Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 77

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad to hear that you are safe! Also glad to hear that you are restarting your Whole30! I know that youve had yoru heart set on completing one for a while and it's nice to see that you're sticking to your guns.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, I'm glad I'm restarting too! Last week was rough. I just can't let life get in the way of a healthier gut!

We went over to Mom's house and helped her clean for a little bit. Most of what she had were leaves and branches. Then we went to my friend Amy's place. She was just about finished with her place when we got there so I ended up just chatting with her about how it went for her.

Wednesday May 29 Whole30 Restart Day 1
    Meal 1: Sausage and some bacon. I didn't have time to get veggies going
    Meal 2: Leftover broccoli and skirt steak
    Meal 3: 2 Chicken Apple Sausages and some plaintain
    Exercise was minimal: Helping mom in her yard
    Drinks: water and more water

We moved group to tonight. I've got the fruit salad ready to go for tonight. The meat is sitting in the fridge with the seasoning mixed in. I just need to get the meat cooked and seperate the fruit salads. I'm going to do one just plain and then one with freshly ground cinnamon in it. That flakier cinnamon is good stuff!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

We sort of had group at my place last night, but we ended up fellowshipping because we didn't have as many people there. The food was good though! We took a field trip last night to the bookstore so I could finally get the book that I needed.

I read Mark's post about boredom yesterday and it hit home with me. I have been thinking about the fact that I usually just fill up my time with stuff to do. This doesn't allow for me to be bored and to just let my mind roam (which can sometimes actually get me into trouble). I miss the days of just sitting there and watching clouds roll by and such other "boring" activities. It's interesting because we've talked about this in my church groups too.

Thursday Whole30 Day 2
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage. Again, no time for veggies because I woke up so late
    Meal 2: Leftover fish, broccoli and then some bacon that I got from English Field House. I also had some cantaloupe and honeydew melon
    Meal 3: Bacon wrapped meatballs, cinnamon seasoned (freshly ground is yummy!) fruit mix, and a carrot/cucumber salad using some homemade mayo seasoned with a greek seasoning mix.
    Exercise: One walk around the building at work, but I was also running around work quite a bit yesterday too. I was on my feet most of the day.

Yesterday was a pretty good day and I needed the laughs at the end of the day.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Sounds like you've been doing better lately Always happy to see that!

M'dear I've gotta find a way to scoop you up and take you home! You've always got the best food journals!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I would love to come and visit for a while if I could!

Now.......yesterday.......and some plantain chips........ I got really lazy last night because I was exhausted from work! I told Gabi that I didn't feel like cooking. I had some plantain chips, but I really should have just not bought the bag...... Usually Natural Grocers has small bags of them. They didn't and I really wanted some last night. So I bought some from TJMAxx. Not smart on my behalf but what's done is done.

I did take Roxy on a 4 mile walk this morning. I let Gabi sleep in because she had her room cleaned up last night. I was only going to walk maybe 2-3 miles, but I wanted to just stay outside for a while. I think that's just what I needed this morning after time spent with God before leaving the house.

Friday Whole 30 Day 3
    Meal 1: Brisket, bacon, and some fruit
    Meal 2: Leftover bacon wrapped meatballs, some of the carrot cucumber salad, and an avocado
    Meal 3: Fruit salad, energy bar, and some plantain chips. Not the best idea in the world, but it did what I needed it to do last night. I didn't really feel any worse for wear this morning when I got up so I'm not going to let this get to me.
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and then walking around like crazy at work
    Drinks: Water and some of my mint tea from home.

I'm curious about the energy bar. I have a hard time finding energy bars that are even close to paleo let alone whole30

Yeah, I have to start all over again today! Man, I don't know what got into me this past weekend. The last time that I did Whole30, I was able to control myself. However, those energy bars don't have the typical sweetner in them. They use dates in the whole form. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that being said, I have to start today. Maybe that's best for me anyway. It's a Monday and it's the beginning of the week. I didn't prep myself properly before the weekend hit to make sure that I had safety's available for the times that I might get hungry.

Saturday
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage patty with some leftover cucumber/carrot salad
    Snack: Brother's energy bar
    Meal 2: Corned beef/pastrami without bread and a good sized side salad from Jason's
    Meal 3: Steak and the rest of the fruit.
    Exercise: 4 mile walk in the morning with Roxy

Sunday:
    Meal 1: Last homemade sausage patty and the very last of the cucumber/carrot salad with some bacon
    Meal 2: Chicken chopped salad
    Meal 3: Beef Pot roast with some brussell sprouts, carrots, and then some au jus sauce
    Exercise: morning dog walk

I have more to share about my weekend, but I don't have time to type about it.

Roxy cut one of her dew claws on Sunday. This happened while we were waiting in the pen area at the dog park. I think she might have cut it when she put her paws up on the chain link fence. She's doing fine, with the exception of when I change the dressing out around the dew claw area. I'm going to make a vet appt to get them removed so that we don't have this happen again. She has to go in for her rabbies shots soon anyway.

I have learned that my hammock can bring some much needed peace when I've had a rough week at work. The pools are open since last weeks storm. I can get in some swimming time and some sun now too with that

I managed to cook up some seriously awesome food for dinner last night before going to the gym. The chicken was pretty juicy this time around. I finally found out that I can adjust the feet on the stove. The two front ones need to come down some because the oil is pooling in one particular spot in the pans whenever I cook.

Monday Whole30 Day1:
    Meal 1: Haddock fillet cooked in coconut oil, with sauteed shitake mushrooms and zucchini
    Meal 2: Leftover of mom's pot roast with some brussell sprouts, 1 avocado, some liverwurst, and a fresh carrot
    Meal 3: Lemony Rosemary chicken cooked in coconut oil. Steamed broccoli and some coconut milk from the can
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: 1 short morning dog walk, 1 walk around the bldg at work, Lower Body at the gym.

Have you thought about getting Epic Bar as a good backup snack? It looks like Crossfit 806 in Amarillo sells them (According to Epic's website). The beef bars and turkey bars seem to be whole30 (the bison bars have brown rice sugar). May not be a bad option to keep on hand at work and at home for when you need a quick and balanced whole30 fix!

Jealous of your hammock! I need to buy one again (had one with an old roommate but it was his and he took it with him when he moved )

Hope you're not stressing too much about the whole30. You're doing well hun! Keep it up and don't lose sight! At the same time don't lose sight of why you're doing it- to recognize good and bad foods in your diet.

I do know the folks from Crossfit 806. I used to be a part of their gym for a few months. I couldn't keep up with their schedule though. They have moved to a different location that's right up the road from my place, I think. Maybe I will waltz over there one afternoon and see if they still sell the stuff.

I did do good with Whole30 yesterday even though I was tempted, just slightly, to fail. We ate at Jason's last night, but I took Gabi to Starbucks before that. She's been going through some stuff the past few days so I really needed to spend more time listening to her and not doing much else that would distract me from her. Cooking is actually one of those things because I get into a zone at times and she isn't always in the kitchen area when I cook. I did buy a new ceramic pan, like a 9" one from TJMaxx. I'm going to slowly replace my other pans including my cast irons (those have seen better days and one has some scented oil in it that I can't get out). I think just chilling with her last night did her some good. I'm really hoping that by the end of this week she's better.

Ecks, I think I'm going to recommend "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman to you and maybe the video study for you and a small group. So far the book is kicking my butt in a good way and it's really starting to help me tie the journal and video study together much better.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 2
    Meal 1: Pork chop with steamed yellow squash and sauteed mushrooms
    Meal 2: Leftover chicken, some leftover broccoli, some strawberries, some liverwurst, and 1 avocado
    Meal 3: Corned beef and pastrami with a side salad covered with EVOO and some squeezed lemon juice
    Drinks: water, unsweet tea, and some cocnut milk
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and one walk around the building at work.

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast