Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 87

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! What a weekend! I got to see my favorite musician, Pat Green, and his band play Saturday night and even got in a little two stepping. Gabi and I are working on building a cardboard version of the T.A.R.D.I.S. for trunk-or-treat this year. I have a whole bunch of frozen fruit in the freezer because miss thing decided that smoothies might be a good option for her

I made some sour gummy things from Practical Paleo's web site. Let me just say those things are super freaking tart, even with the maple syrup. WHEW!

I'm very certain that I can never again eat seasame sticks because my stomach let me have it this morning after my morning run. Yikes! Not doing that again!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    TARDIS Adult Onsie | Shut Up And Take My Money

Have you seen this?

I wonder what in the sesame sticks got you going. I've always considered sesame a safe food... maybe I should reassess that thought.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I think that it was whatever flour they used. It might have been something else that I ate that day too, though.

I made some blueberry lemon gummies last night. SO much better than the lemon ones because they aren't as tart. I need to find some molds so that I can make them into some fun shapes

I got my run in yesterday. I'm learing that once I get past that .5 mile mark, I sort of want to keep going farther than what I have time for. I've got to watch that because I only have but so much time in the mornings. I'm already closer to 2 miles than I thought that I would be when I started running again. I also like running when its dark outside. I think that's a mind game that I play with myself. If I can't see, in broad daylight, how much further that I have to go, it doesn't bother me as much. I still plan on only running a maximum of three days a week.

I cooked burgers last night and I almost ate a whole one before I remembered that I promised Gabi no meat in the evenings. The good news is that it left me more for lunch today! I'm glad that I let eggs back in my diet because those muffin recipes in Practical Paleo are sooooooooooo goooooooddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Coconut Horchata Gummy Snacks | This Paleo Life
    I made these last night with about 90% success. Since I'm using ice cube trays, I used a little oil spray to make sure that I could get the gummies out. That doesn't taste very good. Next time I will use coconut butter instead. Yet they are pretty tasty Here's the link to the sour ones:
    Easy Recipe: Sweet & Sour Gummy Gelatin Snacks

I'm going back to eating smaller meals throughout the day. The three meals isn't cutting it for me. I'm overeating when I get home from work because I'm hungry since lunch is at 11:00 for me. I'm going to try to keep it at 5 meals a day. I'm right back at the weight that I was when I started this journal last year. Whole30 has done some serious good for me, but trying to eat with the schedule that they give just flat out sucks. I'm also going back to fasting on the weekends for as long as I can.

I still like the idea of no meat at my last meal because I feel that it helps Gabi and it also helps to make sure that I'm getting enough veggies in the day. I have been cooking the meat for me lunch in the evenings so that I don't have to do it in the mornings. Workout of the week has been fun so far Three days of that a week, combined with running, is certainly helping me out in the mornings as well. Now I just need to get back to being outdoors in the evenings!

Time to get back to work!

I could see those gummy snacks getting dangerous quickly! Added to my "must make soon" list!

I find eating on a schedule weird... Dare I say "unnatural". It also makes it feel like a paleo "diet" not lifestyle. Eat when you're hungry. Everything else just seems plain wrong.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I don't really have much of a choice to eat at certain times during the day becuase they are almost always the only time I have to eat. I'm usually pretty hungry on weekday mornings. By the time lunch rolls around, I can get mean if I don't have food, lol.

You should bring quick grab and eat foods to work (or easy grab an goes for the morning) like egg cups (or the awesome alternate- meatloaf cups!)

Ahh sir, that requires time that I haven't always had on the weekends. I have been making those egg muffin things from my Practical Paleo book. Those things are yum

Group is at my place tonight. I'm cooking up some cuban style pork slider size burgers. I'm planning on making the horchata gummies for tonight as well. We have a pot luck next week at work and I'm going to make some more of the gummies for my work crew since we are doing a Mexican themed pot luck. I plan on making the pico as well

I looked down at my burn scar from earlier this year and noticed that it's starting to heal a little bit. I think I might take a picture of it tonight and then take another one next week. I'll do that for a few weeks to see if it changes anymore. This will be my little science experiment with the gummies In the mean time, I've got to tweek that lemon recipe or find lemons that are a little sweeter. Time to get the nose involved!

I found myself noshing on some sort of primal junk food yesterday. I sort of got mad at myself when I thought about it later. I did have a gluten free pizza from Glutino's. I ate it first then I read the ingredients. I'm only mad because normally I read first then decide to eat stuff. Paleo magazine has an article on just this thing and I sort of felt called out, but I don't feel 100% mad at myself because I barely eat those. I did have my fallback, plantain chips. I think I need to call that what it is, junk, when it comes in the package. I can make those at home if I want.

Other than that, it's all good today We had a bit of a crazy busy day at work yesterday. When my coworkers says that he needs a beer and it's not even lunch time (which is at 11 A.M. for us), it's one of those days! Ciao!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gluten-free is everywhere now. At least it fees that way. My freaking shampoo bottle says gluten-free on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice this until this morning when I was washing my hair. Of course it's freaking gluten-free. It better be if it's supposed to calm my scalp. Jeeze peets!

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast