steady pace to run at, I can go further so that I can start doing 5k's when I want to. I figure that's far enough for me. Anything longer will just bring on boredom and the constant arguing with myself while running gets old, lol.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I know a lot of people who find that it's easier to wake up slightly earlier and do prayer in the morning... I find my best time is when I'm in my car. Just me, god, and the road! I find it's a great time to talk out loud to God... I find talking out loud makes prayer so much more expressive.

Mmm... It's the time of the year for squash and pumpkin! love it!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I pray out loud in my room because Gabi is still sound asleep at almost 5 AM in the morning. Upsdie to being single? I think so. I agree with you about doing them aloud. I feel like I'm more connected. It also helps me to keep my thoughts in line and not veer off like I tend to do in my head.

Out of the mouth of Gabi: "Mom, I wish we could have a gloomy cold day where I could wear a sweater and drink hot chocolate. Then it would feel like fall and I love cold weather. I get to wear sweaters and drink hot chocolate or coffee."

I had coffee this morning. My stomach reminded me why I don't do that. Talk about feeling weird all day. I usually only drink coffee if I have a headache that I'm trying to squash. I had some this morning because the cashier gave me two cups instead of one and charged for both. I wanted hot chocolate, but they didn't have any! Oh well. Life happens, right?

It just feels the best to pray out loud doesn't it? I feel like I'm having conversation with god.

I wonder why your stomach doesn't like coffee... is it potentially the quality of coffee? I drink from a local roaster almost every day and as far as I can tell I haven't had any issues. I find more acidic coffees though give me a stomach ache.

Lesson Alessandra learned about herself this past weekend:
    Whenever I say that I hate something, that's when I crave it. WTF?! Almost directly after I say that I can't stand coffee, I drink one pumpkin spice frapp, one spyder (local coffee shop specialty), and one chocolate chai latte. I know that those don't count as real coffee, but it's close enough for me. I also craved sugary foods almost all day yesterday.

I fasted on Sunday morning because I ate way too much on Saturday evening at a BBQ event with my small group. The Hawaiin pork and ribs were yum. I made homemade coleslaw for the first time ever. Interesting little adventure with cabbage. It turned out good though.

It's the sugar trail. Once I'm on sugar I find it's hard to stop for the day- sometimes 2.

Homemade creamy paleo coleslaw is delicousness! It's even better for breakfast veggies

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast