Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 80

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning has started off with some rain, YAYAYAYAYAYAY! The clouds outside were looking kind of scary at first because we could see some wall clouds. It's just pouring down rain as of right now. I am so happy about this! We need this so bad right now. Happy Rain Dance TIME!

In other news, I made a smoothie last night using canned coconut milk. Yum! I even used some of my own homemade vanilla extract. I've been brewing this for about 8 months now. It smells so good I used some of the berries in the fridge and a capful of maple syrup. We took these with us to go listen to a friends band play at Bahama Bucks. I didn't really have the money to get Gabi a snow cone, so we made our own smoothies. Now the funny thing right now is that I forgot that I left our chairs in the back of my truck, lol. They are getting soaked by the rain right now! Man, I should have just put some soap on them to let the rain clean them.

Tuesday June 18
    Meal 1: Tilapia cooked in bacon fat with some sauteed rainbow chard
    Meal 2: Leftover mustard glazed chicken, leftover fajita meat, leftover zucchini-yellow squash-onions-mushrooms mix, and one pluot
    Snack: Banana chips cooked in coconut oil
    Meal 3: Pork chops seasoned with Chinese 5 spice, cooked in bacon grease with diced apple. Then I cooked the apple in some apple peach wine and let that reduce. I covered the pork chops with the reduction sauce. Steamed broccoli with some butter. (IS THE BUTTER GRASS FED?!!!)
    Dessert: Smoothie comprising of ice, canned coconut milk, homemade vanilla extract, berries, and a capful of maple syrup.
    Drinks: Water and a smoothie
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and upper body day at the gym.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Ecks, I wonder if it maybe is just the earliness of hot weather before summer is actually here that has me craving certain fruits. Can I still do Whole30 with this problem? I've been really craving pineapple even more since the last time I brought it up. The dried stuff is really good. It's not too sweet and it has a tart taste that I like. Maybe I should just go with the Whole30 guidelines for the most part, as far as hypothyroidism, and leave the fruits in because I'm not eating that many. I did have a pluot today that was rather tasty
    Not seeing why pineapple is not Whole30. It's perfectly acceptable (hell, I'd almost encourage it). It's a better form of sugar than most and it's still coming from a whole food. Realize that like with all sugars in nature the more sugar the food has the more fiber it has to break it down. Now that being said I'd bail on the dry fruit. You've got a much higher sugar to satiation ratio and you're more likey to over indulge. Slice open a proper pineapple and go to town on it! Eat the centre as well because that's where a lot of the digestive fibers live.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    I made a smoothie last night using canned coconut milk. Yum! I even used some of my own homemade vanilla extract. I've been brewing this for about 8 months now. It smells so good I used some of the berries in the fridge and a capful of maple syrup.

...(IS THE BUTTER GRASS FED?!!!)...
    My dear you must try putting frozen banana's in your smoothies! (And maybe some cocoa powder!). Makes a rich and thick smoothie that rivals restaurant milkshakes!

Glad you liked the video I posted!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Gabi got a good laugh out of it too, lol.

Who here has friends that sell Herbalife or Shakeology? I'm about to take those containers and packets into my hands and then throw them into these straight line winds that we have going on outside in hopes that they will disappear! I feel the overwhelming need to smack someone upside the head in the same fashion that I do to my kid when she does something absolutely assinine. The people that I see using them do not benefit from them. I want to step in and say something, but I feel like it's just a waste of time. I know that they are trying to make money, but why not do it in another manner?

"It's low in calories, but it packs like 15 grams of protien in each shake."

Uhm, get a clue about the sweetener. Freaking eat a steak! Throw some veggies in there. I just want to throw a steak and a salad at their head. Should of had a paleo meal for lunch! Headsmack. I must remain calm.

Anyway Ecks, I do enjoy a nice fresh pineapple. I could eat the whole thing all to myself and have come close to it a few times. I did buy some fresh figs (well as fresh as they are going to get here) the other day that I plan on roasting with some rosemary from my garden.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Mmm.... Whenever I think figs I think feta or blue cheese inside... dates too really... But yeah, stuff with feta and blue cheese, fry up with some black peppercorns and DAMN! absolutely delicious

That does sound rather tasty!

Back to working longer hours and more overtime..... It's like as soon as summer break for Gabi hit, BAM! We need to to be at work more. Ugh. Just need to remember to save up the money.

We did get to enjoy some sun yesterday before the clouds started to threaten more rain. I enjoy getting my daily dose of sun by the pool!

Wednesday June 19
    Meal 1: Brisket, bacon, and some raw fruits and veggies
    Meal 2: Leftovers of the pork and broccoli and one pluot
    Snack: The last of my banana chips
    Meal 3: New York Yankee sans bread and cheese with a side salad
    Snack at group: Grapes
    Exercise: None. I took a nice relaxing bath because my legs were a little stiff from the spring training the day prior. I'm glad that Mark posted about the bathing. I might consider trying a trial period with some of those suggestions, when I have the time, lol
    Drinks: Water and tea

This is Gabi and me before The Color Run.
    7287_10201060919702343_1228405651_n.jpg

This is us after The Color Run
    999396_10201061287951549_471380141_n.jpg

Wow, talk about being worn out from work yesterday. Poor Gabi. I came home and passed out on the couch while she was playing with the dog. I almost didn't cook dinner, but I got around to it.

Thursday June 20th
    Meal 1: Home mixed sausage patties with some real uncured bacon and some sauteed mushrooms
    Meal 2: Salmon, salad with homemade dressing, a pluot, and 1 small avocado
    Snack: Bearded Bros energy bar (I got the one that was primal) and some plantains
    Meal 3: 2 home mixed burger patties. I used some of the fresh rosemary from my garden.
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk with sprint training (Roxy REALLY hates sprinklers, so we had to run on the road for parts of it) and one walk around the building at work. Quick ab workout in the morning.

Oh yeah. One of the maintenance guys asked me about my container garden. I guess he wanted to know what kind of plants or flowers that I was growing. When I told him it was mostly food stuff, he smiled.

Anyone ever tell you you're a hot mom? Am I allowed to? If not too late... You're a hot mom! And strong too! Gabi is slightly bigger than you and you've got her up on your shoulders like it's nothing! Good on you strong woman! Hope you had fun!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you I had help trying to stand up after I had her on my shoulders. I told her that it's much easier to do when there is a pool involved! Who wants to play chicken?!

Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast