Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 85

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My roommate keeps saying he wants to buy a pitter but never gets to it. Can I ask how you like yours?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I like the pitter. I could eat the cherries either way. It's just fun watching the pit being spit out.

I'm on Day 22 today of Whole30! Woo woo! I'm discovering that I do prefer the naturally occuring sugars that I find in fruit. It turns out that dates and some watermelon might be getting to sweet for me. Other than some extremely minor cross contamination from cheese, I've been doing really good. I don't forsee going to any events that will be serving extreme amount of sugar like the last time that I did this. I think I might be able to pull off the sugar free for much longer after I'm done.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

You're doing amazingly well! Only a few days left
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Woo woo! 3 more days! Ok, here's a snack that's maybe not completely whole30, but it works in a jiffy. Wrapping some Applegate Farms pepperoni around a pitted date and eating it. I'm sure that when I have the time that I will be able to add more to that, but it's something if you don't have a lot of time but you are starving because you haven't cooked dinner yet.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I see nothing wrong with the pepperoni and date. It's not perfect but I don't think it exceeds whole30 criteria

Today is my last day on Whole30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that I'm almost done because this time it seemed harder than the first time. My skin is clearer like it was the last time. I don't miss the chocolate as much and I've learned how to make some tasty stuff that doesn't include added sugars. Instead it works with the naturally occuring sugars in the food itself. I made my self some cream style pops the other day. I used coconut milk with watermelon, cinnamon, and some ginger for the first set. Then the other set has coconut milk with some over ripe bananas and strawberries. I had to add strawberries because the bananas where too sweet! Even compared to a date

I made some more homemade mayo last night. I'm getting much better at the consistency with which I make it! Now to just get the mustard recipe down

After today, I think I will go back to my easier breakfast recipes in the morning so that I can have more time to workout. I've realized that I enjoy my morning workouts because they get me pumped for the day. I'm debating on whether or not to keep my gym membership because I can really only go in the evenings, but I'm trying to use the split sleep schedule. I don't know this is going to work out for me. I might keep it because I do like using the swimming pool and I'm hoping to get Gabi started in swimming, if she'll take it.

What's the plan for the end of your whole30? are you going to continue on or are you looking to reinstate more primal ingredients back into your every day life?

Ecks, I'm not sure just yet. I have a wedding to attend next weekend. I did good with the last one that I went to and managed to avoid cake and other such stuff. I'm thinking eggs and maybe some small amounts of dairy in the form of cheese like feta or some other goat cheese. I can make some stuff for breakfast in the mornings with eggs that I can keep for a week and that will make my mornings just a little bit easier.

I love weddings! They are always a blast so long as you're not afraid of the dancefloor Who's getting hitched?

A couple from my small group is getting married. Another couple announced their engagement last night!!!!!!!!!!!! Ecks, I'm not afriad of the dancefloor unless I'm concerned about getting out there with someone that I might not want to dance with. That can be kind of awkward at times.

So, I tried out some foods yesterday and realized that I don't miss them. Tortilla chips? I ate about 1.5 and threw out the rest. Since I hosted group last night, I cooked. I almost sabotaged the corned beef! I thought that I had turned the crockpot on low, but I must have, out of habit of turning things off, turned it off before I left the house. Gabi called me around 11:30 to inform me that the crockpot was cold! Phew! Gabi to the rescue with that I made some homemade mayo and then turned it into a dip by using some onion and garlic powder then tossing in some herbs de provence. I ran out of the oil that I had specifically bought for the mayo, so I blended in some EVOO. I had to add some extra lemon and salt at the end to help with the EVOO flavor. That seemed to work out perfectly! A few people from group said that they liked the dipping sauce I did make the coconut cream style popsicles which seemed to go over well with some people. Watermelon Ginger Cinnamon for the first set and Banana Strawberry Nutmeg Cinnamon for the second set. I need to come up with some better names!

I don't think I miss the cheese that I ate noshed on last night. It just didn't seem right this time around. Since I don't have to worry too much about too many upcoming events where I might be around foods that I don't want to eat, I might just keep trucking along, but I'll probably still add eggs back in.

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast