Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 78

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was so much of a better day all around. I know that I don't get all sunshine and happy days all the time, but it sure is nice to catch a break once in a while! I managed to get in some sun at the pool before going to the gym and then heading to my studay group.

Wednesday Whole30 Day 3
    Meal 1: Brisket, some bacon, and some mixed berries
    Meal 2: Chicken and some more bacon with salad topped with olive oil and an avocado on the side
    Snack since I knew that group would be later: 1 chicken apple sausage and some plantain chips
    Meal 3: Some sausage and some fruit. I ate quite a few cherries last night!
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the work building, and upper body at the gym.
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Your day sounds outstanding! I would love to just spend time by the pool! I will definitely check out not a fan!

I'm curious to see if the "quite a few cherries" you mentioned in your food lead to better sleep. I was reading an article the other day talking about how cherries are a potent source of external melatonin. Did you notice any change to your sleep last night? Did you sleep deeper?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I did sleep quite deeply last night. My alarm frightened me this morning. I figured it's because I asked for better sleep last night
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

It seems in strange ways he delivers... Even if it is through a bucket load of cherries
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I won't complain about a bowl full of cherries to help me sleep

Another quieter day was had by all in my area at work. Thank goodness for that! I did get a very small headache and decided a nap was the better option when I got home. That seemed to work fine. I made some stuff for our potluck today. They guys really love the bacon wrapped sausage stuffed dates so they ask for them every time now. I also made some lemony lamb dolmas this time around. One of my guys says it's hippie food, lol.

Thursday Whole 30 Day4
    Meal 1: 2 Chicken and Apple sausages with sauteed mushrooms and I think one other veggie
    Meal 2: Leftover of the chicken from the other night, some leftover squash, and one avocado
    Snack: I think I had the last sausage
    Meal 3: 1/2 New York Yankee sans bread and cheese with side salad
    Taste test of the cooked food: one date and two dolmas
    Drinks: water and unsweet tea

Ecks, I'm thinking that from now on I will only get as much as I know I'm going to eat when it comes to veggies and probably meat too. I've been thinking about going on a missionary trip (got to get mine and Gabi's passports) when one comes up. So I thought to myself I need to only eat what I actually need. Plenty of people have less than what I do, so it's not a good idea to go with more if I don't need it. I hate seeing wasted food on my plate. I can control how much I put on my salad plate. I think the only thing I don't mind wasting are the chips.

I have a feeling that a missions trip will help solidify your mindset. I'm curious to see how it'll effect me. There are 30 days left til I leave! Crazy!

It's hard to shop for only what you're going to eat. I often find myself tossing some meat in the freezer mid week to keep it from going bad then I end up buying more of that meat the next week instead of defrosting... It really is an issue that I should be addressing!

Ecks, let's hope so!

Friday was a decent day with some relaxation involved in there somewhere. We had a potluck at work, but I stayed away from looked like a no no. Will say that I ate quite a few of my dolmas on Friday for meal 2 and meal 3.

We went to Splash Amarillo on Saturday and I may have overdosed on some Vitamin D, but it was worth it. Today has just been a chill day. I moved the small compost bin from my back porch to the front one so that it's in my line of site when the door is open. My goal is to dump this every other week into mom's composter if I need to.

Friday Whole 30 Day 5
    Meal 1: Bacon, brisket, and some berries.
    Meal 2: Bacon wrapped sausage stuffed dates, dolmas, some more brisket that was freaking good, and some veggies
    Meal 3 and snack at various times: Dolmas
    Exercise: Morning dog walk

Saturday Whole30 Day 6
    Meal 1: Bacon and some other meat with some veggies
    Meal 2: Pastrami and corned beef with side salad
    I didn't have a meal 3. My day was all sorts of off because I didn't go by my usual schedule
    Snack: Plantains again.
    Exercise: Going to the water park? I think that might just count.

I feel the need to headsmack my mom just a little bit after yesterday. The thing is, I need to remember that she's still new to Primal. This is the reply that I received when I told her that I can't have sugar right now unless it's naturally occuring: "Well, there's not very much in the brownies, just a little stuff." I had to tell her again that I couldn't have any sugar or any extra sweeteners right now. Then she asked me why and I had to tell her that I'm doing Whole30 again and that means NO ADDED SWEETENERS. I hate turning down a brownie, but right now is not a good time for those, even if she makes it gluten-free while she is still using canola oil...... I still love her. I know that she means well, but I have to say no.

Sunday Whole30 Day 7
    Meal 1: Bacon, steak, and sauteed zucchini
    Meal 2: Salmon and a side salad with some plantains
    Meal 3: Pork chop, some green peas, raw cucs and carrots.
    Drinks: water and tea

Oddly enough the whole30 group allows for canola... I'm not sure why... Their justification is that it's in every restaurant and that you can't really avoid it. I'm not sure I buy that.

The Official "Can I Have..." Guide to the Whole30 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmmm. I'm still weary of it.

I have to go off Whole30 today. I've got a bit of a cold that could turn into a worse if I'm not careful. My immune system was already down the other day from sun burn and the monthly friend visitation. I went with a friend to the doctors office for her to checked for a few things and it turns out one of those things was the beginning of strep. I don't have it, yet. I can't stay home from work right now either because we are already down 2 people. Did I mention that we're working 10 hour days until Friday? YES! This is the best time for me to be under the weather. So right now, I'm using herbal stuff that I have available, but I know some of it has some form of sweetener in it even if it's a neglegable amount. I'm also using some raw honey in tea. I sort of want to punch something or yell out my frustrations because this means that I have to start all over again! I tried to get some rest yesterday when I got home, but that didn't happen until bed time.

Monday Whole30 Day 8
    Meal 1: Pork chop, bacon, and some sauteed spinach
    Meal 2: 3 hard boiled egg yolks (which are rather creamy if they just in between hard and soft boiled), salad with lettuce, endive, carrots, cucumbers, and beets. Homemade vinagrette
    Meal 3: Some roasted chicken skin and meat with some plantains again (I'm done with my monthly visitor, so I don't think I'll be craving more carbs today)
    Drinks: Water, tumeric tea, and some regular canned coconut milk

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast