Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 81

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just one of those days yesterday at work. Then almost as soon as I get home my mom calls me to tell me she has superventricular taychardia and they are going to do a procedure to find out what's causing it. Let me just stop and say that I really didn't handle this well because she called almost right as I walked in the door from a bad and long day at work. I told her that my day was long and rough and I had just worked two ten hour days prior to this and that I had to go to work today and tomorrow as well. So after I got the information about the procedure and that she needed me to take her in for it, she wanted to explain what it was. I stopped her and informed her that I didn't want to hear about it until I had a nap and some time to relax. I know that I was being harsh, but I would have snapped at my mom.

I'm also going to say that if I hear another excuse out of her about eating gluten, I will snap. I hate having to give my mom a hard time over this, but she needs it. I don't want to hear it anymore.

The upside to yesterday was that while I was doing some volunteer work for America Supports You Texas, I wasn't thinking about her or work. All I could think about was collecting money at a bucket drop thing to help this program out. It was GREAT to get my mind off of the crap from the day and do something to help veterans (I am one too) and deployed troops. I get to do some more work for them today

Also, I bought some new shoes for work! Woo woo! They are bright too. I bought some new Merrell dash glove 2's. The arch support on these things is great! My arches actually hurt a little because I haven't had support on them for a while, but I'm okay with that.

Friday June 21
    Meal 1: Home mixed sausage patties and a carrot
    Meal 2: Home mixed burgers, some salad with some dressing, some pineapple, and 1 avocado
    Snack because dinner was going to be after volunteering: 1 Bearded Bros Coconut Mango energy bar
    Meal 3: 2 burger patties with some mayo and a greek salad sans that feta cheese cause I think they got my order wrong. Oh, and some bacon
    Exercise: One morning dog walk and then the volunteer stuff because I was walking for the most part.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I overslept on the morning that I was supposed to be in at work. I completely forgot to check my alarm clock last night to make sure that it was set for this morning. So, this girl brough in food for the guys. Now usually the deal is that if you are late then you have to bring in doughnuts. NOT for me. I can't drive up to the doughnut place and be able to live with myself afterwards. It's just wrong. I'm not saying that the food that I brought in was 100% better, but they did get deviled eggs, some mini muffins and some veggies. The store that I would normally stop in at didn't have enough of their breakfast burritos made by the time I got there and I didn't have time to wait for them to make more. The deviled eggs are almost all gone.

Yesterday was much better! Work wasn't as hectic as it usually tends to be during the week. I got the last of my volunteer work done and it's nice to see that so many people want to support by donating I'm actually looking forward to doing more work with this group since they support our troops and veterans

Foodwise, I had an okay day yesterday. I even had some pistachio nuts, which I haven't had in a long time. I did have some of Famous Dave's chips at dinner. Gabi had ordered me some water, like I asked, since I had to use the restroom. I was slightly parched from being outdoors earlier. When I sat down and started to gulp down the water, the waitress asked me if water was okay since that's what my kid had ordered for me. I just gave her a thumbs up because all I could think about was water! lol. Gabi told her what I had been doing prior to dinner so she asked about the program.

Saturday June 22
    Meal 1: Bacon
    Meal 2: Greek chicken salad
    Snack: Pistachios
    Meal 3: Burnt ends appetizer from Famous Daves with some of their chips..
    Drinks: Water and more water!
    Exercise: Walking during the volunteer thing.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

ecks is offline Senior Member
    How's the stress levels today? And how did things go with mum in the aftermath? I know it's something you don't like to talk about it but sharing may help over internalizing it.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sunday dinner was good. I kind of felt bad because we left before I got the dishes donw. I was on a little bit of a schedule though since I wanted to get grocery shopping done and then get out to see if I could catch the supermoon. She goes in next Monday for the procedure to see what's causing the problem. Man, I really don't like being harsh with my mom, but sometimes she needs it.

Yesterday's link about depression and socializing got me thinking about Mom too. Hmmm.

I did make the coconut macadamia nut frozen bar things. I think I might not need as much sea salt since I'm using the salt that hasn't been completely dried, lol. I had one yesterday. I might not have needed it because I found it hard to get to bed last night since I ate one so late!

Sunday June 23
    Meal 1: Brisket and bacon
    Snack: The yellows of 2 of the deviled eggs that I bought
    Meal 2: Salad with chicken
    Snack: Bearded Bros Coconut Mango energy bar
    Meal 3: ELK!!!!!!!!!!! burger (that was a first and it's pretty tasty) with a salad and homemade dressing. I had some pineapple granita that Mom made. It had some ginger in it. That was pretty tasty
    Drinks: Water and tea.
    Exercise: No morning walk since I was late to work. I was on my feet most of the day at work.

Were the bars any good? It's very rare that I find myself drawn to making mark's recipes. They just don't jump out to me.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

The bars were ok, but I need to not add as much salt because I used sea salt that hasn't been fully dried. I used his roasted chicken recipe as a base line for some chicken that I cooked up the other night. Man, it was yum! Roxy approves of it too. Gabi didn't seem all that interested.
    Side note about Gabi, the chicken, and myself: I was loosening the skin and when she walked in and shot video of me doing so, I turned around and said, "I'll bet I've been fresher with this chickens skin than the rooster ever was!" What I didn't know was that she was on facetime. LOL! I think I made her blush a little bit...

We have a thing called Starlight Theater here on Tuesday nights. It's usually local bands that play for free out at one of our local parks that has a stage. Last night our ears were treated to a band called The Barefoot Movement. They were a bluegrass band that wasn't local, but they were GREAT! Of course the name probably helped them earn some points with me I ran into some friends and indulged in a little bit of moscatto. Mom was there and we got to see her new car. She managed to be more positive last night and not divulge too much in her health issues.

Tues June 26
    Meal 1: Home mixed sausage and some spinach
    Meal 2: Some leftovers from the roasted chicken (it didn't dry out when I reheated it!), some of the sauce, a salad with homemade dressing, and 1 avocado
    Snack: Some hard sharp cheddar cheese
    Meal 3: 1.5 home mixed burgers, some broccoli, dijon mustard, pineapple (not the dried kind, but the kind that I butchered in the kitchen ), some moscatto, a strawberry, and some more cheddar.
    Drinks: Water and some moscatto
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and leg day at the gym.

I'm going to check out the barefoot movement online. They must have presence somewhere!

Sounds like you're feelin good!

I was feeling pretty good yesterday I heard from a friend that I haven't seen in a while. Work has still been really crazy to deal with because we are going through that summer rush right now. I hate this time of year at work. It drains me, but I'm working to find a way to keep my energy levels up so that I'm not down by the time I get home.

Ecks....My kid. I'm so ready to move out of this town and away from certain people. I know that I can't avoid these types of people and that they'll be wherever we go. I'm just tired of dealing with this one person in particular. We've been fine for a while, but every once in a while she tries to see if I'll come around. It stresses me out when she does it especially when I'm slammed at work. I hate this, but I know that I have to do the right thing.

Food was awesome last night. Juanita cooked up this really awesome pulled pork dish. I feel bad now because I ate so much of it and didn't know that the leftovers would be her lunch for the next two days She did tell me that she would teach me the recipe.

Wednesday June 26
    Meal 1: 3 sausage patties and spinach with some bacon
    Meal 2: Leftover burgers, broccoli, an avocado, and a pluot
    Snack: The last of my cheddar cheese and one more of those energy bars
    Meal 3: Pulled pork with spicy mustard, some olives, and some pickles.
    Drinks: Water, tea, and more water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the building at work, and Upper Body at the gym.

Mmm... pulled pork!

So then are you two (you and gabi) considering the idea of moving then?

Ecks, we're considering it at the end of the year.

Mom's surgery went well. I would still like to through a water bottle at her head. *sighs* I can't control her eating stuff that isn't good for her. She just doesn't get it anymore. I'm done feelin sorry for her. Actually I was done a long time ago. If she doesn't care, then I'm not going to waste my breath or time to bother with it.

I did get to go barefoot hiking on Saturday! I took Roxy on her first hike out at Palo Duro Canyon! That was fun and interesting. It was just me and the dog. I might take her again on Thursday if it's not too packed the first thing in the morning. I just need to get there when the gates open. She also got in the water with me! WOO WOO! It's next to impossible to get Roxy to go in the water, but she's starting to trust me more.

Food wise, I myself could have done just a little bit better. I did have some coconut ice cream on Sunday. It was made with actual coconut milk and the manager mixed it up for me because I was curious to try it. Some of the others in my Sunday group gave it a go and enjoyed it as well. When I was at the hospital with mom I ordered a chai. Headsmack, next time I do that, I'll ask what they use to make theirs with. I got some extra stuff in there that I didn't want, but I drank it anyway.

Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast