Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 79

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You do what you've gotta hun! I'll be praying that you get back up and on your feet soon!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I think I'm feeling better today. I'm not 100%, but I'm doing a lot better than I was yesterday!

My poor kid. I feel kind of bad for her because I've been sick when I've come home from work the past two days. I didn't feel like doing much so I took a nap. We missed out on Starlight Theater, which is held during the summer and features local musicians at a local park. I think today might just be a better day when I get home from work. I have group tonight, but I think I will take Gabi to get a little something she's been craving the past few days.

Tuesday June 11
    Meal 1: Cod cooked with spinach and mushrooms
    Meal 2: Salad with homemade vinegarette, 1 avocado, 1 pluot, and some roasted chicken
    Snack: Dried Pineapple (no sweeteners)
    Drinks: Tea with honey (lots of tea), water, and some coconut milk
    Exercise: None.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Glad you're getting there! Sometimes you need that excuse to just slow down a bit.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

We had a slow week at work last week though, lol. This week sort of just went haywire right at the end of Monday when it came to work. Now it's time to decide what to do for Gabi. I can either take her to see her Aunt next weekend or wait until after she comes back from camp. I'm not sure what to do here so I'll have to get her input. I want her to get some time away from here so that she can relax for a little bit. She needs it badly.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

One more day towards feeling better! I'm surprised that my body is healing faster this time around considering that I still have some of the sunburn left on me. However, I won't complain because this is a good thing. Now to just get the brakes taken care of my truck! One thing at a time right?

I still managed to eat decently regardless of adding some honey to my tea. I did come across a local news report about honey that I found interesting. Some of you might already know about this, but it appears certain other sweeteners are being added to fill in. This seems to be coming from larger manufacturers. Hm....

Wednesday June 12
    Meal 1: Salmon and zucchini
    Meal 2: Leftover burgers and sweet potato fries (cut and baked the day before)
    Meal 3: Scallop piccata and then some fruit at group
    Drinks: Tea with honey, unsweet tea, and water

Have you thought about potentially taking a few days off with Gabi and heading for the beach or something? I know you're not that close but sometimes a good distance away could really open up the opportunity to relax- for the both of you. You've been stressed lately yourself and it almost sounds like you want to do something nice for Gabi because you don't feel like you have time to do something nice for you.

On the honey front you're always safe if you go to a local market and get local raw honey

I have thought about just leaving here all together. It's still going on in my head right now. In the meantime, I've got to do the best that I can at my job and not let things slide regardless of the stress levels. When I take time off, it's usually to spend that time with family. I don't really take time off to go do stuff for just me and the kid. The last time that I got to do that was two years ago. It was great because I got to spend time with friends, but they were okay with me spending more time with Gabi instead.

I'm feeling so much better today! My voice isn't harsh and my throat is clearing up. I still have some sinus issues, but that's ok.

I had some cheese yesterday. I was craving it when I got home yesterday and I'm not sure why. That doesn't happen often anymore.

Tomorrow is Color Run day! Today is the Army's Birthday, so Happy Birthday to my Army friends and myself, lol!

Thursday June 13
    Meal 1: Leftover Scallop piccata and sauteed spinach
    Meal 2: Leftover roasted chicken and salad with not dressing
    Snack: Some cheese
    Meal 3: New York Yankee sans bread. Some mayo and a side salad with EVOO
    Drinks: Water and some sweetened teas (used honey)

A good friend of mine and his wife are moving to a different house in town. The reason he cited was that there were too many heartbreaks while living in their current house. Maybe the same could do for you and Gabi? Move to a different place and get a fresh start?

I was really good about that once upon a time. Of course I was in the Army back then too! I enjoyed being able to move every two years because it meant a fresh start. The funny thing about that was that I still ran into heartbreaks wherever I went. I settled here because I wanted to give my daughter some stability for once in her life. We moved around the same city quite a bit when I was younger so I never really kept friends for too long until we moved into the last house that I lived in before joining the Army. The funny thing is that she's ready to get out of here. She's been ready for a while.

This past weekend was a mix of some non-primal foods with my usual primal stuff. We also did The Color Run! Well, we walked. My group didn't really seem to be filled with any willing runners. Who cares because we had a blast! Side note: People who smoke at these events need to be punched! I'll post some pictures later

I'm going to start Whole 30 today because I'm feeling much better today. Now I just need to reset my calender with my mile marker days.

Fun times yesterday with the kid I can't believe we got into an arguement over direction. She won't admit defeat. I still love her though...

Ecks, I wonder if it maybe is just the earliness of hot weather before summer is actually here that has me craving certain fruits. Can I still do Whole30 with this problem? I've been really craving pineapple even more since the last time I brought it up. The dried stuff is really good. It's not too sweet and it has a tart taste that I like. Maybe I should just go with the Whole30 guidelines for the most part, as far as hypothyroidism, and leave the fruits in because I'm not eating that many. I did have a pluot today that was rather tasty

Monday June 17
    Meal 1: Mustard glazed chicken thighs and a carrot
    Meal 2: Leftover chicken fingers (not breaded in any way), some green peas, some cut up cucumber, and 1 small avocado
    Snack: Dried Pineapple (no sweetener added)
    Meal 3: Fajita meat (no paprika or chili powder in the seasoning), sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms
    Drinks: water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the work building, Lower Body day at the gym

Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast