Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 88

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just in case you got hungry for shampoo...
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, lol. That's a good one.

So, I had some non paleo meat (I had a taste) yesterday and some more of it today. It's called SPAM. Mom made SPAM sausage for one of the contests that she entered in at the fair. You can't really taste the SPAM, but that doesn't mean it's missing. I think I might take a pass on it in the future because I know that it's not the best thing. I don't hate SPAM, I just don't like it as much as I did when I was a kid.

Roxy and I ran for 2.22 miles this morning I think it's definitely time for me to get a running belt to keep some water for her. She slowed down a little bit until the very end where she got her second wind. I hope that by this time next month we will both be able to hit the 3 mile mark. Zombie run is at the end of next month! Gabi has decided she's going to run as a zombie. I think I might just run as zombie bait. I could run as a human runner, but what's the fun in that?!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I finally made it back to the gym after being gone for about 1.5 months. I only plan on going three times a week and this will coincide with the days that I run in the morning. I have figured out that I like doing three days of running and three days of WOW in the morning. I think I'm going to focus more on upper body stuff at the gym since I do quite a bit of leg stuff with running and WOW's.

I got to enjoy my first waygo steak for lunch today One of our local ranchers sells their meat at the farmers market and I thought that I would try something new. I have already grown to enjoy their ground beef so I thought that I would try a steak this time. YUM! I cooked it up last night and then saved it for my lunch today so that I would have just a little more time to get my WOW in this morning.

I have noticed that I'm not as famished when I get home from work because I've been eating an avocado as one of my smaller meals. I'm also cutting back on how much I eat at each meal, with the exception of breakfast because I need the kickstart with veggies. I think I might lean out on the meat intake and up the veggie intake at that meal.

I have also learned that the little heated rice in a bag works GREAT for your feet. Oh man. My feet tend to hurt when I come home from work some days. Before I took a nap, I heated up some rice and split it between two plastic bags then slid it in with my cozy socks that I use for sleeping. My feet felt so relieved after I woke up. So I did it again when I went to bed. This time I added some lavender, but I couldn't smell it because of the plastic bags. I plan on taking some old shirts tonight and making them into satchels to put the rice in. Oh yeah! I got the lavender oil from one of our local markets. It smells so good! When the farmers market is done for the season, I am going to go to some of these local stores more often. I also know where to get my eggs from now
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

My neice loves sewing heat packs. She tends to fill them with rice and blackbeans.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Ecks! I didn't get around to sowing them last night, lol. I got distratcted while watching Ugly Betty on Netflix with Gabi. Sure, I had the chance to make them while watching TV, but I sort of got lazy because I was cooking my food for today, scallop piccata and roasted butternut squash. I actually ended up eating most of the butternut squash..... I guess the carrots and homemade mayo weren't enough last night.

I threw out the last Kind Fruit and Nut bar last night after I ended up eating another one. Gabi doesn't crave them anymore and I need to quite eating them.

Ok, my recipe for making chocolate gummies didn't quite come out right this last batch either. I've still got some tweeking to do. Maybe instead of using honey, I will use maple syrup. We'll see what happens.

Oh Ecks! I ate quite a bit of not so good for me chocolate yesterday! I left work early because I wasn't feeling so good. Then I raided some chocolate that belongs to Gabi that was in the fridge. I have no idea why I did that either. Oh well, that was yesterday, right? That's what I'm saying.

We've got pot luck at lunch today It's Mexican pot luck. I signed up to bring in the tortillas and pico de gallo sauce. I bought the stuff from the store because I haven't had time this week to make anything and I don't make good tortillas.

The weather definitely feels like fall outside! We are expecting just a little bit more rain today. I hope it stays cooler today because that means I can run tonight and not get overheated I didn't run this morning because I was tired. My body said no ma'am, you will not be pulling that on me this morning! I listened to it and went back to sleep for about another 30 minutes.

I've got the place to myself tonight. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just run and workout. Maybe I'll go out tonight. I'm not sure just yet.

You should invite a friend over! Friday nights are a good time for most people

Everyone slips- just hope the chocolate was at least good chocolate.

It was, but I did it again last night! I actually made myself sick this time. So, I don't think I will be doing that again for a while. I did finally get my chocolate gummy recipe right! I'm going to make some more tonight and write everything down this time. I think I'll just call them chocolate milk gummies because that's what they taste like. I've got some bone broth cooking up in the crock pot right now. I also made some butternut squash soup last night. I think I'll make some vegetable broth so that I can use that the next time that I make the butternut squash soup. I might just have some of that with my lunch today

I need a freaking nap already. I've been up since 6 and running around all morning trying to get some cleaning done, but mostly laundry at the laundry mat. Today is rest day from WOW's and running.

You need to post recipe and photos of the chocolate gummies. They sounds like they'd be pretty awesome!

I will do that the next time that I make them

I've been out of it for the past few days because I caught something on Sunday. I went to work on Monday, but I opted to stay home Tuesday. I think I'm growing just a little bit more confident in my soup making abilities. I started some vegetable broth on Monday night to use for making butternut squash soup. The worked out perfectly on Tuesday! I even made myself my own egg soup that morning. I fried like 3 eggs and then put them in the broth. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it turned out okay. I got in some veggies and some meat at the same time giving my body the benefits of broth. I'm glad that I had my go to egg muffins from Sunday becuase I really didn't want to cook too much yesterday when I was hungry. I just wanted easy stuff to do. I also tried to make sure that I didn't fall too far into the trap of staying home sick. This usually means I rest a little and clean a lot. I hate saying this, but I think that sometimes that's a woman thing. I can't even believe that I just typed that, but it's true. I did clean up my kitchen a little bit, but it was a mess by the end of the day because Gabi and I both used it. I took a break from working out or running. Even this morning I let myself sleep a little extra. I can't run myself down when I get sick like I try to do and think that it's going to be okay.

That's it for now!

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast