Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 86

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a soft spot for hard cheeses... And your (what I can assume are popsicles??) sound outstanding! If I may make a request it would be that you would make one with hazelnut butter then find some way to ship it up to me still in tact Mmm... Hazelnut butter, banana, cinnamon, and coconut cream maybe? Oh! And when it's all come together roll it in coconut cream again then maybe coconut shreds and put it back in the freezer on a tray to set!! Darn it now I want one!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    The pops are pretty darn tastey Ok, so I tried some honey yesterday. Honey.too.sweet. I had bought some "local" (which usually means it came from about 2 hours away from here) and wanted to taste it. I dipped the tail end of a spoon in the container and was expecting a bitter taste but it was too sweet! Even the wildflower stuff was I mean I'm happy but I'm kind of sad at the same time. I like the bitter taste of the local raw stuff. Or at least I used to. I'm going to see how long I can go without chocolate before I try some seriously dark stuff again. I like dates now more than I used to, especially with pepperoni

I think that this Monday I will be starting WOW's again! I really haven't had much time to get this done in the mornings because I've been using that time cooking. Perhaps tomorrow night I will get some food prepped for the mornings so that I can just reheat and go.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sooooo.... I've figured out that milk and butter aren't so much my friends. Neither is blue cheese. So I need to pretty much stay away from that stuff as much as I can. I think I'm okay with that to be honest.

Today I started WOW again! I figured that I would go ahead with the very first one since I've been walking differently for a while. Ecks, you were right! It did seem to workout rater nicely with the sprinting. Now I'm going to try running tomorrow and see what happens!

Oh yeah, my mom makes some seriously good ribs when she smokes them. YUM!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Mmmm... Mouth started watering at the mention of smoked ribs
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

They were good. I think I needed more of the sauce for the leftovers though.

I went running with my dog with the new running leash. Yep, we have some work to do. However, it's a nice little ab workout. I'm a little sore, but this will pass It's much easier to control her urgers to run off when the leash attaches to the piece around my waste. Ecks, the running required me to think about my foot and how it was striking the ground. I'm going to need a longer leash to attach to the waste since she likes to run in front of me.

I've been adding some kale into my salads, along with some rainbow chard. I can't say that I like the taste of kale, but my salad dressing usually handles that problem rather nicely

Allergies have been kicking my butt! I'm trying a different approach because my nose has been so itchy and I've had some minor nose bleeds (read, it's only on the tissue, not just running out of my nose). I know that it's due to the rain that we received and the subsequent weeds popping up all over the place. I'm still grateful for the green that we have outside though.

I enjoyed running this morning and I'm ready for the WOW tomorrow morning. I did get through the split sleep schedule yesterday and plan on doing it again today. I won't be able to use it tomorrow night, but I'm not worried about it too much.

Ok, things that I've learned from yesterday. Peppers are not my friend. Period. I can eat hard cheese, but not too often. Coleslaw is not my friend either unless I make it myself.

Roxy and I went for another run this morning. I managed to figure out the leash when it comes to letting it out some. That was nice becuase I didn't feel like I might step on Roxy while I was running.

That's it for today

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    T I'm going to need a longer leash to attach to the waste since she likes to run in front of me.
    Eh! Let roxy set the pace! She'll keep you in check I'm curious- if you're not enjoying the kale why eat it? I know it's like the "darling vegetable" of paleo but really it's just meh. Load up on greens that you enjoy. What good is a food if it comes with a shot of cortisol every time you go to eat some?

Lovin that you're feeling good. I can feel it in the tone of your text. Keep it up love!

Ecks, I can't let her set the pace! She runs too fast for me, lol. She's starting to get the hang of it though. Rock Island Rail Trail is off limits after the sun has risen. It's almost a sure bet that someone will be out there with their dog as we discovered yesterday. MAN! What a nice little extra on the run.... I did stop and pick her up for a very small portion because of the sandy burs in one area where we had to leave a parking lot and hit the Rail Trail. That was right in the middle of the run. Let me tell you that sure did give me a workout too, even just walking with her.

Gabi has decided she wants to go vegetarian and I'm going to do what I can to support her. I remember that Mark said that one of his kids is as well. I've told her that I will eat a vegetarian meal with her in the evenings to support her. Really, what's one meatless meal going to do? Nothing. It will, however, ensure that I get my daily dose of veggies and/or fruit if I missed out in the morning.

ECKS! I made some lemon blueberry muffins using the recipe from Practical Paleo. THEY.ARE.SO.GOOD! I also used the recommended Grade B syrup. Woah, that stuff is good and you don't need too much of it. YUM!

I'm on week two of WOW archives. I've had to tweek the time thing with it because I can't really give up more than 20 minutes after the morning dog walk. I managed to get in like 6 rounds of the Grok Walk today. Well, time to get off of here for the day. I hope that everyone is having a great day so far

So, I think my mom still isn't taking it too well with Gabi going vegetarian. I also think that my stomach isn't taking it too well with me eating hummus once in a while. YIKES! Talk about mad belly last night while I was at group. I think that plus the stress from the day just sort of set my tummy off, but I'm good today.

Ohhhhh......... The lady that's going to be my second shift counterpart brough in some artichoke tea, last night, for me to try. The aroma is rather strong, but it's actually pretty good. She informed me that it's better with honey and after getting a whiff of it yesterday, I had to agree with her.

Roxy and I are getting much better at running together, but she's still trying to pull when she sees something from time to time. We'll get there though. I'm trying to get ready for Zombie Run in Claude, TX next month! I'm trying to decide if I want to just be a regular human runner or zombie bait. There's no way I can pull off being a Zombie because I don't run fast enough, lol.

I'm kind of enjoying no meat in the evenings now because it's forcing me to eat more raw veggies if I miss out during the rest of the day. Gabi and I will go shopping for a cookbook or two for her this weekend. I think she's growing weary of salads all the time. I told her that I have some Paleo recipes, but I think she wants to disassociate the two. I'm cool with it.

That's all for now.

PrimalCon New York
    Wait... since when were zombies fast?!?! Granted they would grow nice and strong on a high fat high protien diet of brains and flesh

I think that Gabi going vegetarian is a good thing- I know that sounds crazy coming from a paleo but here's the deal; I see her going vegetarian as someone who is interested in bettering themselves. And at least she's choosing an avenue that is more natural. I'm assuming she'll start including bread and pasta again but at least she's taking a MORE wholistic approach than fad diets, powdered shakes, and restrictive eating. I think eventually her instincts will take over and guide her to the foods her body needs to survive. It may hurt in the process (and I hope it doesn't) but it's better than completely throwing her hormones for a ride.

I want to/feel like I should share this link with you for a good read (keep in mind she's authored 12? books on being vegan... so this was her livelyhood):

My Vegan Diet Caused Health Problems. Would Primal, Paleo, Or “Real Food” Be Better? Kristen's Raw

At the same time I wouldn't suggest showing Gabi just yet. Or really at all. I have a feeling she'd come to a similar conclusion

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast