Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 84

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to find one that's approved by our church to do on forgiveness. The last one that I did had some serious homework with it. I don't mind doing the homework, but I'm not sure everyone else likes that. We decided when we first formed our group that we wouldn't do homework stuff.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Homework stuff usually gets done at last minute. Kind of a pain sometimes!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks, that is so true!

I had a very busy day upon my departure from work yesterday. The Women's Leadership Forum had a group of us go to the Ronald McDonald House and cook dinner for the guests staying at the house. While I couldn't partake in any of the meal (volunteers were allowed to eat some of what they cooked), I did still help out. Thankfully my friend that was there knew that I couldn't stay for meal time since there would be nothing for me to eat.

I ended up going to Jasons again last night because I didn't have anything prepped for dinner when I left in the morning. I grabbed a cherry pitter from TJMaxx while I was there. WOOOOOAAAHHH! That thing is fun. Just a heads up, it gets messy if the cherries are at room temp. I need to get a back of cherries from the store just so I can use this thing. I see no down side to this whatsoever!

I did still manage to split my sleep time up even though I started out late. It's a little tougher, but I'm glad I did it. That gave me some time to get food ready for today and read the rest of Job. Job, Job, Job. Don't we all have at least one or two "friends" like his? I think we can even be guilty of being one of those friends. But seriously, they were all full of hot air! Guilty here too. Anywho....

July 25 Whole30 Day 4
    Meal 1: Seasoned cod with some sauteed zucchini
    Meal 2: The last of the sausage and salad with homemade salad dressing
    Meal 3: 1/2 New York Yankee with no bread or cheese and a side salad
    Snack before working at RMH: Cherries
    Drinks: Water and unsweet iced tea
    Exercise: Morning abs and push ups, squats while brushing teeth.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Yikes! I have like two days worth of food to list.

July 26 Whole30 Day 5
    Meal 1: Brisket, bacon, berries
    Meal 2: Lemon chicken with capers and salad
    Meal 3: This was sort of a meal. Plantains with a Bearded Bros bar. (No sugar added or needed. The flavor in those things is intense enough.)
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, push ups, and crucnhes

July 27 Whole30 Day 6
    Meal 1: Apple Chicken Sausage
    Meal 2: New York Yankee sans bread, side salad, and fruit
    Meal 3: Wedding food that was awesome! I got to watch a coworker marry an awesome woman! WOO WOO! Anyway, brats and sauerkraut, some more brisket, veggies, and some watermelon.
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.
    Exercise? Does walking around all over the place count?

I can't remember... Is Jason's a restaurant or a dude?
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lol, good one. If Jason's were just a dude, we probably wouldn't talk much, lol. That name and me don't seem to get along......

Time to catch up! Hopefully I can remember most of this from Sunday.....

July 28 Whole30 Day 7
    Meal 1: I think that I had bacon and some of the leftover chicken. I didn't have time to get veggies going that morning.
    Meal 2: Jason's California Club with no bread, I didn't eat the tomato, but I did have the guac, a side salad, and some fruit
    Meal 3: MOM COOKED DUCK! YUM! Can you tell that I enjoyed dinner? I did. It was great. Then she cooked up carrots and mint that was fresh from her garden. I also had some salad
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea
    Exercise: Morning dog walk

July 29 Whole30 Day 8
    Meal 1: Crap, I can't remember this one, but it was Primal of some sort
    Meal 2: Leftover duck, carrots, and 1 avocado
    Snack: Some liverwurst and I think some plantains
    Meal 3: Home mixed burgers, a few dates, and some bacon sweet potato fries
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, push ups, and crunches

July 30 Whole30 Day9
    Meal 1: Salmon with some sauteed onions and spinach
    Meal 2: Leftover burgers, salad, 1 avocado, some sweet tater fries, and some homemade mayo
    Meal 3: Some liverwurst, some plantains, and a couple of dates
    Exercise: Morning walk, push ups, and crunches
    Drink: Water

Ecks, the new way of walking has been helping my knees by leaps and bounds. Only when I'm wearing flip flops do I not walk the new way and I can tell when I go up the stairs. Now, if I can just get this to be like breating then maybe I can transfer this over to running somehow. That would be great!

It translates amazingly well to running! You'll notice that professional sprinters run that way because you can get quicker motion and more power out of your feet! Glad to hear that it's helping your knees!

I sure hope so Ecks! Man, I've been out for the past few days and I really need to get on here. I've managed to stay Whole30 the past so many days since I was last on here. That includes a tad bit of teasing from my sister on what she thinks is me just going with the latest fad diet. Oh well, I suppose when you have her metabolism on top of the other activities that she finds herself doing, I guess you can dog your sister out. Especially if you don't have any thyroid problems. I get it and I still love that punk anyway. I did feel a little bad about not having a drink with her, but not bad enough to let it get me down. I don't really drink very often so it doesn't bug me that much.

We did get to go to Dead Fish grill and I enjoyed some rather tasty Mahi Mahi while I was there. It's so nice to have a place that serves more than one time of fish on their "seafood" menu! Flounder would have been great, but I'm not pushing my luck with that.

I'm home one more day than I had planned on being because Gabi is getting over Strep throat that she managed to get while she was away. She's pretty much over it, but one more day at home with her is probably a good idea to make sure that she takes what the doctor prescribed for her. I hate amoxacillan, but I'm making her take it this time since she was sick for a while when she was on vacation. I have managed not to get her strep throat and I'm going to thank Whole30 for that one. I'm about 100% sure that because I was on this before going to pick her up I was able to avoid getting it myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Looks like Gabi is doing a little better since Monday. I'm at work today because I don't think I need another day at home to make sure that she's okay.

We did get to meet up with an old Army buddy from my first duty station yesterday. I always enjoy seeing him and his wife as they are pretty good company. I did finally get to see his VW Beetle, 1974 Orange.

Yesterday was day 16 for me on Whole30. Although I think that the sausage that I ate yesterday may have had some pepper, not like peppercorns, but some other pepper in it. I'm kind of sure my belly didn't like that any more than my tongue did. I forgot that that sausage was the spicey one until I started to eat it, lol. I made some more homemade mayo yesterday. I would like to say that it's kind of theraputic making the stuff because it takes a little bit of time, but it's pretty much the same thing when you whisk it until it thickens.

I took Roxy out for a morning walk for the first time since before I went on vacation. I think that she thought we were going to far because we walked after sunrise and it was getting a little warm outside. It was only just over 1 mile! I made sure that she had pleny of water when we got back home though.

August 6 Whole30 Day 16
    Meal 1: Leftover Mustard glazed chicken and some zucchini
    Meal 2: 1.5 Bacon and Pork Sausage with some sauteed onions and mushrooms
    Meal 3: Fajita meat and onions with some guacomole
    Desert: CHERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stop using the cherry pitter. I might have a problem. That is all
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.

Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast