Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 8

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I'm not sure if I did or not. Man, I think I might have to eat my words a little bit here. Maybe fresh start today? Sort of like Pam and Cajun are doing?

Yesterday was supposed to be a really awesome day come afternoon time. I was supposed to go with the man on a hike, just he and I. Then we were supposed to have dinner here at my place with our kids and go to the drive in. Due to circumstances way beyond my control, that didn't happen. All is forgiven, but I was too upset last night to even have them come with us. In the interest of keeping my cool and not saying anything mean or nasty, I asked him not to go. However, Gabi and I went. They usually show a double feature, but we only stayed for one since I really need to get to Youth Group Cafe on time today.

L: 2 slices bacon, 5 almond crackers

S: (here's the first almost sabotage) a few tbsps of Gabi's gluten free instant brownie mix. Like I spit out the third spoonful when I saw how many carbs were in the complete serving itself. I almost had a heart attack! Jeeze, it had almost enough for my whole day! 1/2 serving Chocolate XOXOX 77% Dark Chocolate. 1 tbsp of my chocolate almond butter

D: Cheesy burgers! Made with 85/15% grass fed beef, about 2/3 tsp minced garlic, about 1 tsp minced shallots, not sure how much salt, and a few pinches of pepper. I let that mix sit in the fridge for a few hours to marinade. Before shaping the patties, I used Organic Valley's (it was on sale today!) Sharp Cheddar Block and grated about a cup's worth of cheese. Then they cooked on their on in their own fat. Mixed salad with some homemade dressing. Man, those burgers were AWESOME! Sort of mad that man messed up yesterday cause I know he would have liked them.

S: I'm not sure how many I had, but I snacked on some watermelon cut outs. Side note, you can bring your own food and drinks to this drive in. 2nd sabotage: I ate two servings worth of Boulder's Gluten-Free chips in the Spinach and Artichoke flavor.

Drinks: Made some homemade chocolate coconut milk. I managed to not even get most of the cocoa powder mixed in. It was still good. Water

Workouts: 10 minute Trainer Total Body, then half of the Yoga Flex (I had to cut that short since I needed to get my hike in for the day). Walked to Natural Grocers to get supplies for dinner, so that was like 1.25 miles.
    Basic Primal Workout:
    Push ups: 1 set: 25 in 1:05 mins 2 set: 25 in 1:08 mins
    Squats: 1 set: 75 2 set: 75
    Pull ups: 1 set: 1 UNASSISTED! 2 set: 1 UNASSISTED!
    Plank: 1 set: 1:05 mins 2 set: 33 secs
    Walked another 1.5 miles on the trails out at Wildcat Bluff. I'll post some pictures later. No wildlife yesterday I think I need to get there earlier to see them.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

However, I didn't gain any weight or body fat yesterday. So, this is good news.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I think today would be a perfect day for you to start over. We'd love to have you join the destress group. primalcajun is the moderator, so it should be great fun. Do join if you have the time. Not sure how the groups work, but it would be fun to have everyone in one place, so to speak. I'm trying to think of just one stress issue to deal with in a positive way. It will probably be my mom -- but more on that over there. I love reading what you eat! Some fun combinations. And, hey, am I the only one on here who doesn't like dark chocolate? Makes me very uncool:-)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I love start overs!! And My new mantra every morning is yay!amother start over Even if the day before was a good day! doesn't make sense but it is working for meYes please join our group!

Joined! Thanks It's a beautiful Palm Sunday today!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    so glad you joined Alessandra! I hope you enjoy it & get something out of it!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Alessandra, I saw you on the destress group and have now subscribed to your journal .
    You and your girl are really pretty, you sound like a fun mum!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks Candy (One of my neighborhood friends during my teenage years is named Candy) I read your post earlier in the destress group as well. Sounds like you have a handful in your house too!

So, I didn't post about yesterday because we had company. Man came over with his daughter. This was my first time meeting her and she's a cute little red head. Very full of questions and energy. I say, that's the mark of a smart kid. My daughter was like, WOAH! I reminded her that she was once the same way at 3. We had fun when they came over, played outside in the big lawn in between the apartment buildings.

S: 1 oz macadamia nuts during Small Group.
    L: Two left over cheesy burgers
    S: Chocolate almond butter, about 2 tbsps
    D: Mom's beef stew with about 1/4 c cooked wild rice. I had a scoop of her sugar free (splenda doesn't taste so good anymore, btw) ice cream. I have no recollection of what flavor it was

I think I'm missing some food here, but yesterday was sort of strange to me. Like, had a minor car accident. I was clipped from behind while driving under the I-40 overpass. Today, while I was driving Gabi home, I was sort of freaked out a tad by how many people were cutting me off or just jumping in front of me. People are really bad, it seems, around here with that. It's not just young drivers, it's everyone. For a town this size, you'd be surprised how many vehicles drive around with dents in them.

Anyways, workout was 10 Min Trainer Lower Body and Abs. I would have done cardio, but my legs were feeling it from the squats the day before! Man, had to soak in an epsom salt bath this morning. Went to bed late cause Man stayed late since I lost track of time. Thankfully I slept great last night. Hoping we can plan a fun day at the park that's right up the road from here.

I'll post about today later. Time to make some Lemony Chicken Piccata (yes, it's my favorite dish to cook and super freaking easy).

Okay, tonight, I'm going to try to get through some other people's journals after I post about yesterday and today. First thing I noticed, that if I don't post for a day, I think I can just do whatever I want and it's all going to be fine, no big deal. Whatever. Hmm, accountability doesn't work that way! Surprisingly, we touched on that subject tonight at my Tues Night Small Group. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll start with yesterday. Oh my goodness was it busy yesterday at work. Testing in the morning, flight line in the afternoon. I learned that I am still a white girl who needs to use sunblock when out in the sun for more than a certain amount of time. I received farmer's burns on my legs, arms and my face (we have to wear large safety goggles on the flightline). Safety first! We were out there for several hours. I think I had plenty of Vitamin D. As a matter of fact, when my boss asked me if I wanted to stay indoors or go outside, I said, Outside please!

I'm trying to remember everything I ate and drank yesterday because it was so busy. I know that by the time I got home, I was starving. Like not the kind of hungry I get when I IF on the weekends, I was spent and needed calories and fat. Same thing happened today. I think I need more fat in my lunch meals because I'm having a hard time tying over till dinner when that happens.

Yesterday's meal
    B: 2 pieces of bacon (I would have had some spinach, but the spinach and I didn't get along yesterday)
    S: 1 oz macadamia nuts, 1 cup strawberries, whole
    L: Last leftover cheesy burger, leftover broccoli and cheese, cherry tomatoes
    S: Almond crackers, like 8, about 2 slices of 1" think Organic Farms Sharp Cheddar
    D: Lemony Chicken piccata (I forgot I was out of Sweat Pea Apple Wine!) and salad with homemade dressing

Drinks: Water

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Cardio

Today was a whole other story food wise. I did good most of the day, but I was so hungry this afternoon that I caved to Kettle Brand Tia's in the Nacho Cheddar Flavor. Good stuff, not good for me. Not fueling the body properly. It was another busy day at work, but mostly because I had to chase after paperwork and learn some new things. That's good, it expands the mind! We had a mini deluge of rain today, with a small hail storm. Poor Gabi had to run to the truck in it when I was picking her up. Small group was great tonight. Ecks, we're planning our fellowship night for next weekend

Today:

B: 2 slices of bacon, about 1 cup cooked spinach in the bacon fat, used some leftover piccata sauce to season with.
    S: Strawberries (I forgot to pack the macadamia nuts, lol)
    L: Leftover chicken piccata and BAS with homemade dressing
    S: One Dagoba 71% dark chocolate (oops, my other slip up cause it has soy in it) About two servings worth of Tia's Nacho Cheddar Chips. Oh, I almost forgot! One of mom's bacon chocolate chip cookies

Drinks: Water

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Lower Body and Abs

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and what it will bring. I'm thankful that today was productive and not just at work.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Right now, I'm not stressed. Anger is what I'm feeling. It has nothing to do with my almost Primal life either. The thing is, when tomorrow comes, I'll be fine. Just gonna have to deal with it and move on.

I had another busy, yet productive day at work. Still some slight stress, but I really can't avoid it at my job. I sort of slept in about a half hour this morning because I was up late chatting with someone again. I don't see that being an issue this evening. I did manage to get Yoga Flex in this morning. That was the only workout called out on the calender, so maybe that was a good thing.

B: 2 pcs bacon
    S: 10 almond crackers topped with some butter, 6 strawberries, about 1 oz macadamia nuts
    L: probably about two servings of leftover fajita meat, onions, and red and green bell peppers. Mix of cherry tomatoes and some sliced cucumber with homemade salad dressing
    S: YIKES! Tias showed up again today 1 serving of the Nacho Cheddar. They are now gone.
    D: Breaded Cod. Used a mix of coconut flour, Italian Chesnut flour, garlic powder, sea salt, and dill weed. Soaked the cod, in between dippings, in coconut milk. Steamed yellow squash.

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Yoga Flex

Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast