Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 82

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I did an ice cream over the weekend as well... frozen banana, fresh strawberry, and a touch of milk to soften it all up. Threw it in a food processor and used blueberries for mix'ins

I'm jealous that you have a canyon close enough by that you could go for hikes. Best I've got is man made forest trails. Gotta love the barefoot walks! And the stares people give you to go with them
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    My friends ask me why I barefoot. Well, why not? I like it.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I tried something last night that I'm not sure we're going to do again. Gabi and I took Roxy to the free music in the park thing. She might have been okay had we not sat directly behind a family with two small dogs. She didn't attack anyone, but she was ready to go at a moments notice. She did get spoiled with some lamb meat balls though

I'm beginning to think that the summer months are when I really want fruit more than I do vegetables. There seems to be a wider variety available to try out. I did roast of some figs last night, but I think that I should have let them stay in the oven a little longer to get a little crisp to them. I think I've also realized that when it's approaching that time of the month I get a craving for cheese along with chocolate. Mostly like a good sharp cheddar cheese. Thankfully Market Street United has one that is absolutely outstanding.

Tuesday July 2nd
    Meal 1: Sausage and spinach
    Meal 2: Leftover from the roast chicken that I had cooked up last week. Salad and one avocado
    Snack: Some sharp cheddar cheese and one Raw Evolution bar
    Meal 3: Lamb meatballs, some roasted figs, some cherries, and some pineapple
    Exercise: One morning dog walk.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

ecks is offline Senior Member
    You going to risk taking roxy to fireworks tomorrow night? I know the pups at the place I'm staying at were freaked out by fireworks going off around the house. We didn't take them out to fireworks but any time neighborhood fireworks went off they got upset.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Oh no, I wouldn't take my dog near fireworks. The fact that other people will be out at these places with their dogs and fireworks is just a recipe for disaster. We went to the ball game that night instead.

Man o man has it been just a little crazy at my place over the past few days! We had a very busy weekend and yesterday didn't seem to slow down too much either.

Gabi and I walked a new trail out PDC called the Rock Garden Trail. I'll post pictures later on when I remember to take my camera upstairs. We have new downstairs neighbors who have a dog. I'm back to planning my meals out for the evenings because it's much easier for me to get things done that way. I've opted to let some night shades back in from time to time and to let myself have eggs once in a while. Tonight I'm going to cook up some moussaka using the recipe that Mark has on this site. Oh yeah! Gabi and I are going to run, that's right run, a 5K together. It's a Zombie 5k that is being held in October. That gives me plenty of time to train right. She's pretty excited about it as well.

Man, I had a little bit of a nasty headache try to creep up on me. I managed to keep it at bay with some coffee, but I ended up adding some chocolate to it because I just can't do regular coffee with only creamer. The headache went away, thankfully, but I was HYPER!

Monday July 8th
    Meal 1: Cod and some sauteed green bell pepper cooked in bacon grease. 4 pcs bacon
    Meal 2: I had some leftovers of some chicken that I had cooked a few days prior, but something was off. That threw off the rest of my meal, so I barely touch the salad that I had put together
    Drink that I conside a snack: Coffee with some chocolate
    Snack at home because I was hungry: Sharp white cheddar cheese
    Meal 3: Hot pastrami and side salad from Jason's Deli
    Drinks: Water, coffee, and tea
    Exercise: Sprint training with Roxy on our morning walk; 3 sets of 10 pushups, 16 lunges out, 50 crunchies, & 16 lunges back; Upper body day at the gym

Gym note: When I go to the gym sometimes I see these buff chicks so I use them as my motivation because they are usually lifting heavier than most of the other women are. They don't seem to be afraid of gaining muscle and that's awesome. I got there a little later than usual because we did our grocery shopping yesterday. That meant the chicks that I usually see there weren't there or were leaving. So, I ended up using this guy as my motivation because he wasn't piddling around. He was getting it done son! That's awesome to me. I'm not a fan of the people that hang out in groups and take forever to get through 1 set.

Ciao!

Wow did I need some serious sleep last night. I was ready to pass out by the time Gabi and I got home last night. I wonder if adding cherries to the virgin colada that I made last night helped out just a little bit.

I made one of Gabi's favorite dishes last night, but I think I used the wrong recipe. I used the one that I like versus the one that she likes. I won't really have a chance to make it again for a few more weeks because she is about to be gone for a while come next Monday. This might be one of those times where I feel like I failed as a mom, but I'll get over it.

Tuesday July 10th
    Meal 1: 3 fried eggs, 4 pcs bacon, and some sauteed spinach
    Meal 2: 2 home mixed sausages with some salad and homemade dressing
    Snack: Some parm cheese and a handful of cashews heated with some unsalted Kerry Gold Butter, and a few fried (not breaded) slices of eggplant
    Meal 3: Moussaka using Marks recipe
    Drinks: Water, the last bit of iced tea in the fridge, and my own version of a pina colada sans alcohol. It's a mix of cut up pineapple, ice, some canned coconut milk, and this time I added some frozen cherries.
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and then a 1m run in the evening.

WOO WOO! Check out the birthday cake that my small group leader made for me! It doesn't get any more gluten free than this! I think I ate about 1/4 of that cake because it was watermelon. The one time I pigged out on cake and didn't feel guilty about it. My birthday isn't until next Monday, but I think they wanted to make sure that I would actually be there for my cake this year since I missed it last year, lol.
    Best birthday cake ever.jpg

Man did I have a hard time getting out of bed yesterday morning. I tried to convince myself that I could be up only an hour before I needed to be at work. My alarm failed to go off because my phone battery died. I still woke up at about the time that I needed to. Then I set my other alarm and went back to sleep. I knew that I wouldn't have to cook breakfast or lunch because I had leftovers. I fought with myself until I fell asleep again. The lesson that I learned is that I do have to be up a
    few hours before work becuase I need the time to piddle around.

I did try Marks suggestion on the bath thing, again, last night. I also bought some Magnesium spray. I will say that I slept great last night. The only reason that I woked up in the middle of the night was because I had to go to the bathroom after eating so much watermelon. My muscles aren't as sore today. I like this idea with the warm bath better than the ice cold one, but the ice cold one is always nice after a run.

Wednesday July 10th
    Meal 1: Brisket and Bacon. Two Raw Evolution bars.
    Meal 2: roasted chicken and turkey with a small salad
    Snack: Bearded Bros Chocolate coconut bar

I have learned a lesson from yesterday: I must eat my veggies in the morning and afternoon or I will crave not so great food when I get home and not stop myself from eating it. I ate the rest of the Pirate's Booty puffs that I had bought for Gabi. It's done now, there's nothing that I can do about it. Sidenote: If you per chance decide to watch Episodes of Torchwood becuase you are a Doctor Who fan, don't watch it with your kids. NSFK's.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cooking stuff for a boxer? Roxy seems to be a little bit off lately. I switched her food because she basically decided she didn't like the other stuff. I noticed something was off with the bag of food that I usually by her when I went to the store last week. It doesn't give me an address for the company or even any information if it's imported. So I switched to the I and Love and You brand. It's made here in the states and there's information available for it. I know that doesn't guarantee that it's the best stuff, but it's a step in the right direction. Gabi told me yesterday that sometimes she just doesn't want to do much even when she's inside in the AC. It gets pretty hot here during the summer so we try to keep her cooled off inside. She was fine when I got home last night. Gabi will be leaving next Monday for a week, then next Saturday she will be gone for another 2 weeks with her Aunt. I wonder if Roxy has figured out that it's about to be just me and her.

Thursday July 11
    Meal 1: 2 home mixed sausage patties and some bacon
    Meal 2: Moussaka
    Snack: Some cashews and then some of the puffs
    Meal 3: 2 bison burgers
    Drinks: Water with trace minerals added, some sea salt, and a splash of lemon. Regular water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a weekend filled with Non Paleo things and I'm not afraid to admit it. I went to a friends Bridal Shower on Saturday and she mentioned to me that none of the snacks were going to be gluten free. I informed her that I was aware that this would be the case. The party wasn't about me at all, so it's all good! My new skirt did enjoy some of my red velvet cake cupcake though, lol. So much so that it decided to keep some of the color as a reminder. I fixed that once I got home. I knew that this past weekend would happen the way that it did food wise. I've let it go and am moving on.

Gabi left this morning for her week in Colorado. When I got to work, there was a serving pan of ribs waiting for me at my work desk! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are about the best ribs you will ever taste in your life. They were a birthday present from one of my coworkers. He asked me if I was cool with him hooking them up with some bbq sauce and I said that was all right by me. I did manage to grab a salad at the store before getting into work since I knew that I would need some veggies.

Mom is taking me out to dinner tonight to a place that has some Primal friendly food on the menu. I don't plan on pigging out though. I need to make sure that I can take Roxy out for an evening walk since we didn't get to have ours this morning.

Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast