Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 83

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had such a great birthday yesterday! I was sad to let Gabi go off to CO without me for the week but glad that she's with church camp and much needed time with friends.

The ribs that I had for lunch were delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom took me out for dinner to Texas Roadhouse and we sat and chatted for a while. Man it was so nice to have an intellegent conversation with Mom and not hear anything about any health issues! That was probably a great birthday present. That and the fact that she avoided getting the entire place to sing me happy birthday was nice I ended the night at Barnes and Noble with a non Primal Lemon Bar. I'm not mad at myself for eating it, but I was slightly dissappointed with the crust of the bar. Maybe next time I will follow my instinct and not eat it? I think maybe I just won't have another one.....

My poor dog! I woke up to a nice little surprise from her All over the carpet. I couldn't really get mad at her because I could tell she wasn't feeling 100%. She's in her kennel for the day so that if she does get sick again, she doesn't get it everywhere. I hope she's feeling a little bit better by the time that I get home.

Monday July 15
    Meal 1: Meat loaf and bacon and one raw evolution bar
    Meal 2: Ribs and salad
    Snack: Some rib tips
    Meal 3: Salad, steak, mushrooms, and steamed veggies
    Birthday snack: Lemon bar
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday! So sorry I missed it being out in ecuador!

Also really glad to hear that mom didn't bring up any health problems... could it be a sign that they are fading?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks, no it's not a sign. It's mostly because I told her that she wasn't allowed that topic of conversation at my birthday dinner.

Ok, I started my official round 2 of Whole30 yesterday! I have nothing getting in the way this time. Gabi is gone for another two weeks. This will help me stay on target. Even when we go to pick her up from my sisters place at the end of the two weeks, I'm not going to get into trouble with this. I know that I will get hounded by said sister, but I'm not concerned about her opinion. She doesn't have to live with hypothyroidism.

I went to go see Shakespeare in the Canyon last night with some of my friends from my Wednesday study group. What an awesome performance by the cast! Most of them are members of the Texas musical drama that Palo Duro Canyon does every summer. The setting was a more intimate one and the props were minimal. I did get slightly distracted once or twice by some bats flying around. Now make no mistake that this scared me. I was hoping one of them would land somewhere close by, but no luck, lol. I also saw a fox on my home last night! I love foxes!

I did enjoy the last of my homemade mayonnaise last night. I am following the autoimmune Whole30, but I kind of think that since they are only concerned with the egg white, my mayo is a safe thing

July 22 Whole30 Day1
    Meal 1: Mustard glazed chicken with sauteed mushrooms and onions
    Meal 2: 1 bratwurst, some saurkraut, some salad with no dressing (not so good when there's radicchio involved), and some avocado
    Snack: Some mayo and some veggie, but I can't remember what it was
    Meal 3: Mustard glazed chicken
    Exercise: Morning dog walk.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I've gotta join you for a whole30... Been struggling with carbohydrates since getting home because half of the meals in ecuador were made with rice... and for some stupid (and delicious reason) I drank juice there. The juice was always fresh made so I figured why not? but now I know why not.

What's the basic recipe for your mustard chicken?
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Ecks, the mustard chicken recipe is fairly easy. It's from Pratcial Paleo cook books. I'll try to replicate it the best that I can on here.

8 chicken thighs with skin
    4 tbsp butter or coconut oil
    2 tbsp gluten free mustard
    1 tsp of sage salt (ratio is 2:1 mix, I use sea salt)

I think the oven should be set to 425 F.

Make sure that your chicken is at room tempurature. Rinse, if needed, and pat dry. Melt the butter or coconut oil. Add the mustard and sage salt and stir until thick (it's not the same thickness with the coconut oil as it is the butter). Brush this over the chicken and cook for 45 minutes or until it reaches 165F.

I usually cook 4 pieces at a time, so you really only need to halve the recipe, which is pretty easy.

I'm trying a few new things this week while Gabi is gone. Mark had a post a while back about sleep and how people used to sleep for so many hours, get up and do stuff, then go back to sleep. I tried this out somewhat successfully yesterday. I woke up a few times before I needed to, but all in all it worked. I was less stressed about getting dinner together and getting stuff done around the apt the first time I woke up. It also allowed me a night walk with Roxy since it was too hot to walk her when the sun was still out. The second thing is my walking. I walk pigeon toed, which I've known for a long time. The thing that's the problem right now is the fact that my knees hurt when going back up the stairs to my apartment. I kept thinking that this was odd because I wasn't running and putting added stress on my knees. So I did some research online about the anatomy of my knee and the possible effects of pigeon toe walking. I also have problems with my feet from time to time. I'm not normally a heel-to-toe walker either. I'm trying this out right now. This means I have to be extremely mindful of my walking and remind myself to walk heel-to-toe. It's been working so far. My knees don't hurt as much and my inner thighs are getting a good workout like they should.

July 23, Whole30 Day2
    Meal 1: Cod seasoned with salt, pepper, dill, and garlic powder with some sauteed mushrooms and onions
    Meal 2: Pork chop seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, with some coconut aminos, salad, and watermelon balls with basil (YUMMY!)
    Meal 3: Other pork chop wtih some pineapple
    Meal 4: 1 homemixed burger and some bacon cooked sweet potato fries with 3 pieces of bacon. I might have been able to get away without this meal last night, but I was slightly hungry.
    Exercise: One night walk with Roxy.

I'm curious about your heal-to-toe walking... I ask because I usually just walk on the pads of my feet (often with my heels raised slightly but moreso just focusing around my toes spreading as I land on the cushiony part of my foot near the front). I've found that reducing the amount that I use my heels while walking to be the most beneficial.

Not only do I walk pigeon toed, but I also roll on the outside of my feet. I used to do this for drill and ceremony way back in the day for competition purposes. It reduced the amount of bounce that I had in my step so as to make the walking look smoother. If you ever looked at my old Army boots you would see the wear. Even my footprints reflect this habit. When I'm barefoot, I don't walk that way.

Maybe minimalist shoes will help keep you planted then?

I'm actually wearing my minimalist shoes every day at work. Well, the ones that work for being on hard ground all day. My other shoes were about to fall apart, so I needed some new ones. I like these news ones for work. I've kept the other ones for trail hiking when I can't go barefoot due to loose gravel and whatnot.

The book Crazy Love has really been getting under my skin in the best way possible. I'm so glad that we are reading this right after Not a Fan. Talk about some serious conviction! I always enjoy listening to what others think when we are discussing stuff in our study group.

Yesterday was good for food. I ended up buying some stuff from Jason's Deli because I did my two hours of sleep before going to group. I had asked them for some mayo with the meat that I ordered. I was sort of bummed when they gave me the packaged stuff, but it turns out that was a good thing. I opted not to use it once I looked on the list. No sugar sneak ups!!!!!!

We got some more rain last night and it's raining again this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO WOO! I'm loving this because we need it so much right now.

July 24th Whole30 Day 3
    Meal 1: Home mixed sausage patties. My own virgin colada mixed with coconut milk, pineapple, ice, and frozen cherries. YUM!
    Meal 2: Leftover burgers with avocado and the last of the sweet potato fries
    Meal 3: Hot pastrami and side salad
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, squats while brushing my teeth, 50 crunches, and only 10 push ups

I've been hearing about both books frequently now. I might have to buy both for myself. (Turns out that my bible study already chose a september study called "Transformational church" I remember voting on it but I didn't realize that it's been ordered.

Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast